Cardio & IGF-1

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have input regarding doing cardio while on IGF-1lr3? I plan on doing a couple days of power-walking (~45min.) each week. Or is cardio looked down upon while "on"?

I'm so used to doing cardio and getting outside that maybe a couple days of light stuff will be ok. ?????

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Should be fine. I've done light cardio while taking Igf. No problem here,

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have input regarding doing cardio while on IGF-1lr3? I plan on doing a couple days of power-walking (~45min.) each week. Or is cardio looked down upon while "on"?

I'm so used to doing cardio and getting outside that maybe a couple days of light stuff will be ok. ?????
There is no distinct correlation between the two... Kinda like asking if you should do cardio while "on" vitamins :)

IGF proliferates/differentiates via muscle stem cells receptor agonism, whether you do cardio or not.

Quite different unless you are asking if you should inject IGF immediately pre cardio on an empty stomach, then hypo could give you a fun cardio experience, but that would be ridiculous to do in the 1st place :D

Another common question in this ballpark might be this:

"What if I usually do cardio after my weights, when do I inject IGF?!"
" Do I inject PWO (weights) and take my PWO shake, then do cardio, or do Cardio and then my PWO shake and IGF, should I just forget the IGF?!".

My simple answer there: Dont do cardio after weights, ever. Separate cardio and weights in the same day by at least 10-12 hrs, or do cardio on non weight days.
IMO that's counterproductive to what you are trying to acheive . I know some will debate this, but it still does not change the mechanics of these two protocols IMO.
Weights do one thing and need their own optimum regimen with respect to diet, and Cardio/Fat burning has completely different requirements. My reasoning there is you want a PWO shake immediately PWO with weights to resupply Muscle Glycogen/aminos and be in an anabolic not catabolic state, and you never want to load up on carbs just before cardio because you are totally wasting your time as your body will tend to burn the easy access to plasma glucose/aminos and also insulin will blunt any possible lipolysis to a degree. You'd be basically "stealing" the PWO glucose and aminos from your muscles, and burning it for fuel calories instead...
In short, IGF needs to be taken with PWO shake... You don't want to do this before cardio for the reasons stated, and you dont want to do it after "post weight lifting cardio" because you will lose the optimum window of receptor saturation from the weight lifting if you wait that long.

Anyhow sorry for the digression and kinda off topic rant. It was just something on my mind. :)

BTW, I like turtles :D (Some may get it some may just think I'm a whack job)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I get it but I still think you are a whack job.:D

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
There is no distinct correlation between the two... Kinda like asking if you should do cardio while "on" vitamins :)

IGF proliferates/differentiates via muscle stem cells receptor agonism, whether you do cardio or not.

Quite different unless you are asking if you should inject IGF immediately pre cardio on an empty stomach, then hypo could give you a fun cardio experience, but that would be ridiculous to do in the 1st place :D

Another common question in this ballpark might be this:

"What if I usually do cardio after my weights, when do I inject IGF?!"
" Do I inject PWO (weights) and take my PWO shake, then do cardio, or do Cardio and then my PWO shake and IGF, should I just forget the IGF?!".

My simple answer there: Dont do cardio after weights, ever. Separate cardio and weights in the same day by at least 10-12 hrs, or do cardio on non weight days.
IMO that's counterproductive to what you are trying to acheive . I know some will debate this, but it still does not change the mechanics of these two protocols IMO.
Weights do one thing and need their own optimum regimen with respect to diet, and Cardio/Fat burning has completely different requirements. My reasoning there is you want a PWO shake immediately PWO with weights to resupply Muscle Glycogen/aminos and be in an anabolic not catabolic state, and you never want to load up on carbs just before cardio because you are totally wasting your time as your body will tend to burn the easy access to plasma glucose/aminos and also insulin will blunt any possible lipolysis to a degree. You'd be basically "stealing" the PWO glucose and aminos from your muscles, and burning it for fuel calories instead...
In short, IGF needs to be taken with PWO shake... You don't want to do this before cardio for the reasons stated, and you dont want to do it after "post weight lifting cardio" because you will lose the optimum window of receptor saturation from the weight lifting if you wait that long.

Anyhow sorry for the digression and kinda off topic rant. It was just something on my mind. :)

BTW, I like turtles :D (Some may get it some may just think I'm a whack job)
Ok, sounds good to me! :D I wasn't sure that if by doing cardio I may be burning precious cals that would be needed to grow muscle tissue. It sounds as though I can (if timed correctly). I will do light walking on some non-workout days as I will get bored sitting around the house. I also like getting outside. Thanks for the good reply! :woohoo: