What M1D is and isn't...the science behind it

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok, Methyl 1-D is always being questioned, so I thought I would write a quick explanation on the science behind it and why the knock off products are no where near as good. You can get an idea of the time spent on the product.

Methyl 1-D isn't just DHEA, we use a DHEA Ethanoate Ester. Ethanoate Esters help improve functional absorbtion while (my theory) blocking some of the effects of Sulfotransferase. Sufation is the main way Androsterones get inactivated in the body and the Ethanoate Ester occupies the same spot as the Sufate, so in theory it should increase the bioavailability of the molecule. Sulfation is the main reason you need to take a thousand milligrams of a diol to make it effective. Blocking Sulfation was started in this industry by US!

Ingredient # 1 - ATD
ATD blocks aromatase and keeps more of the conversion process in check, so more DHEA is available to convert into Testosterone.

Ingredient # 2 - Ellagic Acid
A natural SERM derivied from raspberries. Ellagic Acid would serve to block any intrinsic estrogenic effects of the 5-ENE molecule.

Ingredient # 3 - Milk Thistle
Milk Thistle isn't just for livers, it blocks the second big route of excretion, Glucoronidation. The standardized Milk Thistle we use, inhibits Glucoronidase.

Ingredient # 4 - Luteolin
Luteolin is a Sulfotransferase competitive inhibitor. Meaning it soaks up the Sulfotransferase enzyme so it can't act on the hormone. A HUGE percent of 3b-ol steroids get sulfated, which makes them inactive. Luteolin is a strong binder to Sulfotransferase, much stronger than a prohormone.

Ingredient # 5 - Stinging Nettle Extract
We all know that this blocks SHBG, freeing up more testosterone, but the full plant extract is also a 5aReductase inhibitor, which means less converstion to DHT and much higher androgen levels.

Ingredient # 6 - Coleus Forskolin
CF upregulates 3bHSD, the enzyme responsible for converting the 3b-ol to the active. Since the gut contains a boat load of 17bHSD much of the oral hormone is turned into 5-AD, which if you block the estrogenic effects (which we have) is pretty potent.

Ingredient # 7 - Caprylic Acid
This is one half of Receptor, which makes the cells more sensitive to androgens.

Ingredient # 8 - Zinc Aspertate
The Z in ZMA is what does all the work. Zinc increases the effeciency of the Androgen receptor fingers.

Ingredient # 9 - Piperine
Piperine increases absorbtion by blocking Glucoronidase as well as increasing intestinal permeability.

So, when someone says "M1D is ****, it's just DHEA" post them this write up please...

Honestly, all hormones (except the 17aMethyl) could benefit from our delivery methods (patent pending). Making the stuff you have work better is what we are all about. We are not perfect, but as you can see I am quite proud of Methyl 1-D!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great Post! You know i learned a ton about this the other night and was very excited once i was informed!

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Does sound better than I first thought.:study::twisted:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does sound better than I first thought.:study::twisted:
It really is a great and well-thought out product. Just like all of our products seem to be when you look a little bit closer then just the label. I look forward to trying it.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It really is a great and well-thought out product. Just like all of our products seem to be when you look a little bit closer then just the label. I look forward to trying it.
So do I!

Big Dane

Big Dane

Awards
Does "making the stuff you have work better" mean to stack this with something else, like H-Dol or M-Drol perhaps? Making that compound more effective?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does "making the stuff you have work better" mean to stack this with something else, like H-Dol or M-Drol perhaps? Making that compound more effective?

Not at all. It just means we are making sure you are getting what you paid for in the sense that were trying to make sure what you ingest is bein fully used in the body. Im sure though if you stacked it with something like h-drol or m-drol ( altho those are methyl and dont get much better then that ) it may help increase absorbtion a tad. Its really used for non-methyl compounds.

