If we started an association

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. All I'm saying is that it's usually more constructive to think of solutions instead of additional problems.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

2. I agree my friend [ i guess i should have said more simple labels is needed and holding supplement companies more accountable.
    •   

3. the label claims on some of these products needs to be more regulated also.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BLACK747 View Post
    the label claims on some of these products needs to be more regulated also.
    But you CAN gain 8lbs in just 14 days with Nitrotech...I don't see the problem

In honesty I do agree with you. Some of the claims are a bit out there, 8 pounds of lean mass in 14 days...that's not natural.

Perhaps use averages/medians/etc. instead of that one oddity or genetic freak that yields ridiculous numbers when introduced to the product. I pick on Muscle Tech, but they do cite sources. Whether or not those sources are relevant to the product or if they're just using the one genetic anomaly from the results, they are allowing for customer investigation. But would enough people really inquire about those studies to justify supplement companies including them on their labels...or would including them on the label ensure a sort of (false?) legitimacy that encourages a sale?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

5. yeah i know but when some of these so call psophisicated companies come out with these claims of outlandish muscle growth pulling the unimformed in claiming drug like gains are crazy and greedy and thats one of the problem facing the supp industry as a whole and you are right who really research everything they take we all should and muscletech not the only company that makes these claims they just get more media coverage so to say lol

6. Quote Originally Posted by BLACK747 View Post
    yeah i know but when some of these so call psophisicated companies come out with these claims of outlandish muscle growth pulling the unimformed in claiming drug like gains are crazy and greedy and thats one of the problem facing the supp industry as a whole and you are right who really research everything they take we all should and muscletech not the only company that makes these claims they just get more media coverage so to say lol
    dude. i'm sorry bro, but use some punctuation. i had to read this like 4 or 5 times to try to understand it.

7. how about requiring supplement companies to have available clinical studies explaining why and how their products work? If you want them that is. It wouldn't be attached to every product sold, but available on their website or by mail or something. This way it's a little more clear cut when people say Cell tech puts on so many hundreds of pounds of lean mass in a year

love that smiley

8. i dig the association idea.

9. man whatever.

10. Next time ,i will try to be a little more clearer. [dude] lol
    •   

11. if this is actually possible we do need to start organizing. It's a great idea for people who are like us, not just bodybuilders, but everyone. Gathering a list of Senators Representatives and Congress members we could contact as well as possible brands who, also, might be interested. This way several people, not just the handful who have discussed this here, could attempt to convince them to join 'our side' if you will. I'm assuming such "high standard" labels such as Muscletech and BSN wouldn't care. But the smaller brands like ALRI might jump all over it. Just my 0.02

12. Someone start something for me to join and help.

Give me

1. Join >>>Superduperbbassociation.com <<<

2. Then do 'x'

3. Let others know about 1 & 2

etc? Someone spark some sh!t and I'll fan the flames and get creative.

13. Well, the Arnold is coming up and I will talk to everyone about it there (smaller companies) then we can solicit the bigger ones too. We don't need much money, just a small amount per company would do it, like $1000 I think and we could actually have a voice in congress. The healthcare thing would just be a side benefit for people to join. Lower cost healthcare is something people can get through an association.

14. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Well, the Arnold is coming up and I will talk to everyone about it there (smaller companies) then we can solicit the bigger ones too. We don't need much money, just a small amount per company would do it, like $1000 I think and we could actually have a voice in congress. The healthcare thing would just be a side benefit for people to join. Lower cost healthcare is something people can get through an association.
    Would be awesome! I think companies would be willing to join. Bigger companies may think they need to run the show though.

15. I'm in. I work in DC and I see first hand what a couple of lobbyists/congressional liaisons can do. It is absolutely insane the way our system works (by this I mean that I am disillusioned by the way that you can figure out how everything in Washington works by 'following the money') - and if no one is representing our interests as far as supplements go, someone with a monetary interest is going to take it eventually, and turn it into profit for themselves.

16. We are not starting an organization to police the industry, hopefully that would happen on its own. We more want to stop the horrible press thrown upon the sport supplement world thanks to Balco and Mark McGuire with his bull**** "andro" remark.

This is about protecting our freedoms and our right to buy supplements. As for the advertising, if they can't get Extenz off the air with it's "made it bigger" marketing, then the world doesn't care about advertising really.

17. I never meant for my post to imply any attempt at policing the industry. My opinion is that if these studies/information was made available it would make it much more difficult for the media to imply no one knows what is in the product. Also it would clear up any lingering questions in parents and/or loved ones' heads about what we are taking. Also it would give little ground for people to stand on if they try to say "Oh I thought (insert designer steriod here) was in my Creatine."

It would protect all of us.

I should add that randomized batch testing would help as well. But I think some or most companies are doing this already.

Also I don't think any of this should be government enforced, rather privatized. I don't trust the Federal Government one solitary bit.

