Hey, LG! Tell me about the hydrolyzed peptides in BC+EAA

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4g of EAA from hydrolyzed milk and genus proteins? Great; how hydrolyzed are we talking?

If comparable to smaller whey or casein hydrolysates in molecular weight, these could be way better than standard EAA.

I'm currently doing 10g Leucine, 10g Whey hydrolysate and 10g Pepto-Pro intra-workout.

It'd be really nice if I could just stack BC+EAA with Pepto-Pro and have everything I want!

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They are hydrosalates from whey and partially (bigger I assume) from pea. Good stuff.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was originally posted on BB.com in reference to our Lipotropic Protein; however, I believe it also applies to the pea hydrolysates found in BC+EAA. I know it doesn't really answer your question, but it's definitely an added benefit...

As we all know, one of the issues with PH use use is blood pressure issues. In a recent study it has been shown that pea protein (the genus protein found in our lipotropic protein) can actually lower BP by up to 20%. So you can get your protein and help your heart!

New research from Canada found that proteins in the common garden pea may provide a natural remedy against high blood pressure and chronic kidney disease (CKD). The pea protein could be used as a natural food product such as an additive or dietary supplement to help the millions of people worldwide that suffer from these conditions, suggested the researchers.

Dr Rotimi Aluko, a food chemist at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada will be presenting the findings at the American Chemical Society's 237th National Meeting which is taking place this week (22 - 26 March) in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.

Hypertension or high blood pressure is a major risk factor for people with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Estimates suggests that the number of people with CKD is on the rise in the US and other countries. 13 per cent of adults in the US, about 26 million people, have CKD. This compares with 10 per cent, or 20 million in the 1990s.

CKD is difficult to treat, and many patients progress to end-stage kidney disease and have to have dialysis or a kidney transplant. Scientists are continually looking for new ways to treat CKD and stop kidneys from deteriorating.

Peas have long held prime position as "nutrition superstars" said an American Chemical Society press statement. They contain a healthy amount of protein, fiber, and vitamins and come in a "low-fat, cholesterol-free package".

The yellow garden pea is a variety used in many parts of the world and also popular with vegetarians. For instance it makes a great basis for a soup and eastern dishes like dal, where the peas are cooked to a thick puree and flavoured with spices.

Aluko told the press that:

"In people with high blood pressure, our protein could potentially delay or prevent the onset of kidney damage."

It could also help people with kidney disease live longer by helping them maintain their blood pressure, he added.

For the study, Aluko worked with University of Manitoba colleague Dr Harold Aukema. They extracted pea protein hydrolysate from the yellow garden pea and fed a small dose each day to laboratory rats bred to have a severe type of kidney disease called polycystic kidney disease.

After 8 weeks the rats on the pea protein diet showed a 20 per cent drop in blood pressure compared to diseased rats that had only been fed on a normal diet.

Aluko said this was significant because:

"A majority of CKD patients actually die from cardiovascular complications that arise from the high blood pressure associated with kidney malfunction."

In both rats and humans, polycystic kidney disease severely reduces the output of urine, preventing the kidneys from being able to rid the body of toxins. In this study the rats fed on pea extract showed a 30 per cent increase in urine production, restoring it to within normal levels.

Aluko called this a "huge improvement", and said the rats showed no adverse side effects from eating the pea protein.

The researchers now hope to test the pea protein on humans with mild hypertension.

Speculating on how the pea protein achieves the effects they found, the researchers suggested it stimulates the production of COX-1 (cyclooxygenase -1), a protein that boosts kidney function, but they don't know for sure.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They are hydrosalates from whey and partially (bigger I assume) from pea. Good stuff.
That's really good to know - hydrolysates are the next "big thing" it looks like, and the combo of that with BCAAs is perfect.

For $17, this is seriously underrated. It's just not well known that it's a hydrolysate product. Almost 1/2 the price of Intrabolic and the only major difference is no BA, which I prefer to take pre-workout anyways.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's really good to know - hydrolysates are the next "big thing" it looks like, and the combo of that with BCAAs is perfect.

For $17, this is seriously underrated. It's just not well known that it's a hydrolysate product. Almost 1/2 the price of Intrabolic and the only major difference is no BA, which I prefer to take pre-workout anyways.
Good point.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Great post, great info.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can ask our supplier, they supply all the hydrosalates in the industry really...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can ask our supplier, they supply all the hydrosalates in the industry really...
amazing

i recall the initial batches did not have the pea hydro, amazing that these ones now do.

