Bacteriostatic water vs. sterile water: Reconstitution

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I have another question, this time about BW vs. sterile water.

1. When reconstituting IGF-1lr3 (when it it is its lyophilized form), do you use sterile water, or bacteriostatic water (BW)?

2. For back-loading the slinpin, which do you use?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
You don't use either to reconstitute it. You use AA, wich is a .6% solution of acetic acid. You use Bac.Water to backload the pin.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
You don't use either to reconstitute it. You use AA, wich is a .6% solution of acetic acid. You use Bac.Water to backload the pin.
Sorry Red, I was ambiguous with my 1st post. I'm diluting my AA (vinegar) to get to 0.6% AA. Should I dilute with sterile water (USP grade) or BW?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Ahh I get it. Just use distilled water. It will be purified when you filter it and the vinegar through the .2um filter.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Ahh I get it. Just use distilled water. It will be purified when you filter it and the vinegar through the .2um filter.
Got it, thank you brother man. I have 0.22um Watmans coming soon. I also have sterile water for injection coming soon too, just in case I need it for whatever reason. I'm big on sterility. :D

Ok, off to pick up some white vinegar, distilled water, and a bottle of alcohol (I rub my exam gloves in isopropy alcohol prior to mixing anything) ;D