Possible infection?

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
I injected 200mcg of peg mgf into my R forearm 2 days ago, I used the same 29g slin pin to withdraw the peg and also the same ammt of BW (400mcg total liquid). I injected 200mcg of the liquid, or 100mcg of the mgf into two separate sites in the anterior of my R forearm.

Then i worked anterior forearms the next day and injected 20mcg lr3 igf into each forearm, again splitting the dose in each forearm in half (again cut wiht BA).

Yesterday my R anterior forearm around the 2 site injections of the peg mgf were a little swolen, reddish, and painful. L forearm was fine. Today the R forearm is still painful and red. I have marked off the reddened area to see if it expands or contracts and took 2 benadryl 1 hr ago.

What are the odds this is an infection? I used alcohol swabs but the needle I used on my r arm had poked the mgf bottle, the BA bottle, and then stuck my forearm 2x. I have done this before without a problem like this however.

If it is an infection I would like to avoid seeing my PCP so I don't have to explain or make up a BS story. I've been searching on the net for amoxicillin injectible and oral pill form. I've found plenty of amoxicillin in 500mg tabs that you break open and add to fish tanks but have no idea if they are safe for human consumtion.

All of the other vet grade I have found require a prescription. I think i can get express delivery of human amoxicillin w/out a script from an online pharm but would like to get some to inject to start me off, plus I'm gonna have to pay for an online consult and a lot for the express delivery and not be able to get any injectible form if I go this route.

I'm going to monitor and will seek medical attn if it gets worse rather than better over the next 2 days but if anyone knows if the fish amox is safe for humans please pm me or if you know of a site that supplies amox injectible from within the us or from canada that doesn't require a script as well.

There are plenty of overseas places but I can't wait 2-3 weeks if it's an infection. I"ve been injecting for almost a month now and nothing like this has happened before. But the area is red, a little swolen, and warm to the touch.

I really don't want to see my PCP about this and make up some bs story that a friend injected me with b-12 with a sterile needle so I dont know what caused this. Maybe it was a blunted needle or something got on the tip of the needle? But i have used needles blunted like this before without this issue. I did really burn my forearm with that workout but can't see why it would be red and a little swolen around the 2 mgf injection sites (acutally the red area is kind of merged around both b/c the sites of inject were fairly close).

I did use a liquid supplied with the mgf that was not labelled which I assumed was BA to reconstitute. My first couple inject's were no prob with the substance. Plus this inject I added 100% more BW to the mgf.

Not panicing, but realize if it gets worse over the next cpl days I will have to do something. I would prefer to treat it myself plus I would like to have an antibiotic on hand anyway for future use.

Thanks.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I injected 200mcg of peg mgf into my R forearm 2 days ago, I used the same 29g slin pin to withdraw the peg and also the same ammt of BW (400mcg total liquid). I injected 200mcg of the liquid, or 100mcg of the mgf into two separate sites in the anterior of my R forearm.

Then i worked anterior forearms the next day and injected 20mcg lr3 igf into each forearm, again splitting the dose in each forearm in half (again cut wiht BA).

Yesterday my R anterior forearm around the 2 site injections of the peg mgf were a little swolen, reddish, and painful. L forearm was fine. Today the R forearm is still painful and red. I have marked off the reddened area to see if it expands or contracts and took 2 benadryl 1 hr ago.

What are the odds this is an infection? I used alcohol swabs but the needle I used on my r arm had poked the mgf bottle, the BA bottle, and then stuck my forearm 2x. I have done this before without a problem like this however.

If it is an infection I would like to avoid seeing my PCP so I don't have to explain or make up a BS story. I've been searching on the net for amoxicillin injectible and oral pill form. I've found plenty of amoxicillin in 500mg tabs that you break open and add to fish tanks but have no idea if they are safe for human consumtion.

All of the other vet grade I have found require a prescription. I think i can get express delivery of human amoxicillin w/out a script from an online pharm but would like to get some to inject to start me off, plus I'm gonna have to pay for an online consult and a lot for the express delivery and not be able to get any injectible form if I go this route.

I'm going to monitor and will seek medical attn if it gets worse rather than better over the next 2 days but if anyone knows if the fish amox is safe for humans please pm me or if you know of a site that supplies amox injectible from within the us or from canada that doesn't require a script as well.

There are plenty of overseas places but I can't wait 2-3 weeks if it's an infection. I"ve been injecting for almost a month now and nothing like this has happened before. But the area is red, a little swolen, and warm to the touch.

I really don't want to see my PCP about this and make up some bs story that a friend injected me with b-12 with a sterile needle so I dont know what caused this. Maybe it was a blunted needle or something got on the tip of the needle? But i have used needles blunted like this before without this issue. I did really burn my forearm with that workout but can't see why it would be red and a little swolen around the 2 mgf injection sites (acutally the red area is kind of merged around both b/c the sites of inject were fairly close).

I did use a liquid supplied with the mgf that was not labelled which I assumed was BA to reconstitute. My first couple inject's were no prob with the substance. Plus this inject I added 100% more BW to the mgf.

