Lipotropic Protein

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I just got 5 pounds of LG's lipotropic protein in today. I noticed the container says to take it with meals - what about taking it as a meal replacement (protein / oats shake with almonds), is that fine or would it be a waste? Also, any thoughts on using it postworkout, like maybe combining one scoop of liptoropic with one scoop of a quicker digesting protein?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got 5 pounds of LG's lipotropic protein in today. I noticed the container says to take it with meals - what about taking it as a meal replacement (protein / oats shake with almonds), is that fine or would it be a waste? Also, any thoughts on using it postworkout, like maybe combining one scoop of liptoropic with one scoop of a quicker digesting protein?
For sure man, you can mix what ever you want and make it a meal replacement, but just always remember to try and get more of your protein from whole foods..either or its still great , you can use this post work out..definetly!, I also use it at night, mix it with some almond butter/Almond milk..Magic Bullet of course

Which Flavor did you buy?

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I got the extra rich chocolate. I had a shake of it this afternoon and it wasn't bad, not the greatest tasting but it's fine. I've used All The Whey as my regular protein for over a year so it's an adjustment whenever I try a different one. Taste is really the last thing I care about though, as long as the nutritional value is good then that's all that matters. I'm going to mix it with some peanut butter and water and microwave it later tonight for a thick-ass pudding. But thanks for the clarification, just thought it was weird it said to take it with meals as you typically don't see that on protein powders.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got the extra rich chocolate. I had a shake of it this afternoon and it wasn't bad, not the greatest tasting but it's fine. I've used All The Whey as my regular protein for over a year so it's an adjustment whenever I try a different one. Taste is really the last thing I care about though, as long as the nutritional value is good then that's all that matters. I'm going to mix it with some peanut butter and water and microwave it later tonight for a thick-ass pudding. But thanks for the clarification, just thought it was weird it said to take it with meals as you typically don't see that on protein powders.
Not the best tasting? wow, I have never heard this..I think IMO this is the best tasting Chocolate protein out there right now.....anytime man, PM any of us if you need anything:)

bigjeff200

Awards
I am getting my first bottle or lg's protein in my shipment....(I should have paid for quicker shipping :(
I have tried everything from muscle milk to ON whey to designer whey to nitro tech lol
I'll let you know what I think once I get it :)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am getting my first bottle or lg's protein in my shipment....(I should have paid for quicker shipping :(
I have tried everything from muscle milk to ON whey to designer whey to nitro tech lol
I'll let you know what I think once I get it :)
I wont lie, I enjoy Muscle millk..But LG's profile blows it away!... two totally different taste's..but man, I will not drink any other Chocolate besides LG..and No, I'm not just saying that because of who I am..~LG33~ never Bull$hits you;)

Seriously, post back and let me know what you think..:)

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
The protein / peanut butter sludge tonight tasted great. The chocolate has a creamy taste to it. Like I said, I think my initial taste impression was off a bit just due to the shock of using a different product from what I'm used to. I plan on making this stuff a staple, for the price and ingredient profile you can't beat it.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The protein / peanut butter sludge tonight tasted great. The chocolate has a creamy taste to it. Like I said, I think my initial taste impression was off a bit just due to the shock of using a different product from what I'm used to. I plan on making this stuff a staple, for the price and ingredient profile you can't beat it.
Seriously, you really cant!..awesome thoughts man, anytime you need anything just ask bro:)

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Agreed man, for the price and profile this stuff rocks!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
what recipe did you use for that pudding... sounds interesting! thinking about making mine a type of ice cream for the coming summer. If it works I'll let you all know

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
what recipe did you use for that pudding... sounds interesting! thinking about making mine a type of ice cream for the coming summer. If it works I'll let you all know
I put about three to four spoonfuls of peanut butter in a bowl, pour two scoops of protein over it, put just enough water in there so it will mix well, and then microwave it for 25 seconds.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I put about three to four spoonfuls of peanut butter in a bowl, pour two scoops of protein over it, put just enough water in there so it will mix well, and then microwave it for 25 seconds.
sounds great... might give that a shot in the next few days

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe the texture also plays a role in the taste at first as it is different then whey texture. I myself love the taste and believe its one of the best chocolates out there!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
the Marines are here!!! Oh SNAP!!!!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
Lipotropic cooks better than just about any other protein I've tried too - which makes for delicious protein "brownies" on occasion!
sounds... tasty:tongue2:!!!

bigjeff200

Awards
Ok so I had just assumed that I bought chocolate (because I always buy chocolate protein) however I got vanilla.

I can honestly say its the only vanilla I have ever bought that I thought tasted good.

two thumbs up to lg on that

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so I had just assumed that I bought chocolate (because I always buy chocolate protein) however I got vanilla.

I can honestly say its the only vanilla I have ever bought that I thought tasted good.

two thumbs up to lg on that
Right on man....:D

Mrjustin

Mrjustin

Awards
not to hijack the thread, but is the lipotropic at nutra have the new flavor system i remeber reading about a few months back? i got it early last year, and managed to get through 10 lbs of it, but the taste was quite awful, although the profile almost made it worth it(cept i didnt want to have a shake :)).

Curious because i will have to place an protein order in the next couple of weeks, and unless ATW gets back in stock i need to find some cheap alternatives.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
bro this stuff is fine. I have taken most out there and the 2 I like best are LG's and Gold Standard by Optimum. LG's are cheaper and better profile... I have chocolate now and it is treating me just fine ;)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not to hijack the thread, but is the lipotropic at nutra have the new flavor system i remeber reading about a few months back? i got it early last year, and managed to get through 10 lbs of it, but the taste was quite awful, although the profile almost made it worth it(cept i didnt want to have a shake :)).

Curious because i will have to place an protein order in the next couple of weeks, and unless ATW gets back in stock i need to find some cheap alternatives.
yeah, it's the new stuff.

Mrjustin

Mrjustin

Awards
cool, thanks. i will def be adding it to my next order then.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
taste good with Peanut Butter as well ;)

Exposure

Exposure

Awards
Haven't had a chance to try the new stuff. I tried the old stuff at release, but it gave me rancid gas. Anyone have the same effect? What does this new version taste like compared to the old one?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

LG's blows ATW out man..I used to buy ATW before LG revamped there protein line..theres no comparison!

taste good with Peanut Butter as well ;)
True!, but even mixed in water there is no other protein that taste this dam good..serioulsy..