Resolve's BC+EAA Bonanza!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Smile Resolve's BC+EAA Bonanza!

This morning I cracked open a tub of the brand-spanking-new Watermelon Kiwi BC+EAA, which LG Sciences was kind enough to give me for testing purposes.

In case you're unfamiliar with the product, you can check it out here.

I've used the Blue Raspberry flavor in the past and very much liked the formula and efficacy of the product, but felt it's flavor needed some improvement. I look forward to evaluating this new flavor and putting the product to vigorous testing!

If you are inexperience with LG Sciences, let me add that they are a fantastic company. They manufacture several of my favorite supplements and have consistently provided quality, beneficial products and notable customer service. And here on AM, they got a great team of reps too.

Goals:Currently, my lifting status/goals is somewhere between rehabilitation and recomposition. I injured my hip/lower right ab a couple of weeks ago doing weighted wide-grip pull-ups and have been attempting to allow that to heal while still accomplishing worthwhile training sessions. I have been employing high volume training and avoiding certain movements that aggravate the injury, and will continue in this for the duration of this log.

Diet: I am currently on an intermittent fasting diet, eating between 2000 and 4000 kcals/day, depending on whether I am training or not. Carbs are high on lifting days and low on recovery days.

Supplementation:
    BC+EAA: 2 servings intra-workout + 3scoops Glycergrow + 60g Fast CHO
    IBE Formex and Reverse
    Bulk Leucine
    Eclipse Nutrition Combustion
    Vitamin C
    Whey and Gemma Protein
    Fish Oil

My first workout is early this afternoon - I'll post up some initial thoughts once I get home!

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

First in for da big dude..
    Look forward to your feedback on this.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Question for the LG dudes:
    Prop formula is disconcerting..what's the ratio of BCAA's? (other than higher leucine..)
    Also, any possible way I can get a breakdown on the EAA portion?
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Hi Snag! Thanks for joining in! IIRC, the BCAAs were changed to 4:1:1 with the new batch - the EAAs I have no idea, a rep will have to answer that.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Question for the LG dudes:
    Prop formula is disconcerting..what's the ratio of BCAA's? (other than higher leucine..)
    Also, any possible way I can get a breakdown on the EAA portion?
    Im in you APE! ha-ha, I thought it first said Resolves BC+EAA Bananas..

Snag ~ That Info is deemed highly classified and is only available to the testers Seriously I should have your answer shortly
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I have been using the kiwi watermelon for a week or two and the flavor never gets old. Very solid indeed
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Snag ~ That Info is deemed highly classified and is only available to the testers
    Dammit! Curses for me not showing up to that tester thread earlier..
    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Hi Snag! Thanks for joining in! IIRC, the BCAAs were changed to 4:1:1 with the new batch - the EAAs I have no idea, a rep will have to answer that.
    Cool deal..thx guys.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Dammit! Curses for me not showing up to that tester thread earlier..

Cool deal..thx guys.
    LG getting me all the info right now
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

In.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

I'm loving that 4:1 ratio on the bcaa's that we were the first to bring to the market.

rounding it out with eaa's and glutamine makes this so ideal for postWO and intraWO. Few products have a taste that addicts me, but thus far all three flavors, especially the watermelong/kiwi and the grape, have me absolutely hooked.

the grape reminds me of grape bubble gum from my childhood.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

I'll have to try the grape next...I really liked the Blueberry. Kiwi is nice and light.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I'll have to try the grape next...I really liked the Blueberry. Kiwi is nice and light.
    im hoping your referring to blue raspberry, otherwise im jealous you know something i dont

damn, i wish that blueberry protein would have made it to market!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    im hoping your referring to blue raspberry, otherwise im jealous you know something i dont

damn, i wish that blueberry protein would have made it to market!
    Ya Blue Raspberry. Sowy.
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Cool

Ya Blue Raspberry. Sowy.
    i know it, i was just messin with ya

now you got me thinking... blueberry flavored aminos... mmmm that woul be tasty and a first (excluding ergo's old whey, which was great)
  15. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Alright, I'm home, and after dealing with some internet difficulties, I'm back online!

Overall, I had a great workout, though I can now add cleans to my list of movements from which I need to take a break.

Initial Impression of Kiwi Watermelon BC+EAA: Tasty! Flavor is very light, masking the unpleasant bitterness of free-form aminos entirely, and leaving in its place an enjoyable and subtle fruitiness. Reminiscent of Watermelon Xtend, though not nearly so strong in flavor; and it has a smack of kiwi as well.

I used two servings in my 1.8L jug and so my experience with BC+EAA was at a very dilute concentration. I plan on playing around with the water volume and with the amount of BC+EAA I use as well, so I can get a better feel for the flavor and versatility of the product.

As for performance, it certainly held up to the first workout I gave it; I finished strong and alert. Physically fatigued, but not overly exhausted. My stamina was fine and my intra-set recovery up and strong.

Today's Workout: 4x6 unless otherwise noted, with 3sec negatives on all movements except decline bench.

Clean and Press: 205

Decline Bench: 305, 305, 295, 295
    ss/d Unilateral Rotary Calves: 250

Unilateral Pulldowns: 150

9x6 Superset
    Supine Reverse Cable Curls: 90 for 7 sets; 75 for 2
    Cable Triceps Ext: 90

2-1 Lying Leg Curls: 110

Yup, I figured since 205 is so light in comparison to the amount that I typically squat and dead that I should be fine with cleaning with that load. Nope. Won't be doing that again for a while. But it's not so much that my actual ab hurts, it's that it is weak and that forces my obliques, right glute, and lower back to supercompensate for it, making my whole right side very sore. So, no squats, no deads, no cleans.

Other than that however, I felt this was a very good workout - I thoroughly enjoyed it!
  16. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Keep letting that right side heal! So sad that you can't do those great compound movements, but you must be careful.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Overall, I had a great workout, though I can now add cleans to my list of movements from which I need to take a break.

Initial Impression of Kiwi Watermelon BC+EAA: Tasty! Flavor is very light, masking the unpleasant bitterness of free-form aminos entirely, and leaving in its place an enjoyable and subtle fruitiness. Reminiscent of Watermelon Xtend, though not nearly so strong in flavor; and it has a smack of kiwi as well.

I used two servings in my 1.8L jug and so my experience with BC+EAA was at a very dilute concentration. I plan on playing around with the water volume and with the amount of BC+EAA I use as well, so I can get a better feel for the flavor and versatility of the product.

As for performance, it certainly held up to the first workout I gave it; I finished strong and alert. Physically fatigued, but not overly exhausted. My stamina was fine and my intra-set recovery up and strong.
    Nice.. I agree the flavor does mask the aminos, but you can always play with the amount of water/bceaa, fine tune it to your needs, and even then!, it is not overpowering! which is why i really enjoy it..
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    Keep letting that right side heal! So sad that you can't do those great compound movements, but you must be careful.

are you two in different rooms online at the same time i keep thinking about the picture you put up of him with the CL powder, you may wake up tonight and see resolve in the kitchen with powder all over his nose..
  19. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, I like it much better than the Blue Raspberry's flavor - I think with a bit less water it'll be amazing!

Edit: yes, we are online simultaneously for a rare treat!
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Yeah, I like it much better than the Blue Raspberry's flavor - I think with a bit less water it'll be amazing!
    For sure!
  21. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Good morning all - today is a recovery day. No lifting, just some cardio later on. My plan at this point is to enjoy a couple scoops of BC+EAA scattered throughout the day. I really am an aminoholic, they're too darn helpful to go without!

Also, I'm expecting the delivery of some of the new LG PB Protein on Friday and will share my thoughts on that.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Do you hit the aminos more while you're in the intermittent fasting period of your day, or do you embrace the 'leucine combined with protein intake increases protein synthesis' concept?

I like the 4:1:1 BCAA ratio employed in this product.
  23. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Do you hit the aminos more while you're in the intermittent fasting period of your day, or do you embrace the 'leucine combined with protein intake increases protein synthesis' concept?

I like the 4:1:1 BCAA ratio employed in this product.
    Both, to an extent. I like BCAAs first thing in the morning and EAAs right before bed, and on recovery days I incorporate 5g Leucine into each meal to help compensate for my low calorie intake. So far, I don't believe I've lost any muscle on this protocol, though I have lost several lbs. I've been looking leaner to myself, BW and my friends. When I had my BF taken, it came in just under 10%, but when I have tried takin pics recently, I look nowhere near that lean in the photos. I don't know...

Also, I had to share this: http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Popular..._05122009.html

I love the FDA!
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Both, to an extent. I like BCAAs first thing in the morning and EAAs right before bed, and on recovery days I incorporate 5g Leucine into each meal to help compensate for my low calorie intake. So far, I don't believe I've lost any muscle on this protocol, though I have lost several lbs. I've been looking leaner to myself, BW and my friends.
    nice..
    Also, I had to share this: http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Popular..._05122009.html

I love the FDA!
    Unfukcingbelievable..the FDA is really getting off the hook. I knew this would happen when Biden got in office. (He's been the driving force behind the ephedra ban, wants to ban creatine, the list goes on..) If that dude has his way, all supplements will be banned..
    Our VP..not that I like Obama, but God forbid anything happen to him and Biden takes over..
    Shizz is getting scary.
  25. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

nice..

Unfukcingbelievable..the FDA is really getting off the hook. I knew this would happen when Biden got in office. (He's been the driving force behind the ephedra ban, wants to ban creatine, the list goes on..) If that dude has his way, all supplements will be banned..
    Our VP..not that I like Obama, but God forbid anything happen to him and Biden takes over..
    Shizz is getting scary.
    Oh yeah, very...
  26. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Just had 1 serving in ~12oz water - yeah, LG did very well on the flavor for this stuff. Delightful and refreshing; sweet and similar in flavor to a watermelon Jolly Rancher, but not as overwhelmingly sweet or intense.
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Just had 1 serving in ~12oz water - yeah, LG did very well on the flavor for this stuff. Delightful and refreshing; sweet and similar in flavor to a watermelon Jolly Rancher, but not as overwhelmingly sweet or intense.

Awesome! did BW have a chance to try any?
  28. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Liftergym33 View Post
    Awesome! did BW have a chance to try any?
    Not yet, I'll share at some point though!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

nice..

Shizz is getting scary.

Or worse yet...If Obama and Biden both get rubbed out, Pelosi will be our next commander...Oy vey!

...I'll see if I can find the Biden clip from yesterday on education...He was speaking to some school kids and basically said, "President Obama and myself are going to make sure that we get each and every one of you to college...even if you can't pay for it!" - Whaaaaaaat?

They're so generous with our money, aren't they?
  30. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Ahaa..how'd I just know that you were gonna chime in on that topic IC?
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Or worse yet...If Obama and Biden both get rubbed out, Pelosi will be our next commander...Oy vey!

...I'll see if I can find the Biden clip from yesterday on education...He was speaking to some school kids and basically said, "President Obama and myself are going to make sure that we get each and every one of you to college...even if you can't pay for it!" - Whaaaaaaat?

Settle down PITBULL!
  32. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

The vast majority of the nation is too stupid to deserve to go to college. If you don't have the drive and desire to get yourself there and the aspiration to excel in your education, you have no business there.

Receiving more Gov. Funding for College is only going to increase the volume of College dropouts.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Answers

wooohooo I'm in buddy!!! How you liking that flavor?
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Answers

found it :P
  35. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Yup, liking the flavor a LOT. Compared with how I honestly just tolerated the Blue Raspberry, this is infinitely better. Today I used a whopping 3 servings intra-workout, to thoroughly "flavorize" my large water bottle and it was fantastic. Not overpowering, "refreshing" has to be the best word. Like sweetened iced tea - the taste isn't particularly strong, but it's enough to lend a very satisfying experience to the water.

Additionally, 3 servings is better for a guy my size; I was skimping and only using 2 in an effort to make the tub last longer, but shoot, that ~9g BCAAs and 8g EAAs and that's a bit low. 3 is much better, with ~14g BCAA and 12g EAA. I even threw in 10g additional Leucine for good measure and this had no negative impact on taste.

Solubility seems better than the first batch - BC+EAA used to leave a layer of hydrolyzed EAA spread over the top of my water, but the Kiwi-Watermelon hasn't exhibited this trait at all. Definitely a good thing!

Today's Workout: High Volume, 3sec Negatives on all movements

Inc DB Press: 8x12 70lb DBs

Cable Pullovers: 130lb

Cable Flies: 50lb per arm

Leg Press: 160lb (set performed for time, 2mins 40sec) OUCH!

Leg Extensions: 2x30 85lb

Seated Inc DB Curls: 10x12 37.5lb DBs

So, I've been trying to find leg movements that I can do while my hip/ab heals that won't tax it too much, and really that pretty much limits me to machines with lighter weight. So, I decided I'm just gonna try some crazy long sets and keep adding time. I have done leg press for time twice now, and it fries my quads. I intend to keep adding 40 sec each time I work quads and can only imagine what it's going to be like once I hit ~5min.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Answers

Good to hear man! Grape is my personal fave at the moment
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

I've never done sets for "time." - Hmmm, vedy interesting...
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Answers

It's a great way to train! Try a 90second set!
  39. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

I haven't either - it's a concept I stumbled upon when searching for ways to sufficiently work my legs for hypertrophy without being able to use large loads. I cannot yet comment on the success of the method, but it produces a staggering pump!
  40. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

PB Protein should be here today!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Resolve's Perfect Workout Kit Review
    By Resolve in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 06:51 PM
  2. How can i resolve prolactin problems?
    By justlift87 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 12:00 PM
  3. NutraPlanet's New Years Bonanza!
    By Steveoph in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 06:15 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 10:46 AM