AZZA

AZZA

Banned
Awards
I liked my gains while on Methyl 1-D, use it and try it out.
AZZA

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not at all. It just means we are making sure you are getting what you paid for in the sense that were trying to make sure what you ingest is bein fully used in the body. Im sure though if you stacked it with something like h-drol or m-drol ( altho those are methyl and dont get much better then that ) it may help increase absorbtion a tad. Its really used for non-methyl compounds.
This is true. It is not uncommon to see non methylated compounds stacked with a methylated compound to increase potential gains.

steezy69

Awards
Just bought some methyl 1 d. i have used the old massdrol and trenadrol before and hoping i can get good gains on the m1d since i have used prohormones n the past. just tryin to c if i should stack it . thanx

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Just bought some methyl 1 d. i have used the old massdrol and trenadrol before and hoping i can get good gains on the m1d since i have used prohormones n the past. just tryin to c if i should stack it . thanx
What you looking to stack it with man?

zb126

Awards
  • Established
excellent post, will be using this info in the future when I try to explain it to friends!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Terrific thread. M1D has been far and away my favorite LG supplement. PH like gains without the PH like sides is what Ive experienced bottle after bottle.

Fresprt

Awards
" Ingredient # 8 - Zinc Aspertate
The Z in ZMA is what does all the work. Zinc increases the effeciency of the Androgen receptor fingers. "

Interesting, but it is unfortunate that zinc aspartate has been chosen. Aspartates causes excitotoxicity. So, I will not use this product given the harmful effects of the present formula.

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
Zinc Aspartate is simple zinc chelated, or bound to, L-aspartic acid. I hope you realize that protein contains L-aspartic acid. Including whey, casein, pea, chicken, beef, eggs well all of them. Some of the functions of L-aspartic acid include:Aspartic Acid
Helps convert carbohydrates into muscle energy
Builds immune system immunoglobulins and antibodies
Reduces ammonia levels after exercises

So ya way to play it safe just make sure to avoid all sources of protein.:biggthumpup:

Fresprt

Awards
Play it safe, and do some simple research on excitotoxins.

Aspartates cause excitotoxicity. Not L-aspartic acid. There is a difference between the two.

Or for more in depth reading: " Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills "

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
I know what you are referring to but zinc aspartate is simply zinc bound to L-aspartic acid, the same L-aspartic acid that you find in protein.

Fresprt

Awards
Correct: " Zinc aspartate is simply zinc bound to L-aspartic acid, "

Incorrect: " the same L-aspartic acid that you find in protein. "

Correct: Aspartates cause excitotoxicity.

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Play it safe, and do some simple research on excitotoxins.

Aspartates cause excitotoxicity. Not L-aspartic acid. There is a difference between the two.

Or for more in depth reading: " Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills "
Correct: " Zinc aspartate is simply zinc bound to L-aspartic acid, "

Incorrect: " the same L-aspartic acid that you find in protein. "

Correct: Aspartates cause excitotoxicity.
You contradicted yourself? You just said L-Aspartic does not cause excitotoxicity. So how does this formula's zinc aspartate cause harm if the zinc is bonded to L-Aspartic acid, which you just said does not cause excitotoxicity

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
Please explain how the L-aspartic acid that is in protein is different from the L-aspartic acid in zinc aspartate. Zinc aspartate is NOT aspartame. If you do not feel comfortable taking zinc aspartate, while I feel it is safe, I respect your right to choose what you do or do not ingest.

Here is a link to some more info on ZA:
http://www.mineralsinc.com/WriteUp/ZincAspartate_w.htm

DiabeticLiftr

DiabeticLiftr

Awards
Think big picture. The amount of zinc aspartate involved here is negligible.

Fresprt

Awards
How Aspartate (and Glutamate) Cause Damage

Please explain how the L-aspartic acid that is in protein is different from the L-aspartic acid in zinc aspartate.
Dr. Joseph Mercola:

Aspartate and glutamate act as neurotransmitters in the brain by facilitating the transmission of information from neuron to neuron. Too much aspartate or glutamate in the brain kills certain neurons by allowing the influx of too much calcium into the cells. This influx triggers excessive amounts of free radicals, which kill the cells. The neural cell damage that can be caused by excessive aspartate and glutamate is why they are referred to as "excitotoxins." They "excite" or stimulate the neural cells to death.

