If we started an association - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

If we started an association

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

The new FDA regs should really help with the ingredients being IN the products, they have GMP coming up along with the new regs that require testing of many kinds and samples to be done.

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    The new FDA regs should really help with the ingredients being IN the products, they have GMP coming up along with the new regs that require testing of many kinds and samples to be done.
    the FDA scares me...I don't think they'd do our industry or sport (whichever) any benefit. They look at our kind sort of like a stain from what I can tell. Seeing as how they go on Doc recommendations of one gram of protein per kilo and such. We'd have to place our industry separate, at least in supplementation. Keep their dirty fingers out so we can keep supplement costs from rising too much. Plus they'd (the FDA) mark everything from creatine to Melatonin as an Anabolic Steroid or HGH precursor.
  3. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

You know, we have had many dealings with the FDA (as you probably are aware) and honestly, they are decent, hard working people that do their best in a very overwhelming job. They leave supplements alone unless someone in congress gets a bug up their ass from one of the lobbying firms like the whole sports lobby for Balco. If we had our own lobby, they could be educated on sports supplements. They are much more hands off than other countries and from what I can tell easier to work with...
    •   

4. New Member

You know, we have had many dealings with the FDA (as you probably are aware) and honestly, they are decent, hard working people that do their best in a very overwhelming job. They leave supplements alone unless someone in congress gets a bug up their ass from one of the lobbying firms like the whole sports lobby for Balco. If we had our own lobby, they could be educated on sports supplements. They are much more hands off than other countries and from what I can tell easier to work with...
    finally a drop of good news when it comes to feds. If there's anything or anyone I can contact in North Carolina. Please feel free to let me know. If i'm not mistaken ISS is based out of North Carolina...
  5. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

The situation is very hopeful if we have proper representation. The way the ban of 2004 was handled has taught me a lot. Politicians only care about politics and the politics of sports doping is real with a huge amount of money that goes unopposed. Most congress people don't understand the differences between an person and an athlete. They are trying to go after GH now, which is amazing to me since it is such a small thing compared to heroin and meth. It is such a non-important issue though that a 20k lobbiest would make a huge difference.
  6. New Member

The situation is very hopeful if we have proper representation. The way the ban of 2004 was handled has taught me a lot. Politicians only care about politics and the politics of sports doping is real with a huge amount of money that goes unopposed. Most congress people don't understand the differences between an person and an athlete. They are trying to go after GH now, which is amazing to me since it is such a small thing compared to heroin and meth. It is such a non-important issue though that a 20k lobbiest would make a huge difference.
    from the way he talks we could probably (if this grew sizeably) get Stallone on our bandwagon. He seems the most open celebrity when it comes to supplementation and Growth Hormone. I know that's pipe dreaming but having that kind of power on our side would be dramatically beneficial
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Rambo...on OUR side. We're saved.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SFRANGER View Post
    Rambo...on OUR side. We're saved.
    I second this. Sly would be a great personality to have representing a group like this in the media. Maybe the Arnold as well after he ends his run as head of California? The main thing is to get not only get known people, but also to get people who are at least somewhat knowledgeable about the supplements in general.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off to get my B-15 shot and lift heavy things.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  9. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I second this. Sly would be a great personality to have representing a group like this in the media. Maybe the Arnold as well after he ends his run as head of California? The main thing is to get not only get known people, but also to get people who are at least somewhat knowledgeable about the supplements in general.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off to get my B-15 shot and lift heavy things.
    That would be awesome!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  231 lbs.

so what is happening with this?

after the FDA gang band, i figured this would be a high priority. anyone know the first step that needs to be taken?

i'm tire of my supplements getting pulled off the shelves, so to speak.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

this is a very interesting idea and could work. might be a good idea to start with developing a certain amount of people to begin the initial organizing of this. find say....... a dozen people in the industry (who don't have their heads in their ass) and put this together. it's going to take a bit of time to hash out all the details and ideas but WTF theres enough of us to get this going. the main idea should be information, informing the uneducated about the pros and cons of what we do, one problem is that i can go into an on-line store, buy a SD clone, take it for 2 months at whatever kind of doses i want to, do nothing for PCT, really f-up my self and turn around and point the figure at YOU the supplement company, and that sucks, but WTF I'm not informed, right? everyone knows that if i take a bottle of aspirin at one time I'm going to have problems right? well why? it's because that's what i was informed. so i don't do that, and I'm fine in that regard. doing something similar of course would benefit that industry, consumer and health care professionals at large. And please don't give me that crap "well the person should have looked into what they were going to take" crap...because simply put, the masses are asses. (oh and i would not be a good canidate for being one of the dozen or so people needed to get this thing off the ground, but i am a good worker bee)
    Last edited by lennoxchi; 04-19-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling-i english speak good
  12. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation

AX is interested. I think it has serious potential!
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

I would love for IBE to get on board as well. I should talk to Lakemountd etc.

