IGF for injuries?

rpt95

Awards
Hi - I am a competative strength athlete and have been trying to get over a nagging injury for several months. Would IGF help speed up the recovery and what dosage would be most appropriate for this.

I am assuming that an intra muscular injection at or near the injury site would be best.....

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
IGF would be fine too.
Depends on the injury? How long you plan to run whatever? GH can get pricey...
BUT does hold more benefits to someone liek you. highger dose will allow good recovery and fat loss while maintaining muscle. Drop a weight class maybe only lose a few lbs on a lift?

Anyhoot.... i know there is a log floating around about a shoulder injury and IGF use.

Goodluck

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if IGF would be better or not, but it certainly should help, depending on what type of injury. Ligaments and tendons not so much, but muscle tears definatly.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if IGF would be better or not, but it certainly should help, depending on what type of injury. Ligaments and tendons not so much, but muscle tears definatly.
Exactly, I was referring to any injury besides muscles GH is the way to go.

rpt95

Awards
IGF would be fine too.
Depends on the injury? How long you plan to run whatever? GH can get pricey...
BUT does hold more benefits to someone liek you. highger dose will allow good recovery and fat loss while maintaining muscle. Drop a weight class maybe only lose a few lbs on a lift?

Anyhoot.... i know there is a log floating around about a shoulder injury and IGF use.

Goodluck
Thanks for the information - it is a muscle injury in the hip glute area. I have about two months till my next big comp which if I do well at could take me to the next level- I all ready came into some really cheap IGF and purchased it for something like this a little while ago. I have 1 mg. I all ready prepared my AA solution. I don't have to worry about droping a weight class because there aren't any in my sport - well two I guess. What would be an appropriate dosing schedule?

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the information - it is a muscle injury in the hip glute area. I have about two months till my next big comp which if I do well at could take me to the next level- I all ready came into some really cheap IGF and purchased it for something like this a little while ago. I have 1 mg. I all ready prepared my AA solution. I don't have to worry about droping a weight class because there aren't any in my sport - well two I guess. What would be an appropriate dosing schedule?
20-40 mcg split bilaterally E3D........

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
20-40 mcg split bilaterally E3D........
wait! if its aglute shot wont his but grow? not tryin to be funny but serious.
I would think 20-30mcgs over the period of time would be enough to help and stay away from any chance or organ growth.
Also depedns on the severity of the issue.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't think growth would be a problem, at least not with one run,but 20-30mcg's is probably enough. I wouldn't do it bi-laterally though. Just pin the area that is injured. I would do it ED for injury recovery, but thats just me.

rpt95

Awards
wait! if its aglute shot wont his but grow? not tryin to be funny but serious.
I would think 20-30mcgs over the period of time would be enough to help and stay away from any chance or organ growth.
Also depedns on the severity of the issue.
I don't think it is a very serious injury - just one that doesn't want to heal. The main negative impact is the inability to turn on the jets speed wise. I get to about 3/4 speed and the pain prevents me from opening up my stride any more.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Is it your hip flexors bro???? How did the injury occur. I am a powerlifter and my hips get zingers every now and then too.... they can be real pains in the ass.............

rpt95

Awards
Is it your hip flexors bro???? How did the injury occur. I am a powerlifter and my hips get zingers every now and then too.... they can be real pains in the ass.............
I went to my chiro and he said it wasn't the hip flexor or the hamstring. It hurts from just over the hami to the base of my spinal erectors. I first noticed the pain while I was running - now it hurts every step I take. I am a similar build to you 6-4 285 so running sometimes puts a lot of stress on the body.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I went to my chiro and he said it wasn't the hip flexor or the hamstring. It hurts from just over the hami to the base of my spinal erectors. I first noticed the pain while I was running - now it hurts every step I take. I am a similar build to you 6-4 285 so running sometimes puts a lot of stress on the body.
Like a sharp pin right? In a line? I had that awhile ago, had to much stress from running and a little poor for going on. It cleared after about a week, but i took it easy on squats and back movement,.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I had a nagging knee injury while running a dry PH, which killed collagen synthesis. While running the PH I jacked up IGF-1 doses to 40 mcg 2x a day. Next I did a set of heavy ass squats while keeping my knee safe. The next day I started at that dose, and in 7-8 days later it's healed about 90%.

This is after 2 months of it not healing at all.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I had a nagging knee injury while running a dry PH, which killed collagen synthesis. While running the PH I jacked up IGF-1 doses to 40 mcg 2x a day. Next I did a set of heavy ass squats while keeping my knee safe. The next day I started at that dose, and in 7-8 days later it's healed about 90%.

Where did you inject at? Quad? closer to knee? Did you split up your two 40mcg shots? (20,20; 20,20?)? Thanks for sharing CE!

Heavy squats....as in like 225lbs? J/P!
:lol:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Where did you inject at? Quad? closer to knee? Did you split up your two 40mcg shots? (20,20; 20,20?)? Thanks for sharing CE!

Heavy squats....as in like 225lbs? J/P!
:lol:

In the quad near the knee, and in the muscle PWO which was any muscle worked.

Yep, 40 mcg split.

rpt95

Awards

That is good to hear!

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
igf,gh and mgf(peg or not). take them all, and add some cjc + insulin. all those peptides will help injuries.

its incorrect to say gh only for non muscle injuries. igf increases rate of fibroblast growth in tendon, ligaments and cartilage and increases rate of collgaen synthesis. mgf is expressed in tendons as well as muscle. cjc will raise endogenous gh+igf so helps too. slin will shuttle nutrients to injured parts.