The excess glutamate and aspartate slowly begin to destroy neurons. The large majority (75 percent or more) of neural cells in a particular area of the brain are killed before any clinical symptoms of a chronic illness are noticed. A few of the many chronic illnesses that have been shown to be contributed to by long-term exposure to excitatory amino acid damage include:

Multiple sclerosis (MS)
Parkinson's disease
ALS
Hypoglycemia
Memory loss
AIDS
Hormonal problems
Dementia
Epilepsy
Brain lesions
Alzheimer's disease
Neuroendocrine disorders

A few of the many experts who have spoken out against the damage being caused by aspartate and glutamate include Adrienne Samuels, Ph.D., an experimental psychologist specializing in research design. Another is Olney, a professor in the department of psychiatry, School of Medicine, Washington University, a neuroscientist and researcher, and one of the world's foremost authorities on excitotoxins. (He informed G.D. Searle, [the manufacturer of aspartame] in 1971 that aspartic acid caused holes in the brains of mice.)

Dr. Joseph Mercola is an osteopathic physician and a prolific author including two New York Times Bestsellers, The Great Bird Flu Hoax and The No-Grain Diet. He has been interviewed on national and local news, including:
Today Show, CNN, ABC's World News Tonight, The Dr. Oz Show, The Doctors, CBS, NBC and ABC local news shows, Time Magazine, Forbes Magazine, Dozens of Nationally Broadcast Radio Shows

mercola.com/forms/background.htm

Note: Regarding "holes in the brains of mice" referenced above. Humans are 5X more sensitive to excitotoxins than a mouse.

Source - Video lecture by Dr. Russell Blaylock: Excitotoxins - The Taste That Kills (Posted July 11, 2011)
youtube.com/watch?v=tTSvlGniHok

Russell L. Baylock board certified neurosurgeon, author, lecturer and educator
russellblaylockmd.com

Zinc aspartate is NOT aspartame.
Using a modest amount of 15 mg. zinc aspartate for comparison

Zinc aspartate is formed with 85% L-aspartic acid
85 mg. L-aspartic acid is reacted to
15 mg. elemental zinc

versus

12 oz. diet coke

Aspartame is formed with 40% L-aspartic acid
90 mg. L-phenylalanine is reacted with
72 mg. L-aspartic acid and
18 mg. methanol

Fresprt

Awards
Think big picture. The amount of zinc aspartate involved here is negligible.
Hmm, okay please tell us the exact "amount of zinc aspartate involved here," what amount of excitotoxins you consider "negligible" and why.

“Think big picture.”

Yes, it is call science. Neurology and toxicology.

Aspartates are dangerous toxins that cause brain damage and disease. One example is Alzheimer’s Disease.

“The most common thought of the ideology [for the cause of Alzheimer’s Disease] is excessive excitotoxicity in the brain”

Source - Video lecture by Dr. Russell Blaylock: Excitotoxins - The Taste That Kills (Posted July 11, 2011)
youtube.com/watch?v=tTSvlGniHok

Russell L. Baylock board certified neurosurgeon, author, lecturer and educator
russellblaylockmd.com

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
Whey protein has about 12.5g of aspartic acid per 100 grams. 12.5g is 12500mg of aspartic acid, that is far far far more than the amount you receive from zinc aspartate. I already stated that I respect your right to choose not to ingest this supplement so please take your l-aspartic crusade elsewhere. Thank you.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
God seriously why goes it even matter? If you don't like the supplement don't take it. There are worse things for you in the air and food you probably consume everyday

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
Thank you. As I have pointed out there is a TON more l-aspartic acid in every protein source we consume that worrying about mg quantities in a zinc chelate is not worth the stress. To each there own I suppose.

