Not to Beat a Dead Horse...

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
but that new protein in the chocolate flavor is some hard stuff to chug down! I know you guys' said you were working on the flavoring system & that's cool.. I wish I'd have gotten the vanilla now. Anybody out there know a way to maybe get it to taste a little better?

Also, the other day, I was scooping some of it out of a tupperware dish & it looked as though parts of the protein were actually jumping off of the scoop!!! I had to show my brother in law to make sure I wasn't seeing things. We also noticed that the protein powder on the scoop looked almost magnetized or something to that effect.. Interesting.

Anyway, that's all I got. I'm not upset that I got the protein, just struggling w/ 5lbs of chocolate stuff.....
:thumbsup:

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I have just received the vanilla, will update on taste tomorrow when I try it :)

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
but that new protein in the chocolate flavor is some hard stuff to chug down! I know you guys' said you were working on the flavoring system & that's cool.. I wish I'd have gotten the vanilla now. Anybody out there know a way to maybe get it to taste a little better?

Also, the other day, I was scooping some of it out of a tupperware dish & it looked as though parts of the protein were actually jumping off of the scoop!!! I had to show my brother in law to make sure I wasn't seeing things. We also noticed that the protein powder on the scoop looked almost magnetized or something to that effect.. Interesting.

Anyway, that's all I got. I'm not upset that I got the protein, just struggling w/ 5lbs of chocolate stuff.....
since you already have it you could improvise.buy a cheap g.n.c brand whey or gainer pref.cookies and cream(trust me)you will love it!mixed to powders together in a bigger bucket,pref.one with a cover so you could shake and sift it good!and enjoy!:thumbsup:

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Trust me, Ive had supplements that taste far far worse than our current chocolate flavor. The key is to simply mix with less water and chug, that is if you dont want to simply add other chocolate flavors to mask the taste.

I assure you our chocolate flavor will be greatly improved in the near future, but in the mean time using less water very well may fix your current dilemma.
Luckily, our vanilla is already among the best vanilla flavored proteins on the market.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Trust me, Ive had supplements that taste far far worse than our current chocolate flavor. The key is to simply mix with less water and chug, that is if you dont want to simply add other chocolate flavors to mask the taste.

I assure you our chocolate flavor will be greatly improved in the near future, but in the mean time using less water very well may fix your current dilemma.
Luckily, our vanilla is already among the best vanilla flavored proteins on the market.
i guess he just picked the wrong flavor!..trial and error!:food:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I have just received the vanilla, will update on taste tomorrow when I try it :)
Haha, you got a new jug of protein in .. and you have the patience to wait a whole night to try it ?!

:FUfinger:

I mean ..

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
.. oh, and for those not carb-restricted; use milk with it. I've never had a shake in my life that didn't taste better in milk than water.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
.. oh, and for those not carb-restricted; use milk with it. I've never had a shake in my life that didn't taste better in milk than water.
Very true, I would say 90% or more of the proteins I've bought are tastier when mixed in milk than water.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i had the same problem, if your current diet allows it add in a nice scoop of peanut butter. it fits well with the flavor

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Haha, you got a new jug of protein in .. and you have the patience to wait a whole night to try it ?!

:FUfinger:

I mean ..

Damn it I caved.... I admit it..30 min ago I had to open it and try it... haha...review in my thread ;)

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Trust me, Ive had supplements that taste far far worse than our current chocolate flavor.

Oh, I know, the powders of the 80's were horrific!! I did it yesterday w/ only about 8oz of water & yeah, it was a little easier. Three gulps & it was over. Not too bad.

As for mixing w/ other powders, I may try that route.

Thanks fellas-

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just can't believe compared to something like Optimum you think it is that bad. We are going to cave, throw 13g of carbs in there like Syntha 6.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
never had Optimum.. Bad stuff, eh? I guess I could throw a banana, some oatmeal, & a little peanut butter in there for a nice snack to hold me over for a while.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that is the benchmark we used. I hate Optimum, it is horrible, but they only sell 100 million in the stuff...

For a low carb, low fat protein it is good IMHO. The people want carbs though, so I am fine with that...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
never had Optimum.. Bad stuff, eh? I guess I could throw a banana, some oatmeal, & a little peanut butter in there for a nice snack to hold me over for a while.
Perhaps you can try adding some low-fat cocoa powder (or regular fat if this isn't PWO).

As far as Optimum goes, about 6 years ago I tried their ON 100% Vanilla and it was pretty terrible. However 2 years ago I tried their Rocky Road and it was pretty decent, and their new flavours are pretty decent IMO. However there are better and cheaper options out there (ATW comes to mind).

The real difference between ON and LG is that this is LG's first shot at protein, they realized after 1 run that it needs improvement, and are rapidly working on fixing it whereas ON had pretty poor tasting protein for ages. Kudos to LG for admitting it needs work, and seeking a quick solution. I will be picking up some of the chocolate once you have the flavour fixed up since the profile:price is right for this :D I think NP is pretty saturated with proteins, but if there is enough demand for this we might bring it on board. :food:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have the vanilla, and its a great protein, I just use splenda, cinnamon, and its a cinnabun. DOnt add any carbs please LG, I like the no carb option of having 52 grams in 2 scoops