capnsavem's review of Lipotropic PB flavor

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ok, 1st off, thanks to LG for hookin' up AM with such a great deal!! got my tub of Lipotropic Protein today, PB flavor

here's my review:

taste: 10/10

the pb flavor is spot on! there's not a huge aftertaste like to original chocolate flavor (which i didnt mind too much anyways because of the excellent profile), and the graininess in almost non-existent. simply delicious.

mixability: 9/10

as i mentioned, grainy texture is all but gone, but can't give it a 10 because it still doesnt mix as well as most whey proteins on the market.

profile: 10/10

26g/scoop of protein, and the super-high BCAA per serving profile is awesome! i also love the betaine included, and being aspartame-free is also a plus.

now here's my concerns:

i didn't weigh the tub, but when i opened it, the tub seemed less than 1/3 filled...

is there extreme settling with this protein? or am i actually missing some of the 2.2 lbs? lol, not too big of a deal because it was 10 bucks.. just a curiosity.

also, this protein gets EVERYWHERE. it's like flour. it just clings to everything... the jug, my hand/forearm.... i had to take a shower after making a shake :)

overall, i give it an 8/10. it would've been a 9 or 10 except for my last concern... i'm a super neat freak, and i can't avoid getting it all over when i dip my hand in the jug.

your comments and questions are welcome.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice review :thumbsup: I cant wait to try this stuff out :)

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
yeah dude, the taste is excellent in my book.

i cant wait to heaer about the banana..

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's the same tub as the 5lb. This small run we wanted to just use the same container for convenience. When the official version is out, it will be in a smaller tub more suitable for 2.2lbs...

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
It's the same tub as the 5lb. This small run we wanted to just use the same container for convenience. When the official version is out, it will be in a smaller tub more suitable for 2.2lbs...
that would explain it... psyched me out :)

hey, don't let the FDA get a whiff of this lipotropic stuff... sounds dnagerous!! :lick:

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im so glad that the wait was worth it, sounds like this protein is all the rage and i couldnt be more happy to hear it!

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the initial reviews are quite good!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Awesome review man! Makes me damn jealous I didn't get to try any!!! :(