Rosie's Review of SLIN
- 11-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Rosie's Review of SLIN
I've recently had the opportunity (thank you, Eric) to try SLIN. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I stopped using it after 24 days...
What is it?
Originally Posted by LG_SCIENCES_website
Taste: 8/10. From the first dose, SLIN smelt and tasted like cinnamon (no genius there, since it contains Cinnamon Extract). Quite pleasant actually.
Side Effects: 5/10. Over the course of 24 days I dosed SLIN through the full dosage range (and a little higher). No hypoglycaemic effects were experienced at any dosage. However, dosed at 2 and 3 caps I experienced mild nausea and stomach upsets, which were absent when dosed at 4 and 5 caps. And dosing at 5 caps, I began to experience insulin-like side effects: a skin irritation, redness and swelling that were exacerbated by perpetual itchiness, leading to rashes/welts, all over my body, from head to feet. (Note that I take responsibility for the reactions that occurred when I was dosing at 5 caps per dose, as it DOES say on the label "take 2-4 caps").
Overall: 7/10. SLIN is recommended to be dosed at 2-4 caps up to 3 times daily before meals. SLIN claims insulin-like effects without insulin-like sides. Regardless of the dosage, I experienced no bloating or water retention the day AFTER days where I had high-carbohydrate and/or high energy (>4000 cal/day) intakes. (Note that for the first 16 days that I was using SLIN I was ALSO using NeoVar Recomped (i.e. creatine/nutrient repartitioner/insulin mimic*), dosing at the SAME time).
Would I use it again? Possibly. If I were not using another product that had the same effects.
What would I do differently if I used it again? I would definitely stick to dosing only ONCE daily (immediately post-gym on resistance training days, and immediately post-cardio on non-gym days), at 4 caps, since there were no sides at all at this dosage...I would also make sure that I was not using any other product that mimicked insulin*.
Would I recommend? Yes. Provided the recommended dosage was adhered to. And there were no more effective products available.
This review is also available in my log (post #460) in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subsection of the Supplements Forum: Restoring Rosie: AN calls in the full cavalry (and a few extras)
* Although the side effects I experienced only occurred when I was no longer using NeoVar Recomped, the combination of using two insulin mimicking products may have been too much???Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION
"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
- 11-19-2008, 08:58 PM
11-20-2008, 12:16 AM
11-20-2008, 12:52 PM
11-21-2008, 06:24 PM
11-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2009, 12:48 AM
- By Rosie Chee in forum LG SciencesReplies: 15Last Post: 12-17-2008, 07:42 PM
- By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2008, 10:34 PM
- By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 10Last Post: 11-20-2008, 06:29 PM
- By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2008, 08:04 PM