Ive said again and again that Im very interested in pea for promoting general health.

anything to keep the cardiovascular system at its best i will happily purchase!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool, I just thought that would be some handy info. :)

amazing

i recall the initial batches did not have the pea hydro, amazing that these ones now do.

Ive said again and again that Im very interested in pea for promoting general health.

anything to keep the cardiovascular system at its best i will happily purchase!
The pea protein is an interesting substance - it's hydrolysate stimulates less insulin release though it commonly has a higher leucine content than whey hydro.

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
BC+EAA having the hydro in it really is not mentioned much. I for one use BC+EAA more than I do protein powder. Really is simple and a basic but a great one at that! Price, don't even get me started.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The pea is only partially hydrolyzed from what they told me (roughly 30%) so, I think it makes a good addition to the Whey Hydro. Should we update the label to show Whey Hydro?

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
The pea is only partially hydrolyzed from what they told me (roughly 30%) so, I think it makes a good addition to the Whey Hydro. Should we update the label to show Whey Hydro?
Hydro is a buzz word at the moment. I don't see any reason not to. Let's DO IT!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
absolutely, the update would only bring about more sales

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It would set this apart from other "EAA" products, definitely.
absolutely it would put bc+eaa up there with intrabolic in the eyes of the hasty bb dot com members, that much is for sure

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...I for one use BC+EAA more than I do protein powder. Really is simple and a basic but a great one at that!...
^^^A definite staple for me and far preferred over 99% of protein powders.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^A definite staple for me and far preferred over 99% of protein powders.
Kiwi Watermelon is excellent. I've tried all 3 flavors now, and nothing compares to it.

Just did some math: when I bought it, Intrabolic was 80 cents a serving - and that was at a very hefty sale price. BC+EAA's standard price is 57 cents a serving.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This stuff gets me through the day at school and between PT sessions in the morning!! 3-6 scoops of this starves off any type of unwanted muscle catabolism before a big run or combat endurance type PT. The price and the product are just amazing!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bring a gallon jug of water to work every day with about 3-4 servings mixed in and drink it through out the day..,my buddy calls it go-go juice, i'll use to give him a few servings prior to doing PT, and swears by it now, and always has it ordered:D

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, at the price it's at, for the ingredient profile it has... it's surprising that people still by intrabolic. Plus it goes down SO much easier than intrabolic. I am another one of the converts who doesn't like training without BC+EAA.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, at the price it's at, for the ingredient profile it has... it's surprising that people still by intrabolic. Plus it goes down SO much easier than intrabolic. I am another one of the converts who doesn't like training without BC+EAA.
glad to hear it, and I couldnt agree more on it going down much easier than intrabolic

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kiwi Watermelon is excellent. I've tried all 3 flavors now, and nothing compares to it.
I've used all three flavours as well and nothing comes close to the Grape for me personally. Just got 3 more tubs and they won't last long at all :D

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used all three flavours as well and nothing comes close to the Grape for me personally. Just got 3 more tubs and they won't last long at all :D
yea, we gotta move them up to kilo size tubs

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been wanting a Kg size since this stuff first came out!
tell me about it. I have seen some sites selling it in a 3 bottle bundle though, which is roughly 1 kilo worth, and at a price on par or cheaper than the other bcaa formulas out there (and those ones dont even have the eaa blend, hydro, amazing taste, etc)

I remember first trying the blue razz and being blown away, then the kiwi strawberry is where i found my true love!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I'm with Rosie on the Grape... That stuff is money.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tell me about it. I have seen some sites selling it in a 3 bottle bundle though, which is roughly 1 kilo worth, and at a price on par or cheaper than the other bcaa formulas out there (and those ones dont even have the eaa blend, hydro, amazing taste, etc)

I remember first trying the blue razz and being blown away, then the kiwi strawberry is where i found my true love!
Y'know, I logged the Blue Razz when it first came - the very first batch of it, and didn't like the taste at all. I'll have to try it again sometime, maybe the subsequent batches have improved in flavor. Either way, like you, I'll vouch for the taste of the Kiwi Watermelon anytime.