Reconstituted - IGF won't dissolve!

unoigo

Awards
Ok guys, hopefully this is the last post. Followed RebBaron/ PapaPump's instruction for making AA and reconstituting the IGF. I dribbled the AA solution down the side of the vial and gentley rolled the vial back and forth in my hands. It's been over 30 mins and the IGF has not dissolved.

Is this common? Once it's fully dissolved should the solution look clear?

Thanks!

magic8ball

Awards
Yes, it should be clear. What are you seeing? Is it cloudy or clumpy, or what?

unoigo

Awards
it's a little cloudy but mainly there are a few clumps in it......

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
it's a little cloudy but mainly there are a few clumps in it......
Cloudy or undissolved peptide is definitely not a good sign. This usually means that the peptide is damaged/denaturated and no longer holds the properties that would allow it to dissolve properly in its ideal solvent.
It could also possibly be a peptide that has properties not suited to the acidity of 100mM AA.

Now, I cannot vouch for your IGF or if it is in fact IGF as I do not know where it came from.
I can also not vouch for your AA as I did not make it myself, but if you followed the AA guides properly that should have turned out fine, not much you can really mess up there but some math which would not likely cause the problems you are having IMO.

Also, there have been reports of some chinese IGF-1 that has been produced in such a way that it did not dissolve in AA as it ideally should. Not sure what that IGF was buffered in that causes this reaction. Maybe someone that has some more knowledge on this issue could chime in.
I myself have never received IGF that exhibited this issue...

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Cloudy or undissolved peptide is definitely not a good sign. This usually means that the peptide is damaged/denaturated and no longer holds the properties that would allow it to dissolve properly in its ideal solvent.
It could also possibly be a peptide that has properties not suited to the acidity of 100mM AA.

Now, I cannot vouch for your IGF or if it is in fact IGF as I do not know where it came from.
I can also not vouch for your AA as I did not make it myself, but if you followed the AA guides properly that should have turned out fine, not much you can really mess up there but some math which would not likely cause the problems you are having IMO.

Also, there have been reports of some chinese IGF-1 that has been produced in such a way that it did not dissolve in AA as it ideally should. Not sure what that IGF was buffered in that causes this reaction. Maybe someone that has some more knowledge on this issue could chime in.
I myself have never received IGF that exhibited this issue...
cant comment except to say my Chinese IGF DOES dissolve fine in AA but of course theresa few sources of it over there.

unoigo

Awards
Thanks for the replies. I will say the it was purchased from a very reputable source on many boards and I'm quite sure the source for some members here.

Think I should run it and see what happens? It couldn't hurt could it?

Also, as of this morning, there are no clumps.. only very small particles that sit at the bottom of the vial. When I turn the vial upside down, it almost looks like a suspension.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies. I will say the it was purchased from a very reputable source on many boards and I'm quite sure the source for some members here.

Think I should run it and see what happens? It couldn't hurt could it?

Also, as of this morning, there are no clumps.. only very small particles that sit at the bottom of the vial. When I turn the vial upside down, it almost looks like a suspension.
if it was me personally i would run it as thats me. but others would say dnt risk it.
you will have to make the call i guess, but if source is good then should be fine.

unoigo

Awards
So I mixed my second vial and the same thing occurred. Very fine particles not dissolving. I email my source and the response I got was this..... "it it not a sign of denatured or unstable product. And in comparison, HGH has
similiar qualities with no problems. Please complete your research, then contact me if you have questions or concerns.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
So I mixed my second vial and the same thing occurred. Very fine particles not dissolving. I email my source and the response I got was this..... "it it not a sign of denatured or unstable product. And in comparison, HGH has
similiar qualities with no problems. Please complete your research, then contact me if you have questions or concerns.
I disagree with your source on HGH info. See the common warning on pharma HGH:

As per Eli Lilly for Humatrope:

If your mixed Humatrope is cloudy or contains any particles, it should not be injected
for Saizen:

DO NOT INJECT Saizen® if the reconstituted product is cloudy immediately after reconstitution or refrigeration.
For Genotropin:

Do not use Genotropin if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I disagree with your source on HGH info. See the common warning on pharma HGH:

As per Eli Lilly for Humatrope:

for Saizen:

For Genotropin:
Ya, I would never use anything that has particulate matter in it. Great support info Bobas-dood. My IGF-1 is crystal clear. Just the way I like it! :D

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I would never use anything that has particulate matter in it. Great support info Bobas-dood. My IGF-1 is crystal clear. Just the way I like it! :D
i dont think anyone expected he who uses a new slin pin per site and considers sterile gloves. :p

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
...Very fine particles not dissolving. ...
Sonication should dissolve the particles. It is the last "safe" avenue you have left...