Not panicing, but realize if it gets worse over the next cpl days I will have to do something. I would prefer to treat it myself plus I would like to have an antibiotic on hand anyway for future use.

Thanks.

Yes, the antibiotics you get at petco/petsmart and the like will work just fine.

BUT, I think it is just irritated from the AA. Watch it for a few days.

You did swab the top of the vials before pulling it right? The fridge is kind of a nasty place. Also, after going into the MGF vial and the BW vial, the needle is pretty well dulled. Did you wiggle it around during the inject any? Might not be a lot of muscle for the water to go in your forearm. I realize some is local, so lets not get into semantics, but MGF is pretty systemic (peg anyway), so I don't know if I'd be doing site injects of it anyway.

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
Yes, the antibiotics you get at petco/petsmart and the like will work just fine.

BUT, I think it is just irritated from the AA. Watch it for a few days.

You did swab the top of the vials before pulling it right? The fridge is kind of a nasty place. Also, after going into the MGF vial and the BW vial, the needle is pretty well dulled. Did you wiggle it around during the inject any? Might not be a lot of muscle for the water to go in your forearm. I realize some is local, so lets not get into semantics, but MGF is pretty systemic (peg anyway), so I don't know if I'd be doing site injects of it anyway.
I don't think it's irritated by the AA because I backload with a lot more BW than I used to. Maybe it's because I put so much fluid in that forearm over the course of 2 days (I've been backloading with a lot more B-12 or BW than I used to.

I did wiggle the needle arouned some (well I rotated it so I could read the numbers, didn't 'wiggle' it) but I have done that before in other injection sites. I have gotten bruising from injecting before but never this.

Thanks for the reply, I will watch it for the next day or 2 to see if it's improving. If not I'll order some 500mg tabs of Amoxicillin. Sound like a reasonable plan?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's irritated by the AA because I backload with a lot more BW than I used to. Maybe it's because I put so much fluid in that forearm over the course of 2 days (I've been backloading with a lot more B-12 or BW than I used to.

I did wiggle the needle arouned some (well I rotated it so I could read the numbers, didn't 'wiggle' it) but I have done that before in other injection sites. I have gotten bruising from injecting before but never this.

Thanks for the reply, I will watch it for the next day or 2 to see if it's improving. If not I'll order some 500mg tabs of Amoxicillin. Sound like a reasonable plan?

Yep. Sound reasonable to me. I try to keep Pharma-grade Keflex and Amox on hand, just in case...

Petco carries both Amoxicillin and Keflex (cephalexin) in the aquarium section.

You did swab all vial tops right?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Have used the "fish antibiotics" w/o negative side effect. Not saying they're all "safe", just that my experience w/them was fine. Don't use antibiotics for the hell of it though. Also, if you suspect infection, I'd hop on them ASAP so it doesn't worsen. Def. order them now so you have something on hand.

Hope all is well.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Personally I doubt you have an infection. You are over injecting in those areas.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tread lightly in the use of antibiotics; whether it is Z-Packs, Amox, Keflex or otherwise. The overuse of antibiotics may build a tolerance, and severely limit your ability to be treated in a time of need. This is not incredibly likely, simply remember them to use them as everything else: responsibly, and with caution.

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
Yep. Sound reasonable to me. I try to keep Pharma-grade Keflex and Amox on hand, just in case...

Petco carries both Amoxicillin and Keflex (cephalexin) in the aquarium section.

You did swab all vial tops right?
Yes, I swab vial tops and inject sites.

BTW the redness has reduced significantly since last night, kind of a light pinkish now, not very noticible, so things are looking good. The area is still a little swollen though (either that or I am going to order a truck load of peg mgf if I got that much growth from one shot lol)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is the redness blotchy or streaky? That's one manner in which to differentiate between infection and irritation.

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
Personally I doubt you have an infection. You are over injecting in those areas.
I think this is probably it, although nothing happened to my left forearm and the sole difference was 2 shots of 100mcg each of peg mgf about 3 inches apart, a total ~ .45cc of fluid the day before the reaction in my right anterior forearm.

I did 2 shots of lr3 igf the day of the reaction in each forearm and my left was fine.

Do you think/know if it makes a difference with respect to how much fluid you inject vs. the frequency with which you pin? Like if I cut back on the BA/B12 I am backloading with?(I've been using like 10x or more rather than 4x)

Also, the mgf is reconstituted with BA anway- can that be shot without any additional backloading and will the reduction in overall fluid injected make a difference?

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
Have used the "fish antibiotics" w/o negative side effect. Not saying they're all "safe", just that my experience w/them was fine. Don't use antibiotics for the hell of it though. Also, if you suspect infection, I'd hop on them ASAP so it doesn't worsen. Def. order them now so you have something on hand.

Hope all is well.
I found a place that sells injectible penicillin too, do you think it's worth picking this up as well or no?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I found a place that sells injectible penicillin too, do you think it's worth picking this up as well or no?
Sorry dewd, I can't comment from that from experience. I think you're injecting enough "stuff" right now if you ask me. Just another portal of entry for bacteria (injecting something else). Orals should do you fine I think.

-Papa!-