Fresprt

Awards
Whey protein has about 12.5g of aspartic acid per 100 grams. 12.5g is 12500mg of aspartic acid, that is far far far more than the amount you receive from zinc aspartate. I already stated that I respect your right to choose not to ingest this supplement so please take your l-aspartic crusade elsewhere. Thank you.
In responding to your previous comments I have merely presented the statements by eminent physicians on the established scientific fact that aspartates are dangerous neurotoxins such as the zinc aspartate contained in M1D.

Your position appears to deviate and focus on aspartic acid instead of aspartate. The two are not the same and zinc aspartate is an ingredient of in M1D as stated on the product label.

Dr. Joseph Mercola, a prominent osteopathic physician and author

“Aspartate and glutamate act as neurotransmitters in the brain”

“Too much aspartate or glutamate in the brain kills certain neurons by allowing the influx of too much calcium into the cells.”

Therefore, it is a relevant discussion.

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
In responding to your previous comments I have merely presented the statements by eminent physicians on the established scientific facts that aspartates are dangerous neurotoxins such as the zinc aspartate contained in M1D.

Your position seems to focus on aspartic acid instead of aspartate. The two are not the same and zinc aspartate is an ingredient of in M1D as stated on the product label.

"Aspartate and glutamate act as neurotransmitters in the brain"

"Too much aspartate or glutamate in the brain kills certain neurons by allowing the influx of too much calcium into the cells."

Therefore it is a relevant discussion.
You do know Aspartic Acid and Aspartate are the same exact compound, just different chemical nomenclature

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
You do know Aspartic Acid and Aspartate are the same exact compound, just different chemical nomenclature
I have tried to be patient with this but he just does not get it. Fresprt I get it you are not in favor of this ingredient, so just don't take it and please stop posting in this thread.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I have tried to be patient with this but he just does not get it. Fresprt I get it you are not in favor of this ingredient, so just don't take it and please stop posting in this thread.
Lol I can't believe this debate is still going on

Fresprt

Awards
A false assertion easily refuted with a basic understanding of chemistry or by individuals willing to do a modicum research.

When aspartic acid is joined with zinc the acid is neutralized and a new molecule is formed.

Molecular formulas:

1) Aspartic acid

C4 H7 NO4

2) Zinc aspartate

C8 H12 N2 O8 Zn

The carboxylate anion, salt, or ester of aspartic acid is known as aspartate.

A molecule of sodium chloride, common table salt is formed from two different component molecules, sodium and chloride.
This simple example applies for zinc aspartate.

Zinc aspartate is a salt.

In chemistry, salts are ionic compounds that can result from the neutralization reaction of an acid and a base. They are composed of related numbers of cations (positively charged ions) and anions (negative ions) so that the product is electrically neutral (without a net charge). These component ions can be inorganic such as chloride (Cl−), as well as organic such as acetate (C2H3O2−) and monatomic ions such as fluoride (F−), as well as polyatomic ions such as sulfate (SO42−).

Suffix ate:

-ate 2
suffix
1. A derivative of a specified chemical compound or element: aluminate.
2. A salt or ester of a specified acid whose name ends in -ic: acetate.

[Ultimately from Latin - tus, past participle suff. of verbs in - re.]

> Aspartate is a major excitotoxin. L-Aspartate has long been proven to obliterate neurons at N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors.

Fresprt

Awards
It is unfortunate that an open, frank, factual discussions on the dangers of excitotoxicity causes you frustration. Perhaps if the product ingredients were changed to include a non-toxic form of zinc you might have less distress.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
It is unfortunate that an open, frank, factual discussions on the dangers of excitotoxicity causes you frustration. Perhaps if the product ingredients were changed to include a non-toxic form of zinc you might have less distress.
Are you trying to help or are you just being a jacka$$? because something tells me that you just got fired from your job and you have way to much time on your hands.