How do I...? What do I need...? Can I just use my speaker & turn the bass up...? :) You'll figure it out.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
How do I...? What do I need...? Can I just use my speaker & turn the bass up...? :) You'll figure it out.
I knew that vibrator would come in handy! ummm, nevermind.. lol

Actually Dat, that is very interesting suggestion, but IMO, only if the reason for not dissolving is not due to the peptide being denatured/damaged...

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
I knew that vibrator would come in handy! ummm, nevermind.. lol
"I'll take one "Big Johnny - multi speed 'Size Queen' version in the color neon green" on sale for $19.99 please ...oh and this pack of gum", he sheepishly says to the cashier.

Noticing the look of disgust on the cashier's face he quickly adds "...its for...its for my peptide."

Smiling the cashier responds "...yeh...my wife complains about the lack of pep in my tide too." :)

Actually Dat, that is very interesting suggestion, but IMO, only if the reason for not dissolving is not due to the peptide being denatured/damaged...
True Dat! I can't even imagine destroying ...not one but two vials. Lets all bow our heads and pray to the god of peptides that everything will turn out okay for this chap.

Hey Bob it you inject cloudy peptides does that mean you'll end up with cloudy eyes or just a cloudy head? Hey Bob if your peptide is denatured but you are good natured will it still work? Hey Bob are you really Bob Newhart?

unoigo

Awards
Alright, so here is a follow-up response from my source...

What you described earlier may be from some heat. Again, it will not denature but can cause powder to stick to sides of vial. Completely normal.

I also received this response from a well respected vet on many boards. I will not name drop though.....

May want to add more AA up to 4mls.

igf-1 these days is different and all for safety purposes.

won't go into details just trust me and add more AA

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so here is a follow-up response from my source...

What you described earlier may be from some heat. Again, it will not denature but can cause powder to stick to sides of vial. Completely normal.

I also received this response from a well respected vet on many boards. I will not name drop though.....

May want to add more AA up to 4mls.

igf-1 these days is different and all for safety purposes.

won't go into details just trust me and add more AA

I agree that is sound advice as you could not possibly make the situation any worse IMO.

True if your AA mix may have been off or the peptide is buffered with something different than most processes. I do not actually believe this has anything to do with the IGF-1lr3 peptide chain. Rather with the numerous different possible fillers/buffers that the peptide is mixed with. All these affect the final solutions properties...

I would take some white vin in a syringe/filter and gradually add a drop by drop into the vial until you possibly see some reaction rahter than just adding 4ml off the bat...

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I agree that is sound advice as you could not possibly make the situation any worse IMO.

True if your AA mix may have been off or the peptide is buffered with something different than most processes. I do not actually believe this has anything to do with the IGF-1lr3 peptide chain. Rather with the numerous different possible fillers/buffers that the peptide is mixed with. All these affect the final solutions properties...

I would take some white vin in a syringe/filter and gradually add a drop by drop into the vial until you possibly see some reaction rahter than just adding 4ml off the bat...
Whatever you do, keep track of the volume of additional AA you'll add so you know the final concentration of IGF-1/AA.

ABiLiTY

ABiLiTY

Awards
  • Established
Im having the same problem with my igf-1. I've reconned it 3,4 times without a problem. This time it is not mixing, it is cloudy and clumpy when shaken. When left alone it becomes a solid again.
i dont kno what the hell is going on.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
I know why this is happening but for security reasons I am not going to elaborate. Suffice to say, continue to incrementally add AA until it properly dissolves. Also 176 frag is cloudy when dissolved (not that I am saying you have 176, Im just stating that not all peptides dissolve crystal clear).

bb

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
mixed w/ 176? Source issues? Extra filler?

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
I know why this is happening but for security reasons I am not going to elaborate. Suffice to say, continue to incrementally add AA until it properly dissolves. Also 176 frag is cloudy when dissolved (not that I am saying you have 176, Im just stating that not all peptides dissolve crystal clear).

bb
Lets get this straight really quick. I am not at all stating his igf is mixed with 176. Nor do I believe that this is an issue with the purity of the igf peptide. Nor do I believe that this is an indication of denatured peptide or poor quality or problems with lypholization (sp?). There is a reason why this is occuring and its NOT a 'problem' or issue and I will not elaborate any further b/c I believe its in the best interest of this community not to elaborate any further.

bb

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Lets get this straight really quick. I am not at all stating his igf is mixed with 176. Nor do I believe that this is an issue with the purity of the igf peptide. Nor do I believe that this is an indication of denatured peptide or poor quality or problems with lypholization (sp?). There is a reason why this is occuring and its NOT a 'problem' or issue and I will not elaborate any further b/c I believe its in the best interest of this community not to elaborate any further.

bb
Thanks BB. Your knowledge on this topic and the "state of the current practice of the art" are triple "A".

Thank you bro for telling guys what they need to know... which is their IGF-1 isn't bad because of reconstitution issues ...things change and that is "the state of the state". :)

No need to elaborate BB your help I'm sure is greatly appreciated and will be of benefit to all who come across this thread with lumpy cloudy peptides. :thumbsup: