Would this LR3 IGF rotation be too much?

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
I'm a newbie and am not in good shape. Recently lost a lot of weight and changed my nutition, learing about diet, lifting, bodybuidling, steroids, pct, peptides, etc.

I'm currently 244lbs, 6'2" prob 25% bf, maybe more. I've been using 40mcg bilaterally, second dose today. 1st was in my anterior forearms then in my bi's. I'm thinking today about the possibility of just rotating between anterior forearms, bicepts, then posterior forearms. That's it. Just those 3 muscle groups. Is that a bad idea? Will the injections be too localized (i.e. only my arms). I'm thinking of running 1mg this way then taking a 30 day break and cracking into another mg wiht injection sites TBD.

Thoughts? I 'mostly want to know if it would be safe to do this, if there are increased risks or things to be aware of doing this vs adding in my pecs and delts or something.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Why are you so focused on your forearms and arms in general? I think this is a suboptimal strategy Nubie. Ideally, you want to pin PWO in a muscle group that was trained. The assumption is that you work biceps and forearms once per week. If this is true, then your protocol will have you pinning unworked muscles (biceps and forearms) many times per week.

For clarity sake, what is your workout schedule like?

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
Why are you so focused on your forearms and arms in general? I think this is a suboptimal strategy Nubie. Ideally, you want to pin PWO in a muscle group that was trained. The assumption is that you work biceps and forearms once per week. If this is true, then your protocol will have you pinning unworked muscles (biceps and forearms) many times per week.

For clarity sake, what is your workout schedule like?
I don't have a consistent workout schedule, and my workouts are my weak point. I only workout 1 or 2 muscle groups per session, and workout 4-5 days/week.

I do not workout my lower body at this point, no quads, no hams, no calfs (calfs really don't need it they are ahead of everything else). Also, I do not workout my back at present.

[I realize all this is less than ideal and unorthodox, I"m 41 and just getting back into wt training]

So my workout happen at home and last 20-40 minutes/day.

I rotate body parts so I"m not working aobut a muscle group that is still in any pain from recouperation.

I did anterior forearms and upper and low abs Sunday and injected the forearms that day.

Today I did only bicepts and injected. I workout at home so ripped the hell out of the and was pinning inside of 2 minutes of pumping the hell out of each bicep.

Tomorrow will likely be chest and tricepts or chest and obliques.
Next day either day off or shoulders and traps, or shoulders and obliques (if I don't hit them the day previous) or shoulders and posterior forearms- injecting there.

So the only muscle groups I am training at present are bi's, tri's, shoulders, pecs, upper and lower abs, obliques, and traps (as well as hitting my forearms specifically periodically-something i am considering doing with increasing frequency in order to hit them with the IGF. I realize this is unorthodox and I am blowing off core lifting as well as legs.

But keep in mind that I am 41 and am just getting back into exercising for the first time in 25 years. So I am in no rush to hit my whole body and it's not exactly like I have a full muscular upper body and tiny legs. I plan to set up a more well rounded and complete exersize regimin after some more wt loss and confidence with some additional improvement in my upper body.

I"m not sure if it's my age, my long time away from any wt lifting, or my very simple equipment at home at present which basically prevents me from doing back exercises or core exercises that are worth while given my limited size dumbells.

Longer range I plan to get some heavier dumbbells and then as long as I stick with lifting, join a gym in 6 months or so.

I know that was somewhat unclear, I did the best i could. I wouldn't mind disproportionally developing my forearms and bicepts over the short term, in part to judge the effectiveness of LR3 for me b/c I have read it has limited effectiveness for older folks so this could give me greater insight into it's effectiveness for me.

Hope that helps and feel free to provide any constructive criticism. I realize doing 1 or 2 muscle groups per workout is less than almost everyone. I'm not sure if it's my age, my 25 years of no exercise, or some lazyness. I do pay pretty good attn to my supplements and do the best I can with nutrition but do have slips (I lost 50+ lbs of fat in the past 6 months)

Within the next year, so long as I keep up with the lifting I plan on joining a gym and developing a more comprehensive workout, given my very long break from wroking out i think it's a little premature to make that plunge at present. I'd prefer to stick to home workouts, plus when using IGF I can pump the hell out a muscle and inject it in the privacy of my own home withit a minute of beating he helll out of it to the point of shaking.

