generate and benzos...

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
I read somewhere that they compete with each other for the receptor. In my experience the generate negates the effects of the benzo. Anyone know the science?

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
Too bad no one could chime in on this.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Im sure the LG Science folks will chime in soon!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
give it time my friend!, fridays through the weekend are slow around here.. due to family lives and such, and doing the honey do lists! hahaha

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Im sure the LG Science folks will chime in soon!
honestly I have NO idea I have never used Benzo's so I am not going to act like i know or spwe BS.
im sorry I cant help with this question. :-(

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I read somewhere that they compete with each other for the receptor. In my experience the generate negates the effects of the benzo. Anyone know the science?
do you have any links to where you have read this?

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
Abstract
Because extracts of kudzu have been used as a hangover remedy in China for many centuries, we tested the ability of NPI-031G (puerarin), an isoflavone isolated from kudzu, to counteract anxiogenic effects associated with withdrawal from chronic alcohol exposure. NPI-O31G (50 and 150 mg/kg ip) significantly increased the social interaction and locomotor activity reduced by withdrawal from 17 days of alcohol (7%) diet. The effects of NPI-031G resembled those of the benzodiazepine antagonist, flumazenil (5 mg/kg), and the 5-HT2C antagonist, SB 242084 (1 mg/kg). In a separate study, control rats were pretreated with NPI-031G (30 min) and then given the anxiogenic compounds DMCM, a benzodiazepine inverse agonist, or Ro 60 0175, a 5-HT2C agonist. NPI-031G significantly counteracted the reduction in social interaction induced by either compound. To identify a potential mechanism of action of NPI-031G, synaptoneurosomes were isolated from the cerebral cortex of untreated rats and chloride uptake assays were carried out. NPI-031G did not have any effect on the stimulation of chloride uptake by muscimol, a GABA(A) agonist. However, it reduced the potentiation of muscimol-stimulated chloride uptake by flunitrazepam, a benzodiazepine agonist, at a concentration of 100 μM. A reduction in [3H]flunitrazepam binding was also seen at this concentration. These findings are consistent with NPI-031G being a weak benzodiazepine site antagonist.

Author Keywords: NPI-031G; Alcohol withdrawal; Benzodiazepine; GABA(A) and 5-HT2C receptors; Social interaction test; Anxiety-like behavior; Chloride uptake

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
Basically everything I have read about puerarin seems to imply that it is contraindicated for those with panic disorder or general anxiety disorder, treated with benzodiazepines.

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
honestly I have NO idea I have never used Benzo's so I am not going to act like i know or spwe BS.
im sorry I cant help with this question. :-(
I do appreciate your integrity. Its more then I can say about a lot of the reps in this forum.