Fresprt

Awards
Are you trying to help or are you just being a jacka$$? because something tells me that you just got fired from your job and you have way to much time on your hands.
Although your use of profanity is formed in a question, reverting to the use profanity and name calling are a sure indication of a person with a weak platform to debate the topic intelligently.

Unlike your comparative swift response, my previous post was three week ago… If you had bothered to notice details before you typed your statement.

Do you have anything academic to contribute to this discussion on aspartate or are frivolous personal attacks the best you can do ?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Although your use of profanity is formed in a question, reverting the use profanity and name calling are a sure indication of a person with a weak platform to debate the topic intelligently.

Unlike your comparative swift response, my previous post was three week ago… If you had bothered to notice details before you typed your statement.

Do you have anything academic to contribute to this discussion on aspartate or are frivolous personal attacks the best you can do ?
Blah blah blah big words big words pretentions a$$beating a dead horse. are you done?
What I see there Mr. Academic is a guy who obviously has a hard on for LG Sciences, a company who makes quality products and has been doing so for years.
I may not have a degree in chemistry but I am smart enough to realize when some one is trying to have an intelligent conversation vs being an ASSpartate <-- you see what I did there ;)

And I realise that your original post was three weeks ago but what caused me to chime in was your need to come back three weeks later and continue to try and slam home your argument

DiabeticLiftr

DiabeticLiftr

Awards
I was going to let this go, but since you keep coming back for more and enjoy linking to things without tying them together, I will make this so you can understand it. I had a lengthy post ready with citations and everything, but to not seem too rude, I'll just post these.

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/mercola.html
http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/ct-met-fda-warns-mercola-20110425,0,7369962.story
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/9-reasons-to-completely-ignore-joseph-mercola-and-natural-news/

In short, your source of information is laughable and ranks up there with people taking advice from Dr. Oz about weight lifting supplements. Mercola is a snake oil salesmen and can hardly be called a doctor, and he should not hold a license. Countless physicians prescribe zinc aspartate for many of the illnesses you listed and at much greater quantities than the 10mg listed on the M1D label.

Fresprt

Awards
In short, your source of information is laughable and ranks up there with people taking advice from Dr. Oz about weight lifting supplements. Mercola is a snake oil salesmen and can hardly be called a doctor, and he should not hold a license. Countless physicians prescribe zinc aspartate for many of the illnesses you listed and at much greater quantities than the 10mg listed on the M1D label.
“Mercola is a snake oil salesmen and can hardly be called a doctor,”

Dr. Joseph Mercola
Education:
• University of Illinois at Chicago – (UIC) 1972-1976
• Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine 1978-1982
• Chicago Osteopathic Hospital 1982-1985 Family Practice Residency. Chief resident 1984-1985
• Board Certified American College Osteopathic General Practitioners July 1985
• State of Illinois Licensed Physician and Surgeon

“and he should not hold a license.”

I am unimpressed by simply pasting hyperlinks as you have done and I find nothing in particular among those hyperlinks that impresses me.

“In short, your source of information is laughable”

Conversely Dr. Mercola is continually in the habit of referencing his articles and books with scientific data from eminent researchers as demonstrated in the previous post that you mentioned. The post contains and small excerpt from his article "Aspartame: By Far the Most Dangerous Substance Added to Most Foods Today". The following paragraph is from my post on 12-12-2013, "How Aspartate (and Glutamate) Cause Damage", that quotes Dr. Mercola.

“A few of the many experts who have spoken out against the damage being caused by aspartate and glutamate include Adrienne Samuels, Ph.D., an experimental psychologist specializing in research design. Another is Olney, a professor in the department of psychiatry, School of Medicine, Washington University, a neuroscientist and researcher, and one of the world's foremost authorities on excitotoxins. (He informed G.D. Searle, [the manufacturer of aspartame] in 1971 that aspartic acid caused holes in the brains of mice.)”