Hope this info helps, I realize it's not organized in any classical sense.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Well Nubie, I am quite surprised at your decision to use IGF-1 when your workouts and diet have not been dialed in. This is, as you have stated, unorthodox. I understand this is your decision but my criticism should be taken as the constructive type.

I think your use of IGF-1 in your current condition is very suboptimal. I firmly believe you should join a gym, get your workouts squared away and get your diet in check. IGF-1 isn't a "quick fix", nor should it be used as a "motivational" catalyst, IMO.

You haven't been in to the gym in 20+ yrs. You have natural potential that is untapped yet (as you may have alluded to previously). It's always recommended that you natually (non-exogenously, so-to-speak) build your physique.

You stated, "Within the next year, so long as I keep up with the lifting I plan on joining a gym and developing a more comprehensive workout, given my very long break from wroking out i think it's a little premature to make that plunge at present."

This is a key phrase. You are basically stating that A) you are unsure if you will be working out within the next year (question your long-term plan with lifting and IGF-1), and B) joining a gym is a more involved, important decision than using IGF-1.

Both A) & B) above are slippery slopes to be on my friend. If you are unsure if you'll be lifting w/in the next year, you are not in the lifestyle nor mindset to be using IGF-1. This compound is for long-term gains/results. Also, if you think it's premature to join a gym, yet "ok" to use IGF-1, you are sorely mistaken.

It is apparent to me you have not planned out a long-term strategy for reaching your goal(s). I think you're using IGF-1 for reasons other than what IGF-1 really should be used for (hyperplasia). Please take all of this as constructive criticism. This is my round-about way of recommending that you put IGF-1 on hold and get your workouts, gym membership, diet, long-term strategy,etc. figured out. You have much research to do my friend.

Why did you choose to run IGF-1 without your workouts and diet being dialed in? What is your motivation? This is key....please advise.

In closure, let me provide an analogy of what you're doing.

You own a car that used to race in the Indy 500 decades ago. Now you want to get back in the race. Instead of building upon/improving the aged car's core components (chasis, tuning suspension, electronics, tire upgrades, etc.)
and developing a race strategy to compete with the changing times/track conditions, you choose to simply put in rocket fuel and hope that this upgrade alone will get you to the finish line ahead of the others.

Problem: Without a sturdy core (physical and mental) and strategy for getting you to that checkered flag, all the rocket fuel in the world won't due you any good. You will only spin your 20 yr old tires, blow a motor, or end up on the wall.

Hope that makes sense. I didn't mean to over analyze your situation, but thought more than average input was necessary here given the odd situation at hand.

-Cheers-

-Papa!-

Newbie40plus

Newbie40plus

Awards
Well Nubie, I am quite surprised at your decision to use IGF-1 when your workouts and diet have not been dialed in. This is, as you have stated, unorthodox. I understand this is your decision but my criticism should be taken as the constructive type.

I think your use of IGF-1 in your current condition is very suboptimal. I firmly believe you should join a gym, get your workouts squared away and get your diet in check. IGF-1 isn't a "quick fix", nor should it be used as a "motivational" catalyst, IMO.

You haven't been in to the gym in 20+ yrs. You have natural potential that is untapped yet (as you may have alluded to previously). It's always recommended that you natually (non-exogenously, so-to-speak) build your physique.

You stated, "Within the next year, so long as I keep up with the lifting I plan on joining a gym and developing a more comprehensive workout, given my very long break from wroking out i think it's a little premature to make that plunge at present."

This is a key phrase. You are basically stating that A) you are unsure if you will be working out within the next year (question your long-term plan with lifting and IGF-1), and B) joining a gym is a more involved, important decision than using IGF-1.

Both A) & B) above are slippery slopes to be on my friend. If you are unsure if you'll be lifting w/in the next year, you are not in the lifestyle nor mindset to be using IGF-1. This compound is for long-term gains/results. Also, if you think it's premature to join a gym, yet "ok" to use IGF-1, you are sorely mistaken.

