e911 and liver

protempsfish

Awards
Seeing as an energy product was recently recalled due to liver damage is E911 hard on the liver? I am looking for an energy product but am now a little nervous. I did take a natty energy product (containing guarana, yerba mate and green tea) but to be honest, it did nothing for me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was the HCA, which is not a stimulant, that's supposedly what caused it.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also, I wouldn't call 21 people over 6 years an issue. That one really does baffle me... I heard that they sold an estimated 9 million bottles of hydroxycut per year so, that would be roughly 40-50 million bottles sold I estimate.

Either way, the supposed "bad guy" was HCA which is still in many other products and of course not in E-911

protempsfish

Awards
If HCA is the culprit, why do some companies still include it in their products? If not for the potential health risks then why not take it out to prevent legal complications? While I agree that 21 people in many million sold tablets is not a large ratio, it really should be 0or make it a prescribed weight loss medication. Just my 2 cents. It may be the case (and it probably is) that people abuse the product.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many from tylenol in the same time i wonder