In addition to Dr. Joseph Mercola I also referenced Dr. Russell L. Baylock board certified neurosurgeon, author, lecturer and educator.
Dr. Russell L. Baylock
russellblaylockmd.com
Dr. Joseph Mercola
mercola.com/forms/background.htm

“Countless physicians prescribe zinc aspartate for many of the illnesses you listed and at much greater quantities than the 10mg listed on the M1D label.”

Your statement is presented without merit. The science is sound. Aspartate is a major excitotoxin. L-Aspartate has long been proven to obliterate neurons at N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors.

It is unfortunate that you feel the need to attack this good man and good American who is now retired from active practice after many years in an honorable and admirable career as a healer. Your desperate attempt to discredit the good doctor serves as a distraction from the topic at hand. I am not dissuaded by your attempt to attack the messenger instead of the addressing the message and science on the subject of excitotoxicity.

DiabeticLiftr

DiabeticLiftr

Awards
"Conversely Dr. Mercola is continually in the habit of referencing his articles and books with scientific data from eminent researchers as demonstrated in the previous post that you mentioned. The post contains and small excerpt from his article "Aspartame: By Far the Most Dangerous Substance Added to Most Foods Today". The following paragraph is from my post on 12-12-2013, "How Aspartate (and Glutamate) Cause Damage", that quotes Dr. Mercola."

Boo!

Aspartame is not zinc aspartate

"In addition to Dr. Joseph Mercola I also referenced Dr. Russell L. Baylock board certified neurosurgeon, author, lecturer and educator."
http://www.skepdic.com/blaylock.html

Boo!

1) Skeptical retirement
2) The link above shows studies to discredit the majority of his statements
3) He and Mercola both say not to get vaccinated against H1N1 because it's not dangerous......and you still believe them?

"Your statement is presented without merit. The science is sound. Aspartate is a major excitotoxin. L-Aspartate has long been proven to obliterate neurons at N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors."
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/advanced-research-nutrient-carriers-zinc-aspartate-100-tabs
Boo!

Formulated at 40mg by Hans A. Nieper, M.D, who was much more renowned for his work with MS and cancer

Just accept that you were wrong by listening to something on TV and learn from you mistakes.

Fresprt

Awards
This is best you have to offer to affirm your position that aspartate is safe…
Five divergent sentences and two irrelevant hyperlinks.

“Aspartame is not zinc aspartate”
Which I already clarified in the post of 12-12-2013

“Skeptical retirement”
Dr. Mercola has retired from clinical practice.

“Formulated at 40mg by Hans A. Nieper, M.D, who was much more renowned for his work with MS and cancer”
Hans Nieper is not an authority on excitotoxicity and has not published any papers on the subject.

“The link above shows studies to discredit the majority of his statements”
False. It does not.
An anonymous author with no credentials who is a self-appointed medical authority on Dr. Russell L. Baylock
The text contains many erroneous hyperlinks that discredit the article and there are zero citations of Dr. Baylock’s scholarly works.

“He and Mercola both say not to get vaccinated against H1N1 because it's not dangerous......and you still believe them?”
And with good reason…

Dr. Mercola:
The Canadian press recently broke the story that new research confirms initial findings that the flu vaccine appeared to actually increase people's risk of getting sick with H1N1, and cause more serious bouts of illness to boot.

According to the Vancouver Sun:

“Researchers, led by Vancouver's Dr. Danuta Skowronski, an influenza expert at the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, noticed in the early weeks of the [2009 H1N1] pandemic that people who got a flu shot for the 2008-09 winter seemed to be more likely to get infected with the pandemic virus than people who hadn't received a flu shot. Five studies done in several provinces showed the same unsettling results.”

Full Article
Confirmed! Flu Vaccine INCREASES Risk of Serious Pandemic Flu Illness
September 18, 2012
mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/09/18/flu-shot-increases-flu-illness.aspx

You keep coming back for more and enjoy linking to things without tying them together
Seems like an accurate description of your posts

Fresprt

Awards
Aspartate Induced Brain Damage

1) Glutamate and aspartate impair memory retention and damage hypothalamic neurons in adult mice.
Toxicology Letters, 2000 May 19;115(2):117-25.

