If we started an association

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

  1. I think this is a great idea and I would be down.


  2. I'm down

  3. I am working on getting this going.
    •   
       


  4. I think this is a great idea.

    As someone said, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit will first require a mailing address and board of directors to be named. At the very least, I believe, a chairman, treasurer, and secretary. The only one I was ever involved in was a military association in Massachusetts, so I don't know how the laws differ between states, but that is where we had to start...PO BOX and a few dedicated individuals willing to have their names appear on a public record...

  5. Please can a few of you research, and compile a list of Dr's that are well educated on the pro's and cons of supps / AAS?

    Please do not get Dr's that are either all for or all against but individuals that are well aware of the risks and can represent us fairly.

    Much Love and reps to those who compile this list.....now's your turn to Learn, Teach & Lead!

    Once I have the list I'll contact them with details and ?a link to this thread maybe?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by methusaleh View Post
    I think this is a great idea.

    As someone said, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit will first require a mailing address and board of directors to be named. At the very least, I believe, a chairman, treasurer, and secretary. The only one I was ever involved in was a military association in Massachusetts, so I don't know how the laws differ between states, but that is where we had to start...PO BOX and a few dedicated individuals willing to have their names appear on a public record...
    I would like to be a part of this committee.

  7. A little late here but I'm def in.

  8. The first thing we would need to do is define every goal and desire we have as a group that every member could completely agree with, and use them to start drafts of a mission statement.
    If we don't have a clearly stated set of purposes in writing, people won't know exactly what we'd be standing for, and we'd be overly prone to people being misinformed about us. I volunteer to help write this once we get our goals in order, as reading and writing are a couple of things I do well. I also volunteer for anything that needs proofreading.

    EDIT: you think we could schedule a time in the shoutbox to get an outline going?

  9. I like it a lot! Count me in

    MB
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

  10. Anyone a web / Graphic designer here fluent in php / html / xml / other current web design technologies etc?

    step forward please photoshop guru's!

    Legal have you come up with a name at all? Suggestions?

    I would think something clear, concise with a smidge of imagination thrown in!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post

    I would think something clear, concise with a smidge of imagination thrown in!
    lol I really don't want imagination in the name at all, or we're going to end up with some goofy acronym that spells out something cheesy. I think we'll be taken more seriously initially if we can avoid that...

  12. Who are we?, We're H.A.R.D yeah dat's roight H.A.R.D!

    Humanitarian Assocation Research Development - Join the H.A.R.D Core!

    Global Intellectual Muscle Party - G.I.M.P

    Global United Anabolic Research Development - G.U.A.R.D

    Defending Everyone Rights Vitamins & Supplements - D.E.R.V.S

    Association Supplementation Health - A.S.H

    Just playing around

  13. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Would you join?

    This association would provide for it's members:

    1) Hopefully reduced health care for both supplement company owners and individuals that wish to opt in...low cost health care is something everyone should have and I beleive that we could get an association together that would give it's members access to reduced healthcare for those that wish to buy it (there is strength in numbers for buying health care)

    2) A lobby to provide a counter to all of the mis-information that is thrown towards sports supplements AND things like steroids. I don't support full legalization (mainly cuz it won't happen) but de-criminalization is certainly a good thing. Someone doing juice isn't anywhere near the cocaine and heroin addict and should be treated differently.

    Just a thought...ideas?

    well down the line I am getting in to politics, I would love to be a lobbyist for your association.

    -GJJ

  14. It needs to sound good like "Council For Responsible Sports Nutrition"

    We are closer to getting this going by the day. The lawyer representing us in the FDA issue is going to start the association to keep it company neutral.

    I think the first thing is for the association to make a comment on the upcoming scheduling of 1,4 Andro which is a naturally occurring compound that isn't causing people to steal, kill or even cause any social ills. There is no need to schedule this item, since it has many health benefits is 100% naturally occurring and isn't causing any social blight. What is the purpose for making more people criminals?

