Steroids vs. Prohormones

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you think people buying illegal steroids are even smart any more? With all of the PH choices out there, I just can't figure out why someone would risk possessing much less selling illegal steroids these days. It's crazy what the federal gov't is doing against steroids and the sentencing...what do you think?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
It's a diversion. Takes all attention away from legitamate health and safety issues of all Americans. Kinda scary how they are telling us what we can and can't put in to our own bodies...next our names may be replaced with numbers.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My number shall be.......007! :bruce2:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
wat are these stare r0ids that you speeek ov?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
It is crazy what the government is doing. An awful lot of resources are being poured into keeping the country "drug free." I agree there is some risk involved, especially with the current government trend, but there seems to be a never ending demand for steroids. Legal or otherwise. There are many people who believe that nothing available legally can produce the results that illegal substances can, and are very willing to take the risks. Oftentimes when something legally available does work well, our wonderful government steps in and bans the substance, making simple possession a felony. Sure, there are somewhat effective choices available currently, but for how long? In the end, it really boils down to demand, and as long as there is a healthy demand, there will be someone willing to supply. This constant "war on steroids" in America almost seems to have a negative feedback loop on keeping illegal steroids out. The more that becomes illegal, the more illegal importing and sales occur. Just my 3 cents.

Anyway, LG, you keep the innovative supps coming, and then maybe us consumers won't feel the need to risk doing time for our musclebuilding crime.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I feel like the choices were better before the ban in 2004; however, I agree the risk has gone up a lot.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the govt would be better off waging a war on obesity - it's fcuking up the Western World more than any 'drugs' are.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is crazy what the government is doing. An awful lot of resources are being poured into keeping the country "drug free." I agree there is some risk involved, especially with the current government trend, but there seems to be a never ending demand for steroids. Legal or otherwise. There are many people who believe that nothing available legally can produce the results that illegal substances can, and are very willing to take the risks. Oftentimes when something legally available does work well, our wonderful government steps in and bans the substance, making simple possession a felony. Sure, there are somewhat effective choices available currently, but for how long? In the end, it really boils down to demand, and as long as there is a healthy demand, there will be someone willing to supply. This constant "war on steroids" in America almost seems to have a negative feedback loop on keeping illegal steroids out. The more that becomes illegal, the more illegal importing and sales occur. Just my 3 cents...
:goodpost:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
people can get them when they eant them, that's y theres no real serious rebellion against government...let them outlaw smoking, period or sex in all aspects-you'd see an uproar of gigantic portions lol

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Given the recent scrutiny on the legal brand of A.A.S., you have mentioned, QCS for some of these 'legitimate' companies are no more stringent than that of an Underground lab. This further extends beyond safety, and into efficacy as well. When a fly-by-night company does nothing to promote a COA or any QCS standards, how is purchasing illegal A.A.S., any different?

Further, I feel many people opt for tried and tested - so to speak - compounds like EQ, Testosterone (in its many ester forms) and Nandrolone derivatives because they have both legitimate data, and decades of use, providing as a refuge of proof of efficacy.

Whether it was ever 'smart' to purchase any illegal substance, A.A.S. or otherwise, is a question of pragmatics which invariably comes down to the individual user.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
idk, ive always heard that the legal aas are not as hard on the system as some of their PH/DS counterparts... im not sure tho

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I do another AAS cycle, then it will be injects only. While the new wave of orals are potent, they are also not well understood.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I guess I never thought of that Mullet. In some sense the years of use does give things like Deca and Eq and Test some apparent safety or risk profile, that is acceptable to other users. Combine that with the feeling that OTC Prosteroids don't work as well, and you get an increased desire. My only question is now that M1T is considered contraband, do the underground circles still consider it to be "not as good" as other illegal anabolics?

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Do you think people buying illegal steroids are even smart any more? With all of the PH choices out there, I just can't figure out why someone would risk possessing much less selling illegal steroids these days. It's crazy what the federal gov't is doing against steroids and the sentencing...what do you think?
Id risk it with illegal AAS... i've done far worse and the chances of the big boys targeting you (the end user) are pretty slim.

PHs = half the gains, 3x the risk...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
given that doing a test cycle you are adding to what your body normally produces rather than adding in a basically foreign synthetic hormone, it does make sense with test as a steroid, but i'm less sure with other types like decca

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess I never thought of that Mullet. In some sense the years of use does give things like Deca and Eq and Test some apparent safety or risk profile, that is acceptable to other users. Combine that with the feeling that OTC Prosteroids don't work as well, and you get an increased desire. My only question is now that M1T is considered contraband, do the underground circles still consider it to be "not as good" as other illegal anabolics?
I agree with your implied point: It's ridiculous underground circles would frown upon the new batch of designers (after all, many, if not all, were in Vida). Illicit substance circles are always quite strange; I remember my Coke-head friends staring down their noses at prescription drug users. Always a hierarchy I suppose!

Anyway, I feel many of these steroids released under legitimate conditions have efficacy profiles which rival Underground, more published compounds. SuperDrol, PheraPlex, these types of steroids come to mind. I think many more underground-exclusive users would benefit from expanding their horizons to include these products.

However, I would still stand by my original point, that the current government scrutiny and pressure has degraded QCS standards (due to legal concerns) to the point that Underground and legitimate is a convoluted line. I would rather stick to a slow and steady injectable cycle featuring Testosterone and Equipose, rather than place my faith in a new, rather unpublished ProHormone. While many most likely have outstanding safety profiles: if I am going to be shutdown, I may as well make it worth it!

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
I agree with your implied point: It's ridiculous underground circles would frown upon the new batch of designers (after all, many, if not all, were in Vida). Illicit substance circles are always quite strange; I remember my Coke-head friends staring down their noses at prescription drug users. Always a hierarchy I suppose!

Anyway, I feel many of these steroids released under legitimate conditions have efficacy profiles which rival Underground, more published compounds. SuperDrol, PheraPlex, these types of steroids come to mind. I think many more underground-exclusive users would benefit from expanding their horizons to include these products.

However, I would still stand by my original point, that the current government scrutiny and pressure has degraded QCS standards (due to legal concerns) to the point that Underground and legitimate is a convoluted line. I would rather stick to a slow and steady injectable cycle featuring Testosterone and Equipose, rather than place my faith in a new, rather unpublished ProHormone. While many most likely have outstanding safety profiles: if I am going to be shutdown, I may as well make it worth it!
:clap2: Well said! Alot of these so callled PS and PH are absolute junk. If someone is wanting to stay muscular and fit for the long run then injectables are the only way to go. Designer orals (for the most part) have greater sides, with far less effectiveness. With that being said, I feel that most people start with PH's and PS's because they don't want to break the law, BUT after the first two or three cycles the gains are highly diminished and the sides are more noticeable. That is when the driven bodybuilder/powerlifter is forced to the dark side to get those "real" results Yeeaahbooyyy!! :aargh: