IGF Storage

unoigo

Awards
First let me say I'm glad I found this site as this seems to be the most active IGF forum out there.

I've been doing my research and haven't been able to come to a conclusion on the best method to store IGF.

I have 2 vials, 1 vial will be reconstituted with AA and used over over 14 weeks. I plan to store it in the refridgerator.

Now my second via won't be used until November roughly 20+ weeks. Should it be placed in the freezer in lypo form? Should I go ahead and reconstitute it? I know there are a lot of conflicting recommendation on long term storage so I'm looking for personal feedback from users. Oh, I've seen the Gropep study.

Thanks guys!

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
First let me say I'm glad I found this site as this seems to be the most active IGF forum out there.

I've been doing my research and haven't been able to come to a conclusion on the best method to store IGF.

I have 2 vials, 1 vial will be reconstituted with AA and used over over 14 weeks. I plan to store it in the refridgerator.

Now my second via won't be used until November roughly 20+ weeks. Should it be placed in the freezer in lypo form? Should I go ahead and reconstitute it? I know there are a lot of conflicting recommendation on long term storage so I'm looking for personal feedback from users. Oh, I've seen the Gropep study.

Thanks guys!

Keep it in the fridge since most lypholized peptides such as IGF-1 and MGF do well with this temp range.

Gropep recommends this for their IGF Analogs:

Stability / Storage: Peptides in the lyophilized state should be stored at 2-4° C and are stable for at least 2 years, or 6 months at room temperature¹.

unoigo

Awards
Keep it in the fridge since most lypholized peptides such as IGF-1 and MGF do well with this temp range.

Gropep recommends this for their IGF Analogs:
Thanks for the reply. So you recommend just putting it in the fridge in lypo form until ready for use. As a note, the mfg I purchased from states the following:

Storage: Lyophilized Long-R3-IGF-I although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply. So you recommend just putting it in the fridge in lypo form until ready for use. As a note, the mfg I purchased from states the following:

Storage: Lyophilized Long-R3-IGF-I although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC.
-18 celsius is -0.4 F. FYI on that. Regarding desiccation (removal of ambient moisture), there isn't much you can do in regards to the internal lyophilized IGF since it's in a sealed, sterile vial. You COULD put the vial in a secondary sealable container (tupperware) and in the 2ndary contaniner you could add desiccant packet(s), but the manufacturer-supplied vial should be air tight and be in a vacuum.

Note: You can get desiccant packets from vitamin bottles that you've used up. They are the little white packets often found in the bottles.

unoigo

Awards
-18 celsius is -0.4 F. FYI on that. Regarding desiccation (removal of ambient moisture), there isn't much you can do in regards to the internal lyophilized IGF since it's in a sealed, sterile vial. You COULD put the vial in a secondary sealable container (tupperware) and in the 2ndary contaniner you could add desiccant packet(s), but the manufacturer-supplied vial should be air tight and be in a vacuum.

Note: You can get desiccant packets from vitamin bottles that you've used up. They are the little white packets often found in the bottles.
Yea, -18C is pretty darn cold, my freezer can't touch that.

BTW: nice beginners guide you made, it came in very handy.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Yea, -18C is pretty darn cold, my freezer can't touch that.

BTW: nice beginners guide you made, it came in very handy.
Oh, great that you found my guide handy. Read up, pass that baby along :D

unoigo

Awards
Alright, one more question….. So I train in the evenings. I pack my bag, throw it in the car and go to the gym immediately after work. Would a preloaded syringe stay potent for 10 hrs in the car? Thx again

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Alright, one more question….. So I train in the evenings. I pack my bag, throw it in the car and go to the gym immediately after work. Would a preloaded syringe stay potent for 10 hrs in the car? Thx again

MMMMM HMMM...it would be ok for 10 hrs. 24hr. max I believe. But, the sooner you use it, the better. I cannot say for sure, but potency (activity of the peptide) and time in BW are inversely related. So, the longer IGF-1 is in BW, the less activity it may have.

Why can't you pre-load w/IGF-1/AA and bring BW along and back-load when needed? I'm assuming it's a time thing...you want to swab, pin, get out.

unoigo

Awards
I wouldn't preload with BW, I would preload with it in AA and take my BW with me. When it's time, add the BW, swap and pin. Just wasn't sure the AA soultion is enough to preserve the potency while it's in my car in 90+ degrees for a few hours.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't preload with BW, I would preload with it in AA and take my BW with me. When it's time, add the BW, swap and pin. Just wasn't sure the AA soultion is enough to preserve the potency while it's in my car in 90+ degrees for a few hours.
Hold your horses muh man. Is your ALL of your IGF-1 reconned in AA (0.6%)? If you're simply pre-filling a slinpin with pre-reconstituted IGF-1/AA solution, it will be absolutely fine (exception below).

To get nit-picky, the longer a peptide is in contact with plastic (ie, the syringe body), the greater the change of binding/absorption may occur.

I work in the plastics industry and we make plastic "stuff" for medical device companies. This is always a topic....adsorption of biomolecules to the plastic substrate/surface.

Is the adsorption of IGF-1 to syringe plastic huge? Probably not. It is of relevance? Most likely. Should you panic or get an ulcer from stressing over it? No. Just something to keep in mind. Plastic-based syringes have gone through a gauntlet of stability, leeching, adsoprtion, etc tests so they're compatible with proteins (ie, insulin). But I do not know whether or not syringe manufacturers have done "10 hour stability tests" regarding proteins in syringes :D

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Just preload and dilute it BW before you leave for the gym. It will be fine for the duratiuon of your workout. No reason to muck around with diluting at the gym/car...
Get a cooled lunch carrier w/ cold pack and keep it in there while working out...

Last edited:
papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Just preload and dilutenwit BW before you leave for the gym. It will be fine for the duratiuon of your workout. No reason to muck around with diluting at the gym/car...
Get a cooled lunch carrier w/ cold pack and keep it in there while working out...

^^^ Eloquently put.....do this! :dance:

unoigo

Awards
Alright, I had to go ahead and reconst my second vial. (see post: "IGF won't dissolve") My question is, how long will the reconst vial keep it's potency if kept in the fridge? thx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
papapumpsd IGF-1/GH 5
IGF-1/GH 17
phaeton66 IGF-1/GH 6
IGF-1/GH 5
IGF-1/GH 8