My Contest Prep With LG Sciences

Future

AZ Contest Prep on Vimeo

I started my contest prep as a last minute decision with just 8 weeks to go for the July show in Mesa, Az. I wanted to represent LG Sciences as best as possible while helping support my wife, Tami, who is the REAL bodybuilder of our dynamic duo.

I weighed a very full 285 lbs so how was I going to get shredded or at least shredded from what I have every done. Only having one show under my belt is somewhat nerve-racking because I can question myself too much. I needed a plan.

One of my strategies was to go back full force to using my DC training that I have gained some success with. I needed a break from some of my higher volume training that was just wearing me out. I needed something that I knew was effective and still not burn me out in 3-4 weeks. So I went back to the proven method of DC training working a 6 day split and taking from advice for some others. Thus far I have pr’ed in every workout session to date.

Diet has been the ever changing theme for me during my prep as I regularly assess my conditioning, strength and overall look. I use a carb rotation that I was shown from Shelby Starnes last year with much success. He encouraged me to eat carbs but in the methodology that Troponin Nutrition recommends for their athletes of course with individual variation but still the concepts of using high, medium and light carb days. I am also using a window of no fats before and several hours after training as well while my insulin levels are spiked and gaining fat is a possibility. Meals are broken down into 6-7 meals a day depending on my macronutrient breakdown for the day. So far I am down to 264 and under 5% bodyfat. We use the 9 point caliper test so is tough to say what exactly my bf% is once under 5%.

My wife is making great progress as well. She is around 140 lbs and very lean. I am really proud of her. She took alot of adversity and made a proverbial lemonade factory!

I do think she will do very well at her upcoming show. She will have some tough competition but from what I have seen of Tami she is already first place in my mind.

She’s been using LG Sciences Lipoburn to rub on her problem areas. She likes the stuff quite a bit.

I have been using the full LG Sciences line. I have found that the SpeedV2 stacked with E-911 has really helped my energy, definition and fat loss. I also take the GH formula before training and before bed right now. It makes a difference. I wake up in the morning very vascular and tight. And of course I use Lipoburn as well. I rub it on my quads, chest, abs and arms before bed. All of the products work well especially when taken together.

During the day day I sip on water. Actually its about 2 gallons a day to be exact. I will drink my BC+EAA formula in between my meals. Each servings has 11 grams of amino acids that I need to preserve as much muscle as possible while keeping me from a catabolic state as I keep pushing to get leaner and harder for my upcoming show.

I also use the prohormones that LG Sciences recommends. They do make a BIG difference. I love 1-D and Masterdrol. I don’t know if I could keep making the gains I am making without them in my supplement program. At age 36 I need all the help I can get.

If you get a chance to use some of the products from LG Sciences you will not be disappointed. Their stuff is solid, period. You can check them out at most online supplement stored or go to their website lgsciences.com and see where your local retailer is.

Future

Certainly. I am a big example of what can happen if you follow everything correctly while using the LG line.

mulliganoct

Awards
Well you have offered some encouragement. I started using LG about a year ago and yes I strayed away a little to try others, but Im back. I have had great results as well. Being 36 as well, I agree we need all the help we can get. I finally got my weight up to 240, and still going. My next bulking phase will be around July 12th. I have thought about a contest in Oct, but have never done one so Im a little nervous. Dont think Im big enough, I have very broad shoulders, others at the gym think I am but Im not sure. Think I need to bring my back up a bit more.

How long have you been training? Where did you find good advise on cutting? There is alot out there and I have worked to hard to loose any muscle, which is why Im not really sure about contest. Do you take anything for joints? What about cardio?

I know Im asking alot, but to have someone my age is encouraging. Thanks.

Future

Well you have offered some encouragement. I started using LG about a year ago and yes I strayed away a little to try others, but Im back. I have had great results as well. Being 36 as well, I agree we need all the help we can get. I finally got my weight up to 240, and still going. My next bulking phase will be around July 12th. I have thought about a contest in Oct, but have never done one so Im a little nervous. Dont think Im big enough, I have very broad shoulders, others at the gym think I am but Im not sure. Think I need to bring my back up a bit more.

How long have you been training? Where did you find good advise on cutting? There is alot out there and I have worked to hard to loose any muscle, which is why Im not really sure about contest. Do you take anything for joints? What about cardio?

I know Im asking alot, but to have someone my age is encouraging. Thanks.
I have been lifting since I was 11 so about 25 years. I just read alot and find what works for me. I keep my fats up along with using flax. I do cardio right now about 2 hours a day. In the offseason just 3-4 times a week. I am new to bodybuilding as well.

Future

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ocWFe3PXc"]YouTube - pre post workout[/ame]

mulliganoct

Awards
Thanks. I have been doing the same thing, reading and researching. The learning curve about what works for each persons body type is the hard part, sets reps diet, etc. I think I have a fair amount of it figured out. I did look into that DC training, and I have been doing a somewhat modified version every couple weeks without knowing it. I change things up a fair amount, which has really helped my gains. Anyway thanks again for the help. Good luck.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Pretty impressive Future. I can honestly say your dedication and hard work is inspiring.

mulliganoct

Awards
Real quick, when you are PCT do you scale back overall training volume? Just for a week or two. It seems to me that those first two weeks are like a wall. I understand the principal of weight being lifted will go down a bit. Its kinda like a hangover. Then Im back pumped right back up. I guess this could be everything balancing back out. Just a thought. Weighed in today, 245 but still around 15%bf. I know thats high, but Im scared to cut anymore for fear of losing mass. I still need to figure out the cutting diet, maintence diet is good. Guess that really wasnt quick. Take it easy. Thanks.

Future

Pretty impressive Future. I can honestly say your dedication and hard work is inspiring.
Wow! Thanks. This is my second show and I have killed myself to get ready. Glad to eat soon.

Real quick, when you are PCT do you scale back overall training volume? Just for a week or two. It seems to me that those first two weeks are like a wall. I understand the principal of weight being lifted will go down a bit. Its kinda like a hangover. Then Im back pumped right back up. I guess this could be everything balancing back out. Just a thought. Weighed in today, 245 but still around 15%bf. I know thats high, but Im scared to cut anymore for fear of losing mass. I still need to figure out the cutting diet, maintence diet is good. Guess that really wasnt quick. Take it easy. Thanks.
Let me think of that for a bit. :) Cardio time.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on 3rd bro! you look great man:thumbsup:

Future

Thanks guys. Now if the offseason so I will be hitting my LG supplements HARD and really pushing the envelope.

mulliganoct

Awards
Great job. I have some catching up to do, but I will get there. October 2010, will be my first attempt at a show. Come on LG, give me a push!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look great, Shawn! I'd love to have those legs! Those are some excellent videos you and Tami have up. Very cool! Enjoy the off season, man.