Which oil(s)?

FormerLurker

Awards
Hi All-

I've been reading about what oil or oils a man should supplement his diet with, and I'm more confused than when I started. I've been taking a fish oil capsule everyday, and was considering switching to krill oil. I read about the supposed benefits of flax oil, and have tried supplementing with Barlean's Omega Man, a flax-based blend.

Really, I'm not terribly impressed by the Barlean's-it seems to cut my libido down a notch, which I don't appreciate.

Some people on this forum advocate virgin coconut oil and/or hemp oil.

I'm not a bodybuilder; my goals are all-around health, with emphasis on weight loss, lipid metabolism, sexual function, and endothelial function.

Can anyone clear this area up for me? Thanks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hi All-

I've been reading about what oil or oils a man should supplement his diet with, and I'm more confused than when I started. I've been taking a fish oil capsule everyday, and was considering switching to krill oil. I read about the supposed benefits of flax oil, and have tried supplementing with Barlean's Omega Man, a flax-based blend.

Really, I'm not terribly impressed by the Barlean's-it seems to cut my libido down a notch, which I don't appreciate.

Some people on this forum advocate virgin coconut oil and/or hemp oil.

I'm not a bodybuilder; my goals are all-around health, with emphasis on weight loss, lipid metabolism, sexual function, and endothelial function.

Can anyone clear this area up for me? Thanks.
In a nut shell

Hemp oil - proper ratio 4:1 can use long time will not cause omega 3 imbalance like flax seed . It over comes metabolic blockages associated with many diseases

cocconut oil - use moderation sat fats help hormone, do not use if insulin resistant

Fish oils if you do not eat fish , but if TRT becareful

If flax is making you lympy add in 2-3 whole organic eggs a day for 2-3 weeks see if that helps if not back it down to 1 a day

With out proper evaluation its hard to determine what combination works. If you been using flax for a long time it can cause hormonal issues due to lowering the nutrient that is responsible for producing testosterone it self

bluedreamer

Awards
matrix, would you elaborate on why/how to be careful with fish oil when on trt?? Thanks much.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
matrix, would you elaborate on why/how to be careful with fish oil when on trt?? Thanks much.
Testosterone makes a person more insulin sensitive and can some how change the composition of cell membrane representing some one that over does fish oils. It increases the desaturase enyzme why I have no idea still exploring it.