18. Quote Originally Posted by WhenAllFails View Post
    I never meant for my post to imply any attempt at policing the industry. My opinion is that if these studies/information was made available it would make it much more difficult for the media to imply no one knows what is in the product. Also it would clear up any lingering questions in parents and/or loved ones' heads about what we are taking. Also it would give little ground for people to stand on if they try to say "Oh I thought (insert designer steriod here) was in my Creatine."

I should add that randomized batch testing would help as well. But I think some or most companies are doing this already.

Also I don't think any of this should be government enforced, rather privatized. I don't trust the Federal Government one solitary bit.

19. Quote Originally Posted by WhenAllFails View Post
    I never meant for my post to imply any attempt at policing the industry. My opinion is that if these studies/information was made available it would make it much more difficult for the media to imply no one knows what is in the product. Also it would clear up any lingering questions in parents and/or loved ones' heads about what we are taking. Also it would give little ground for people to stand on if they try to say "Oh I thought (insert designer steriod here) was in my Creatine."

I concur. Very Good.

And great signature quote by the way.

20. The new FDA regs should really help with the ingredients being IN the products, they have GMP coming up along with the new regs that require testing of many kinds and samples to be done.

21. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    The new FDA regs should really help with the ingredients being IN the products, they have GMP coming up along with the new regs that require testing of many kinds and samples to be done.
    the FDA scares me...I don't think they'd do our industry or sport (whichever) any benefit. They look at our kind sort of like a stain from what I can tell. Seeing as how they go on Doc recommendations of one gram of protein per kilo and such. We'd have to place our industry separate, at least in supplementation. Keep their dirty fingers out so we can keep supplement costs from rising too much. Plus they'd (the FDA) mark everything from creatine to Melatonin as an Anabolic Steroid or HGH precursor.

22. You know, we have had many dealings with the FDA (as you probably are aware) and honestly, they are decent, hard working people that do their best in a very overwhelming job. They leave supplements alone unless someone in congress gets a bug up their ass from one of the lobbying firms like the whole sports lobby for Balco. If we had our own lobby, they could be educated on sports supplements. They are much more hands off than other countries and from what I can tell easier to work with...

23. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    You know, we have had many dealings with the FDA (as you probably are aware) and honestly, they are decent, hard working people that do their best in a very overwhelming job. They leave supplements alone unless someone in congress gets a bug up their ass from one of the lobbying firms like the whole sports lobby for Balco. If we had our own lobby, they could be educated on sports supplements. They are much more hands off than other countries and from what I can tell easier to work with...
    finally a drop of good news when it comes to feds. If there's anything or anyone I can contact in North Carolina. Please feel free to let me know. If i'm not mistaken ISS is based out of North Carolina...

24. The situation is very hopeful if we have proper representation. The way the ban of 2004 was handled has taught me a lot. Politicians only care about politics and the politics of sports doping is real with a huge amount of money that goes unopposed. Most congress people don't understand the differences between an person and an athlete. They are trying to go after GH now, which is amazing to me since it is such a small thing compared to heroin and meth. It is such a non-important issue though that a 20k lobbiest would make a huge difference.

25. Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    The situation is very hopeful if we have proper representation. The way the ban of 2004 was handled has taught me a lot. Politicians only care about politics and the politics of sports doping is real with a huge amount of money that goes unopposed. Most congress people don't understand the differences between an person and an athlete. They are trying to go after GH now, which is amazing to me since it is such a small thing compared to heroin and meth. It is such a non-important issue though that a 20k lobbiest would make a huge difference.
    from the way he talks we could probably (if this grew sizeably) get Stallone on our bandwagon. He seems the most open celebrity when it comes to supplementation and Growth Hormone. I know that's pipe dreaming but having that kind of power on our side would be dramatically beneficial

26. Rambo...on OUR side. We're saved.

27. Quote Originally Posted by SFRANGER View Post
    Rambo...on OUR side. We're saved.
    I second this. Sly would be a great personality to have representing a group like this in the media. Maybe the Arnold as well after he ends his run as head of California? The main thing is to get not only get known people, but also to get people who are at least somewhat knowledgeable about the supplements in general.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off to get my B-15 shot and lift heavy things.
    WHITE WHALE!

28. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I second this. Sly would be a great personality to have representing a group like this in the media. Maybe the Arnold as well after he ends his run as head of California? The main thing is to get not only get known people, but also to get people who are at least somewhat knowledgeable about the supplements in general.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off to get my B-15 shot and lift heavy things.
    That would be awesome!

29. so what is happening with this?

after the FDA gang band, i figured this would be a high priority. anyone know the first step that needs to be taken?

i'm tire of my supplements getting pulled off the shelves, so to speak.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Starting an albuterol log
    By NYhomeboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 12:08 AM
  2. If live in an Islamic country do NOT steal bread
    By CROWLER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 03:11 AM
  3. About to start an IGF-1 cycle...
    By joetrisman in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2