Flax Blueberry Bars w/ LG's Lipotropic Protein - AnabolicMinds.com

Flax Blueberry Bars w/ LG's Lipotropic Protein

1. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Flax Blueberry Bars w/ LG's Lipotropic Protein

I refuse to cook with straight-up whey or milk derived proteins - anything baked ends up rubbery and inedible. However, other proteins, Genus especially, lend itself very well to many recipes.

This is what I've been eating for breakfast recently. It's quick, easy, enjoyable, and I can eat it in class without mess.

1.5C Fresh Ground Flax Meal (I use my coffee grinder)
    6 Eggs
    5 Scoops Lipotropic PB Protein
    1.5 tsp Baking Powder
    1 Tbsp Cinnamon
    ~1 tsp Stevia (play with this to suit your taste, different brands require different amounts)
    5 Tbsp Peanut Butter
    2 Tbsp Oil of your Choice (I've been melting EVCO)
    2 C Frozen Blueberries
    Edit: ~3/4 C Water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, crack in the eggs and add the PB and oil. With a spatula, turn the dough until it forms a dense ball, adding water until you get a nice thick consistency - now fold in the blueberries a bit at a time.

Line a square baking pan (~9"x9") with foil and spray with Pam. Spread dough (batter, whatever you want to call it) evenly over the surface. If you have some erythritol, sprinkle that over the top - it'll make a nice caramelized "icing" without adding any significant amount of calories or carbs (1-2g at most).

Bake for 15-30mins. Check on it every few minutes past the 15min mark, and remove from the oven once a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Makes 6 bars, each with:
    ~30g Fat
    ~28g Prot
    ~10g Carb (+10g Fiber).

If 10g CHO is too much, just drop the blueberries - you then have a CKD friendly bar that easily satisfies a craving for "breads" without ruining the diet.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation

Seriously, thanks for taking the time to do this write up.. Ive seem some that are just to off the wall to make, this looks pretty straight forward.., I'm going to try Chocolate, until I can get some PB.. DO they How long do these stay fresh for , I'm assuming u put the left over on the fridge?
  3. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Seriously, thanks for taking the time to do this write up.. Ive seem some that are just to off the wall to make, this looks pretty straight forward.., I'm going to try Chocolate, until I can get some PB.. DO they How long do these stay fresh for , I'm assuming u put the left over on the fridge?
    If you're gonna use Chocolate Protein, I'd add a Tbsp or two of cocoa powder. I've kept them over a week in the fridge without issue - stayed nice and tasty.

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

4. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    If you're gonna use Chocolate Protein, I'd add a Tbsp or two of cocoa powder. I've kept them over a week in the fridge without issue - stayed nice and tasty.
    Im more of a PB fan, but I agree with adding the coco powder..these will be the first test, and have around the office, when time isnt on my side..
  5. Senior Member

I think some wheat gluten might help the recipe as well. You can buy it pure at health food stores or even in the natural section in grocery stores. The great thing about it is the fact that it is almost pure protein for a flour.
  6. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ev52 View Post
    I think some wheat gluten might help the recipe as well. You can buy it pure at health food stores or even in the natural section in grocery stores. The great thing about it is the fact that it is almost pure protein for a flour.
    Hm, never used gluten, what's it like texture/taste wise?

***NOW @ NP***
  7. Senior Member

You've probably had it though. It is the main ingredient in almost any "low Carb" bread or wrap. It's texture is like a really fine flour and it has a flour taste with almost a slighty nuttiness too it. You can add it to any recipe and it's great for making things more flexible and pliable. I make pancakes out of straight gluten as well. It is the protein of wheat and that is why some people are allergic too it. Here is the label off of Bob's Red mill version.
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Great info EV, thanks a lot! I'll pick some up and try it out next time I bake anything.

***NOW @ NP***
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.

Thank you this looks great!

10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Damn, this sounds tasty too.
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

These do sound good. It actually reminded me of something I posted years ago: Banana Flaxseed Muffins

Some of the stuff in this thread could easily be applied to the the muffins that I posted about too...it might actually make them better.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  12. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

As I said in another thread, I now use some almond meal and carbalose flour as well, so it's not just flax meal. Makes for a moister bar.

***NOW @ NP***
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I might try and adapt my protein muffin recipe with something like that. The muffins in my recipe taste like regular muffins, but it would be nice to have something different in the arsenal.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  14. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I might try and adapt my protein muffin recipe with something like that. The muffins in my recipe taste like regular muffins, but it would be nice to have something different in the arsenal.
    I like your recipe, I'll give it a try next time I'm in a baking mood.

***NOW @ NP***
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

I love LG lipo

I'll have to give this a try

Thanks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Titan Bars vs Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein Bars