Unreal (dumb bicep)

troybrown

troybrown

Awards
So i have been dealing with bicep pain for a couple months now, i originally hurt it a while back when i went to the gym all pissed off..(at the time it seemed like a great healthy way to get rid of some anger..nope) lost control of my form and bam..horrible pain around my bicep 3 or 4 inches from the inside of my elbow.

I been trying my best not to use it, but the thing that is really killing me is that Im a furniture delivery guy.I lift heavy **** in awkward positions all day long.

any suggestions that may help?

ive been heating and icing it every chance i get ...

i really need a good week off work..but bills have to be paid...

just ranting.

Ursa Major

Awards
Flexaril or cyclobenzaprine from the er, acupuncture

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
If you take your opposite hand and rub your fingers over the inside of the injured bicep do you feel a thick cord moving around that is painful?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If ya got insurance use it already!

troybrown

troybrown

Awards
If you take your opposite hand and rub your fingers over the inside of the injured bicep do you feel a thick cord moving around that is painful?
I can do that without any pain,mainly the pain comes when im flexing or gripping something with the tip of my fingers..

If ya got insurance use it already!
i know man im the king of procrastination, sadly i have no insurance but you are right. think its time i pull the trigger on a doc appointment

Ursa Major

Awards
Epsom salt baths help too they might even suggest compression

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Well I can tell you that they are likely just going to say rest and nsaids as needed for the pain. Really time is the only thing that will resolve this, as you already know. A muscle relaxer like someone mentioned could help but deff not when you are still working and doing physical stuff...Don’t want to cause a loss of coordination or a fall.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So i have been dealing with bicep pain for a couple months now, i originally hurt it a while back when i went to the gym all pissed off..(at the time it seemed like a great healthy way to get rid of some anger..nope) lost control of my form and bam..horrible pain around my bicep 3 or 4 inches from the inside of my elbow.

I been trying my best not to use it, but the thing that is really killing me is that Im a furniture delivery guy.I lift heavy **** in awkward positions all day long.

any suggestions that may help?

ive been heating and icing it every chance i get ...

i really need a good week off work..but bills have to be paid...

just ranting.
Dont do anything that bothers it. Thats the only way to get it better

You can do physical therapy on it, light movements to get blood flow in there to help it heal.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This could be so many things with so many remedies. What were you doing when you injured it?

Barca1323

Awards
If I were you I would go find a chiro or physical therapist who does ART/Graston. Sounds like you have a bad muscle strain or tendinitis. Also I would go to a doctor (not an MD as all you will get r nsaids as told to rest) but I would go to a doctor because you need to make sure there isn’t a tear in the muscle or tendon