Restore and Blood Pressure?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am wondering if there is anything in Restore, that in someone who is susceptable, might significantly raise blood pressure. This is the third time I have tried Restore. Other times were with confounding factors though, this time I have gotten rid of the confounding factors and in fact it appears my blood pressure is significantly elevated to the point that I can "sense" it is raised (and varified by measurement after). So I guess I will stop taking it for good but I am just wondering what the heck I could be reacting to? Thanks.

Mr.50

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am wondering if there is anything in Restore, that in someone who is susceptable, might significantly raise blood pressure. This is the third time I have tried Restore. Other times were with confounding factors though, this time I have gotten rid of the confounding factors and in fact it appears my blood pressure is significantly elevated to the point that I can "sense" it is raised (and varified by measurement after). So I guess I will stop taking it for good but I am just wondering what the heck I could be reacting to? Thanks.

Mr.50

what other products are you using on a daily basis? Has your diet changed at all, more salt? less salt?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Diet has been the same. I am also trying the new Adipokinetix which would be my first suspect (way before the Restore) but I was taking it for about a week before starting the Restore and I had check my bp during that time and it was normal. Then on Friday I started the Restore again and all of a sudden my bp is high and I can "sense" it. It really seems unlikely that the Restore could do this (at least to my knowledge) but this is the same as the other two times I tried it. Of course at those times there were other compounds I could not control for. Could be anything i guess. I am almost wodnering if it isn't a true pressor effect but actually a slight alergic reaction to one of the ingredients that is presenting a slight chest tightness and pressor effect.

Mr.50

P.S. - Heart Rate is normal

what other products are you using on a daily basis? Has your diet changed at all, more salt? less salt?

Last edited:

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Diet has been the same. I am also trying the new Adipokinetix which would be my first suspect (way before the Restore) but I was taking it for about a week before starting the Restore and I had check my bp during that time and it was normal. Then on Friday I started the Restore again and all of a sudden my bp is high and I can "sense" it. It really seems unlikely that the Restore could do this (at least to my knowledge) but this is the same as the other two times I tried it. Of course at those times there were other compounds I could not control for. Could be anything i guess. I am almost wodnering if it isn't a true pressor effect but actually a slight alergic reaction to one of the ingredients that is presenting a slight chest tightness and pressor effect.

Mr.50

Are you taking any stims at all ?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well as I said only the New Adipokinetix but as I said I have been on that for a week before starting the Restore with no symptoms till Friday when I started the Restore.

Are you taking any stims at all ?

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Mr.50

Ater reading about Adipokinetix I would have to say it must be the culprit, it has a few stimulants in it, and it can act as a diuretic as well. Restore has nothing in it that stimulates the CNS, nothing to effect blood pressure, if anything it would be lower as it controls water. SO the two together are probably causing your natural homostasis a confusion and you are now doing the opposite, holding all water. Your body is defending itself the best it can holding all sodium and water. I suggest stopping both for a week, drink a ton of water everyday, then add in the restore alone, after a few days try adding in the Adipokinetix again to see what happens.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks FnF for a well thought out and knowledgable explanation. I would not have thought of that on my own. I will give it a shot. Thanks.

Mr.50

Ater reading about Adipokinetix I would have to say it must be the culprit, it has a few stimulants in it, and it can act as a diuretic as well. Restore has nothing in it that stimulates the CNS, nothing to effect blood pressure, if anything it would be lower as it controls water. SO the two together are probably causing your natural homostasis a confusion and you are now doing the opposite, holding all water. Your body is defending itself the best it can holding all sodium and water. I suggest stopping both for a week, drink a ton of water everyday, then add in the restore alone, after a few days try adding in the Adipokinetix again to see what happens.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks FnF for a well thought out and knowledgable explanation. I would not have thought of that on my own. I will give it a shot. Thanks.

Mr.50

Quite welcome ! I also wanted to ask are you taking any Motrin or anti-inflammatory at all ?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Actually yes, Asprin 325mgs 3 X per day because of some achilles tendinosis I am rehabing.

Mr.50

Quite welcome ! I also wanted to ask are you taking any Motrin or anti-inflammatory at all ?

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually yes, Asprin 325mgs 3 X per day because of some achilles tendinosis I am rehabing.

Mr.50

Hmmm I dont think aspirin can really make you retain much water but Motrin can or even prescription anti-inflammatorys. And that is a pretty low dose too, so I dont feel that is making anything worse at all.

One good thing to do is to have your BP checked after you wake up and you can eat but do not take any supplements or aspirin and see what your reading is.

I did this and found that there is a 15 point difference in my BP when checking BP while taking a stimulant, so I always check it early now.