We need to act before they take away formestane from us too
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

Please let all of the supp companies on here know, if they don't already. Spread the word and let's make something good come of this!
  15. O.G. Appnut

Reputation Reputation

I'll forward this along to Donorrell to checkout.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention Neo!
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  16. Doctor Science

This does sound very interesting.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

Seriously, they will take everything except prescriptions away from us, if we allow it......honestly!

I would really like to be a part of this movement. Someone guide me and I'll start lighting fires!!!
  18. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    Seriously, they will take everything except prescriptions away from us, if we allow it......honestly!

I would really like to be a part of this movement. Someone guide me and I'll start lighting fires!!!
    Elbow deep inside the borderline.
    Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
    Shoulder deep within the borderline.
    Relax. turn around and take my hand.

Oh wait... not how you wished to be guided.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Elbow deep inside the borderline.
    Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
    Shoulder deep within the borderline.
    Relax. turn around and take my hand.

Oh wait... not how you wished to be guided.

Adams

Stay on target!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

DAdams! Quit listening to so much Tool! I want my freedom! Just tell me what I can do to help peoples!
  21. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    DAdams! Quit listening to so much Tool! I want my freedom! Just tell me what I can do to help peoples!
    I was hoping everyone got that... if not, I would look like some kinda tool (ZING).

Personally I write my congressman when I have issues. Did that with Ephedra, and the andro ban. Actually got positive responses from both.

There used to be a lobby association setup by McCandles, guess that didnt go very far though... I never heard much from them. Maybe ask him how he got things rolling though. Just a start.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  22. IBE
    Board Sponsor

count IBE in
  23. Doctor Science

Quote Originally Posted by IBE View Post
    count IBE in
    Told ya we would be in LG .
  24. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD View Post
    Told ya we would be in LG .

Sounds great! To have AX and IBE in along with Possibly AN, thatd be great!!!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  25. IBE
    Board Sponsor

when are we gonna get started
  26. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

when are we gonna get started
    As soon as i get some of your guys new product! jk jk!!

Im curious too, I know E's gotta be excited about this, i know i am! Lets get this ish poppin'!!!
  27. Doctor Science

PS- After reading through this it sort of feels like Lord of the Rings! I call Froto! Neo can be the fruitcake elf with the bow haha .
  28. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

PS- After reading through this it sort of feels like Lord of the Rings! I call Froto! Neo can be the fruitcake elf with the bow haha .
    Ill be the fat one since im fat right now.. :donut:
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Lol who's the dark Lord?
  30. Registered User

Add me to the list of interested people. Please keep me posted.

Thank you...

Would you join?

This association would provide for it's members:

1) Hopefully reduced health care for both supplement company owners and individuals that wish to opt in...low cost health care is something everyone should have and I beleive that we could get an association together that would give it's members access to reduced healthcare for those that wish to buy it (there is strength in numbers for buying health care)

2) A lobby to provide a counter to all of the mis-information that is thrown towards sports supplements AND things like steroids. I don't support full legalization (mainly cuz it won't happen) but de-criminalization is certainly a good thing. Someone doing juice isn't anywhere near the cocaine and heroin addict and should be treated differently.

Just a thought...ideas?
  31. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    Lol who's the dark Lord?

Well i have really seen all of the Lord of the Rings but if the Dark Lord is indeed a bad person , im sure we can put 2 n 2 togethor here!
  32. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Well i have really seen all of the Lord of the Rings but if the Dark Lord is indeed a bad person , im sure we can put 2 n 2 togethor here!
    If you break out your wizard hat, staff, and acne, I'm outta here.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

But.....but I wanna be tigger!

34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

count IBE in

Please update the first post with a list of companies joining. This will help keep it organized.

1. AX
    2. AN
    3. IBE
    4?

Where's AI?? hmmm Crowlerrrrrrrrrrrr???
  35. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    If you break out your wizard hat, staff, and acne, I'm outta here.

Adams

36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Lol Neo. I take back what I said in MST's thread about you being public speaker for the association. Lmao.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I put on my robe and wizard's hat.

I have nothing to contribute but an additional voice but I am still all for this.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I like my supps.... Count me in.
  39. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

perfect

Would you join?

This association would provide for it's members:

1) Hopefully reduced health care for both supplement company owners and individuals that wish to opt in...low cost health care is something everyone should have and I beleive that we could get an association together that would give it's members access to reduced healthcare for those that wish to buy it (there is strength in numbers for buying health care)

2) A lobby to provide a counter to all of the mis-information that is thrown towards sports supplements AND things like steroids. I don't support full legalization (mainly cuz it won't happen) but de-criminalization is certainly a good thing. Someone doing juice isn't anywhere near the cocaine and heroin addict and should be treated differently.

Just a thought...ideas?
    I think a organization seperate from Pro sports is the answer.Freedom,safe and leave the feds outta the loop.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

This is a great idea, especailly since the DEA is about to ban Phera,Bold,Trena

Similar Forum Threads

1. Starting an albuterol log
    By NYhomeboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 11:08 PM
  2. If live in an Islamic country do NOT steal bread
    By CROWLER in forum General Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 02:11 AM
  3. About to start an IGF-1 cycle...
    By joetrisman in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2