It is apparent to me you have not planned out a long-term strategy for reaching your goal(s). I think you're using IGF-1 for reasons other than what IGF-1 really should be used for (hyperplasia). Please take all of this as constructive criticism. This is my round-about way of recommending that you put IGF-1 on hold and get your workouts, gym membership, diet, long-term strategy,etc. figured out. You have much research to do my friend.

Why did you choose to run IGF-1 without your workouts and diet being dialed in? What is your motivation? This is key....please advise.

In closure, let me provide an analogy of what you're doing.

You own a car that used to race in the Indy 500 decades ago. Now you want to get back in the race. Instead of building upon/improving the aged car's core components (chasis, tuning suspension, electronics, tire upgrades, etc.)
and developing a race strategy to compete with the changing times/track conditions, you choose to simply put in rocket fuel and hope that this upgrade alone will get you to the finish line ahead of the others.

Problem: Without a sturdy core (physical and mental) and strategy for getting you to that checkered flag, all the rocket fuel in the world won't due you any good. You will only spin your 20 yr old tires, blow a motor, or end up on the wall.

Hope that makes sense. I didn't mean to over analyze your situation, but thought more than average input was necessary here given the odd situation at hand.

-Cheers-

-Papa!-
I appreciate you taking the time to give me that feedback.

How bad is my diet? That 'cake' eating happens once every 5-6 weeks.

Past 24 hrs meals:

1- 1 1/2 hr pre workout yesterday
chicken breast
brocolli
1/2 potato

creatine drink

short workout

2banana's
60 grams whey protein

cake

tuna
asparagus
tbsp all nat peanut butter
fish oil

pre bed time
50grams casein protein
10grams whey protein

am:
cup oats
banana
3oz fat free milk
tbsp nat peanut butter
1/2 tub fat free cottage cheese

fishoil
green drink

1/2 tub ff cottage cheese
cup pinto beans
2 tbsp all nat peanut butter

chicken breast
1/5 box protein enriched pasta
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

also ~ 8+ 16oz bottle of H2O throughout the day

How bad does that look for a sample day? I've only been learning to tweak my diet for 2 months, the above isn't bad right? I mean the cake thing happens less than 1x/month. I realize I don't have grams fat/protein/carbs down but I am monitoring my physical appearance and weight.

As for long term goal: 35" waist, ~8-12% bf, wt. ~ 250lbs.

To get there: continue with my current rotine short term. Improve and tweak my diet as I learn more. Keep with ligher weights for the short term to be safe (next cpl months) then go heavier but continue to workout at home next 4-6 months. Join gym and do more comprehensive body workouts. Add in anavar cycle at this time. Continue to read and learn and tweak as I go.

I am fine with my use of any substances being sub optimal. I am concerned about risk factors but sub optimal I can accept without a prob.

Does my diet look like a big weak point?

I realize my workout routine is very sub optimal and my plan is to build that up over time just like my plan is to tweak my diet over time as I learn more.

Am I really going to experience no hyperplasia with IGF b/c of my above diet or b/c I only do 1-2 body parts per session instead of 3 or b/c I haven't maxed out naturally first?

So I"m using chemicals prematurely. What are the actual risks I face that people who max out naturally don't face? I'm not going to slam myself with tren and blow a tendon.

If I went to a youth dr and got test cyp shots and hgh would that be bad?

If I happen to have a tumor I don't know about, well that can be the case for anyone can't it? As far as not being sure if I will be working out in a year, I have every intention to, I simply don't want to state emphatically that I will, as I can not predict the future and since I used to be quite fat and only recently changed that I am saying that to be realistic.

In dec 07 my diet was:

8 cups coffee

2 breakfasts at burger king

lunch at burger king

whole pizza for dinner

1/2 lb pasta smothered in jared tomato sauce 8 pm

1/2 lb pasta smothered in jared tomato sauce11pm

Maybe I will reach my goal and maybe I will not. I'm on my way as of today. I would really like to know concretely what risks IGF poses to me that are not faced by people with better diets and muscular phsyiques.

Also since I plan to use anavar in the future what risks are posed to me that are not posed to individuals with better diets and much better physiques than me?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
IGF-1/GH 2
Anabolics 1
Supplements 3
Supplements 0