    Second, we can offer healthcare for our member companies and even individuals. You can save some serious money buying with a bunch of people, so we would be in on that one for sure!

    Let's try to get a time in the shout box then!

  15. Just give me the word and I'll light a fire on other boards as well, if that is what we want to happen!

  16. im really late for this but count me in.

  17. Well, remember that this is an open association for everyone open to protecting our freedoms. We can have very simple membership requirements and then if people want to donate, they can for simple things like lobbiests to find stupid legislation like the scheduling of 1,4 Andro. That is for sure naturally occurring and isn't causing public blight like robberies etc... What is the public good for scheduling it. Oh, and it's not REALLY late...It's REALLY early! So, keep involved!

    That being said, I am knee deep in all of this FDA stuff, but since it is open, let's pick some initial board members ad hoc to get things rolling. I nominate neoborn for sure! Other people that would like to get involved, could you write a brief bio of who you are and what you can bring to the table? I think grass roots efforts like this can really work.

    The ad hoc board members could recruit people and I am sure Ron Berry would be open to recruiting other supplement companies, so we would have both bases covered.

    Anyone that wishes to kick some ideas around can email me at sales@lgsciences.com I will give you my yahoo IM addy and we can start to get some things going.

  18. I wish I could offer something to you guys, but I don't have any knowledge of politics and Im not good at photoshop lol. It may be a good ideal to get some kind of online support petition/site going so you could possibly set up a computer at events like the MR.O for people to sign up and give their emails and what not to help spread the word about this.
    Muscle Pharm Rep

  19. as with Pmiller... i do not have much to offer to you guys but i am in...

    i am subbing, best of luck. this needs to happen...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  20. I wish we could get the 2004 ban lifted.

  21. I wouldn't call myself a Photoshop "Guru" but I have basic Photoshop skills. So if I can help, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm also capable of building HTML/CSS based websites with forums (like this one) and I'm an SEO guru (search engine optimization). I've never had an issue obtaining A LOT of traffic to any of my web endeavors (they stretch across a very wide range of topics).

    As for a name... Council For Responsible Sports Nutrition sounds good.. I'm no genius but I don't think the name of the organization needs to have anything specific about "sports nutrition". I think general health nutrition would attract more attention. Even when discussing testosterone - HRT isn't necessarily "sports".

    I know the example was only that - an example... I just wanted to add my thoughts on it...

    Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    Anyone a web / Graphic designer here fluent in php / html / xml / other current web design technologies etc?

    step forward please photoshop guru's!

    Legal have you come up with a name at all? Suggestions?

    I would think something clear, concise with a smidge of imagination thrown in!

  22. i wanted to add that i am enrolled at a college that is very involved with health education, i may be able to target some people via this route...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  23. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Would you join?

    This association would provide for it's members:

    1) Hopefully reduced health care for both supplement company owners and individuals that wish to opt in...low cost health care is something everyone should have and I beleive that we could get an association together that would give it's members access to reduced healthcare for those that wish to buy it (there is strength in numbers for buying health care)

    2) A lobby to provide a counter to all of the mis-information that is thrown towards sports supplements AND things like steroids. I don't support full legalization (mainly cuz it won't happen) but de-criminalization is certainly a good thing. Someone doing juice isn't anywhere near the cocaine and heroin addict and should be treated differently.

    Just a thought...ideas?
    interesting thought i like it

  24. Nice thanks guys.

    "Council For Responsible Health & Sports Nutrition"

  25. I like the way that sounds Neo.

  26. I haven't read this whole thread, so this might have been brought up all ready. I get the Life Extension magazine every month, and it seems they are trying to do a lot of the same things we would want.

    Would it make any sence to maybe team up with them or at least work in conjunction with them?

  27. Life Extension magazine.. Good point. I was in a vitamin store a few weeks ago - and two guys behind the counter were discussing supplements being banned and pointed out that Life Extension magazine was very involved with going against just that..

    Life Extension Foundation - Highest Quality Vitamins And Supplements

  28. They are in a different market. I have already spoken to them though and I am sure they would be a good ally to things.

  29. a non-lifting friend of mine began to rant about this movie coming out. i guess the directer was on a popular morning radio show last week, "explaining" some things. it seems to me, from what i have gathered, most is simply common knowledge for those "in the know" and maybe a lot of propaganda and misinformation. i didnt like how within the first few seconds i see "from the producers of Fahrenheit 911." i dont know...




    Also, LG, is there a board where we can get more information on this topic? the progression, etc.?
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

  30. We need to move on this organization soon. If there is anyone with simple web work, let me know. I will buy the URL and get things going.

    We want a REAL action oriented group and we don't need money for that, just thousands of emails and letters when something like making GH a schedule III comes up.

    GH a Schedule III are you joking? Anyone know of someone robbing a liquor stand for GH? Is it really such a big crime?

    We (United States Of America) have the highest prison lock up rate in the WORLD.

    Incarceration Rate
    US - 751
    China - 119
    UK - 147
    Canada - 107
    Iran - 212

    The US prison population has increased approximately 500 percent in the last 30 years, and continues to grow.

    Do we really need to make GH a schedule III drug?

  31. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    We need to move on this organization soon. If there is anyone with simple web work, let me know. I will buy the URL and get things going.

    We want a REAL action oriented group and we don't need money for that, just thousands of emails and letters when something like making GH a schedule III comes up.

    GH a Schedule III are you joking? Anyone know of someone robbing a liquor stand for GH? Is it really such a big crime?

    We (United States Of America) have the highest prison lock up rate in the WORLD.

    Incarceration Rate
    US - 751
    China - 119
    UK - 147
    Canada - 107
    Iran - 212

    The US prison population has increased approximately 500 percent in the last 30 years, and continues to grow.

    Do we really need to make GH a schedule III drug?
    i'm still in.........just not going to be able to help in the website set up though.....not that experienced.

  32. If I can get my machine up and running I can help with the website....there must be some pro pro's on here though!

  33. LG I will be sending you an email, count me in for whatever I can do...

  34. Sorry a bit off topic but saw you talking about GH being a schedule 3 substance. Schedule 3 is better than 1-2.

    Schedule III drugs
    Required:

    (A) The drug or other substance has a potential for abuse less than the drugs or other substances in schedules I and II.
    (B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
    (C) Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or high psychological dependence.

    These drugs are available only by prescription, though control of wholesale distribution is somewhat less stringent than Schedule II drugs. Prescriptions for Schedule III drugs may be refilled up to five times within a six month period.

    Drugs on this schedule include:

    * Anabolic steroids (including prohormones such as androstenedione)
    That means that in order to be on the list, it has to be currently acceptable for treatments and of medical uses in the US. Better than no acceptable medical usage. Surprisingly trenbolone is a schedule 3 substance...

  35. sub'd....

  36. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Would you join?

    This association would provide for it's members:

    1) Hopefully reduced health care for both supplement company owners and individuals that wish to opt in...low cost health care is something everyone should have and I beleive that we could get an association together that would give it's members access to reduced healthcare for those that wish to buy it (there is strength in numbers for buying health care)

    2) A lobby to provide a counter to all of the mis-information that is thrown towards sports supplements AND things like steroids. I don't support full legalization (mainly cuz it won't happen) but de-criminalization is certainly a good thing. Someone doing juice isn't anywhere near the cocaine and heroin addict and should be treated differently.

    Just a thought...ideas?

    sounds great to me.

  37. I'm not sure about joining such an organization (money is tight) but I would sign my name onto a petition(s)

  38. $5 to join? I think everyone can afford that, especially if you save on healthcare!

  39. IM IN
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Starting an albuterol log
    By NYhomeboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 11:08 PM
  2. If live in an Islamic country do NOT steal bread
    By CROWLER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 02:11 AM
  3. About to start an IGF-1 cycle...
    By joetrisman in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Log in
Log in