Rosie's Review of SLIN

1. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Rosie's Review of SLIN

I've recently had the opportunity (thank you, Eric) to try SLIN. Due to unfortunate circumstances, I stopped using it after 24 days...

What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by LG_SCIENCES_website
    Slin is the most advanced insulin potentiator on the market. Insulin is used in elite bodybuilding circles to force more nutrients into the muscle cells thereby giving you increased growth. Unfortunately INSULIN is illegal and dangerous if used improperly. SLIN is the safe, legal alternative that will give you similar results without side effects!

Taste: 8/10. From the first dose, SLIN smelt and tasted like cinnamon (no genius there, since it contains Cinnamon Extract). Quite pleasant actually.

Side Effects: 5/10. Over the course of 24 days I dosed SLIN through the full dosage range (and a little higher). No hypoglycaemic effects were experienced at any dosage. However, dosed at 2 and 3 caps I experienced mild nausea and stomach upsets, which were absent when dosed at 4 and 5 caps. And dosing at 5 caps, I began to experience insulin-like side effects: a skin irritation, redness and swelling that were exacerbated by perpetual itchiness, leading to rashes/welts, all over my body, from head to feet. (Note that I take responsibility for the reactions that occurred when I was dosing at 5 caps per dose, as it DOES say on the label "take 2-4 caps").

Overall: 7/10. SLIN is recommended to be dosed at 2-4 caps up to 3 times daily before meals. SLIN claims insulin-like effects without insulin-like sides. Regardless of the dosage, I experienced no bloating or water retention the day AFTER days where I had high-carbohydrate and/or high energy (>4000 cal/day) intakes. (Note that for the first 16 days that I was using SLIN I was ALSO using NeoVar Recomped (i.e. creatine/nutrient repartitioner/insulin mimic*), dosing at the SAME time).

Would I use it again? Possibly. If I were not using another product that had the same effects.

What would I do differently if I used it again? I would definitely stick to dosing only ONCE daily (immediately post-gym on resistance training days, and immediately post-cardio on non-gym days), at 4 caps, since there were no sides at all at this dosage...I would also make sure that I was not using any other product that mimicked insulin*.

Would I recommend? Yes. Provided the recommended dosage was adhered to. And there were no more effective products available.

This review is also available in my log (post #460) in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subsection of the Supplements Forum: Restoring Rosie: AN calls in the full cavalry (and a few extras)

* Although the side effects I experienced only occurred when I was no longer using NeoVar Recomped, the combination of using two insulin mimicking products may have been too much???
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.25%

Thanks for the honest, in depth review, Slin does seem to be a leader in its category.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks Rosie, appreciate the honest feedback
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Slin is def a keeper. I love it it only gets better with time.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.5%

I'm using slin 1 cap for meals and 2 for pre-wo. No sides like AP, it works great for me.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bobert2 View Post
    I'm using slin 1 cap for meals and 2 for pre-wo. No sides like AP, it works great for me.
    Glad to hear you're getting good results off such a low dose! It certainly is powerful stuff

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rosie's Review of Slin-Sane
    By Rosie Chee in forum Genomyx
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 10:36 AM
  2. Rosie's Review of Cre-02
    By Rosie Chee in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 08:41 PM
  3. Rosie's Review of RPN's DCP
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0