Umbilical Hernia

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
Anyone ever have an Umbilical Hernia operation?

If so was it an open or laparoscopic procedure?

How long were you out of the gym recovering?

Thanks!

C

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
I did when I was around nine years old. So I wasn't in the gym yet. However I can tell you this. You will not be able to lift heavy for quite some time I would say around 3 to 4 months will be out of the gym because the fact that allow lives usual corner and you do not want to tear the stitches. I was under the table for around 30 to 45 minutes. Upon waking it hurt to Pee a **** ton and basically to move because you use your abdominal muscles a lot more than you think.

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
You think that short? Idk I was younger so I was weaker maybe that's why. Def wouldn't go heavy, start super light

Giftedbarber1

Awards
Wifey just had back working out in 5 weeks shes 39

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
So turns out I had 2 small umbilical hernias and I had them repaired through and open surgery 9/26. Follow up appointment is today. Hoping to get released for some light training! Aside from walking my dogs and mowing my lawn I've been doing nothing and it's killing me!!! Still have a small lump and I'm hoping that's some internal swelling or scar tissue that will go away...Wish me luck!

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
Got released to begin training again!!! Doc says to get back in slow and not to do anything that will severely engage my core or anything so heavy that I'll be straining hard. He said in another two weeks I should be good to get after it more hard core. Today is my first training session since 9/25 and feels great to have the iron back in my hands!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 0
Injury / Rehab 0
Injury / Rehab 10
Whorid Injury / Rehab 6
Bigman1292 Injury / Rehab 11