We examined the effects of systemic administration of monosodium glutamate (MSG) or aspartate (ASP) on the memory retention and neuronal damage in the brains of adult mice. Compared with the control mice, a single intraperitoneal injection of either 4.0 mg/g MSG or 0.5 mg/g ASP after acquisition trial significantly shortened the response latency in the passive avoidance test, accompanying by the transient weight loss. Histopathological analysis of the brains of these mice revealed that neurons in the arcuate nucleus of hypothalamus were damaged markedly by MSG (4.0 mg/g) or ASP (0.5 mg/g). Other brain areas including cerebral cortex and hippocampus did not show any pathological changes. These findings suggest that systemic administration of MSG or ASP could impair memory retention and damage hypothalamic neurons in adult mice.

2) Glutamate-type hypothalamic-pituitary syndrome in mice treated with aspartate or cysteate in infancy
Journal of Neural Transmission
Volume 35, Issue 3, pp 207-215, 1974

Monosodium L-glutamate (MSG), a neuroexcitatory amino acid is known to destroy hypothalamic (arcuate nucleus) neurons and give rise to subsequent obesity, skeletal stunting and reduced mass of pituitaries, ovaries and testes when administered subcutaneously to infant rodents. Here it is demonstrated that the same hypothalamic lesion and syndrome of neuroendocrine manifestations occurs following treatment of infant mice with either of two other neuroexcitatory amino acids (L-cysteic or L-aspartic acids) which destroy arcuate neurons but not from a structurally related amino acid (DL-α-aminoadipic acid) which lacks neuroexcitatory properties and spares arcuate neurons.

3) Brain Damage in Infant Mice following Oral Intake of Glutamate, Aspartate or Cysteine
Nature Vol. 227, 8 August 1970
nature.com/nature/journal/v227/n5258/pdf/227609b0.pdf

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

1) Glutamate and aspartate impair memory retention and damage hypothalamic neurons in adult mice.
Toxicology Letters, 2000 May 19;115(2):117-25.

We examined the effects of systemic administration of monosodium glutamate (MSG) or aspartate (ASP) on the memory retention and neuronal damage in the brains of adult mice. Compared with the control mice, a single intraperitoneal injection of either 4.0 mg/g MSG or 0.5 mg/g ASP after acquisition trial significantly shortened the response latency in the passive avoidance test, accompanying by the transient weight loss. Histopathological analysis of the brains of these mice revealed that neurons in the arcuate nucleus of hypothalamus were damaged markedly by MSG (4.0 mg/g) or ASP (0.5 mg/g). Other brain areas including cerebral cortex and hippocampus did not show any pathological changes. These findings suggest that systemic administration of MSG or ASP could impair memory retention and damage hypothalamic neurons in adult mice.

2) Glutamate-type hypothalamic-pituitary syndrome in mice treated with aspartate or cysteate in infancy
Journal of Neural Transmission
Volume 35, Issue 3, pp 207-215, 1974

Monosodium L-glutamate (MSG), a neuroexcitatory amino acid is known to destroy hypothalamic (arcuate nucleus) neurons and give rise to subsequent obesity, skeletal stunting and reduced mass of pituitaries, ovaries and testes when administered subcutaneously to infant rodents. Here it is demonstrated that the same hypothalamic lesion and syndrome of neuroendocrine manifestations occurs following treatment of infant mice with either of two other neuroexcitatory amino acids (L-cysteic or L-aspartic acids) which destroy arcuate neurons but not from a structurally related amino acid (DL-α-aminoadipic acid) which lacks neuroexcitatory properties and spares arcuate neurons.

3) Brain Damage in Infant Mice following Oral Intake of Glutamate, Aspartate or Cysteine
Nature Vol. 227, 8 August 1970
image.jpg

DiabeticLiftr

DiabeticLiftr

Awards
I bet he cycles his creatine and follows iifym religiously

:dance2: