IGF-1lr3: Lyophilized or in AA? How does it come?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
If you know which "brands" come lyophilized and which come reconstituted in AA, please let me know. I have heard of some people getting their reagent and they were surprised it didn't come in AA (or visa versa).

Thanks!

:woohoo:

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
i would be wary of any premixed igf, no matter where it comes from.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
did not receive mine reconstituted... now I need to find some .6% AA... which is apparently really hard to come by.
hard to come by? google for syringe filter or buy on ebay.

The calculation:
Distilled white vinegar is supposed to be standardized to ~5% acetic acid, which would make it 850mM. To get it to the recommended 100mM, you'd want 11.76% white vinegar (100mM/850mM = 11.76%). Since it would be almost impossible to draw out 11.76IU's, I round this to 12, which is certainly going to be close to our desired 100mM.

The filtering process:
I use off the shelf grocery store distilled white vinegar. In order to ensure safety, I filter it using .20u whatman filters. Here is the step by step for those that may not be familiar with filtering using whatmans. What you will want to have on hand before starting out is some sterile vials, some .20u whatman filters, some syringes and needles (I use a 10cc syringe, and .23 gauge 1" needles), and some alcohol swabs.

(1) First draw up about 10cc of the distilled white vinegar
(2) screw on the .20u whatman to the 10cc syringe (or whatever size you use)
(3) screw on a .23 gauge needle (or whatever size you decide to use)
(4) take your sterile vial, swab the top with alcohol, insert a needle for venting.
(5) Insert your syringe/whatman/needle apparatus and slowly push the 10cc's into the sterile vial.

Now you have safe vinegar to use for your reconstituting.

ALTERNATE METHOD - Alternately, you could simply mix your water and distilled white vinegar before filtering using about 7.5 parts of water per 1 part of distilled white vinegar. After mixing these together in this ratio, run the mixture through your .20u whatman as above. You will end up with a vial of dilutent this way that has the proper PH for use with your IGF-1.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
hard to come by? google for syringe filter or buy on ebay.

.6% (100mM) AA in this concentration is literally impossible to find. No chemical/lab supply places even carry this concentration. Sure you can find tons of AA at many molar ratios and %, but not this particular one. Beleive me, I've looked high and low at dozens of various places.
There used to be one place (Mojo) that sold .6% solo, but Mojo went out of business, unfortunately.
Many Places used to provide the sepreate AA in IGF-1 kits, but this practice has died down due to some 'legal" reasons, or just to be safe and not appear to be selling for human injection. I'm still not sure of this reasoning, as you need to recon peptides to inject into lab research animals, but go figure... Just bizaar.
There is one place that will be carrying .6% (100mM) AA very soon as they just received permission to carry reagents!
Until then, using the homebrew method is actually very simple and cost effective. All you need is a sterile vial, .22 filter, and some syringes.

Take Care.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
.6% (100mM) AA in this concentration is literally impossible to find. No chemical/lab supply places even carry this concentration. Sure you can find tons of AA at many molar ratios and %, but not this particular one. Beleive me, I've looked high and low at dozens of various places.
There used to be one place (Mojo) that sold .6% solo, but Mojo went out of business, unfortunately.
Many Places used to provide the sepreate AA in IGF-1 kits, but this practice has died down due to some 'legal" reasons, or just to be safe and not appear to be selling for human injection. I'm still not sure of this reasoning, as you need to recon peptides to inject into lab research animals, but go figure... Just bizaar.
There is one place that will be carrying .6% (100mM) AA very soon as they just received permission to carry reagents!
Until then, using the homebrew method is actually very simple and cost effective. All you need is a sterile vial, .22 filter, and some syringes.

Take Care.
yes bro my point was that you dont need to find it. homebrew produces the same result, sterile ~100mM acetic acid. why bother hunting around unless perhaps the person is retarded and cant do it themselves? :p

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
yes bro my point was that you dont need to find it. homebrew produces the same result, sterile ~100mM acetic acid. why bother hunting around unless perhaps the person is retarded and cant do it themselves? :p

longrob

Awards
Pumber,
My problem is I am not very skilled with syringes, interchangeable needles, and just how to use whatman filters, plus I see they are pretty expensive when bought in quantity and I don't need that many. Sorry to be so ignorant, but I could use some instructions on how to use syringe filters. Any advice?

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
rofl!:toofunny:

@longrob you can buy individually on ebay bro. mix your distilled vinegar and sterile water as per the homebrew instructions to get your desired strength of AA then draw a ml of it into a syringe. Then you attach the filter onto the end of the syringe. attach a needle onto the end of the filter and simply inject this directly into your 1mg vial of igf.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
I know, Pumber :) I make it myself too. Just that some people have an aversion to even want to try themselves... I did, until I did it myself, then I realized that is the best way to make it 30ml at a time and be good to go for a while :)

As far as people being retarded... Don't get me started. lol!
I still don't understand how that one dude shot 12ml of Humalin N!! :aargh:

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Pumber,
My problem is I am not very skilled with syringes, interchangeable needles, and just how to use whatman filters, plus I see they are pretty expensive when bought in quantity and I don't need that many. Sorry to be so ignorant, but I could use some instructions on how to use syringe filters. Any advice?
.22 omnipore 33mm syring filter.... $4.00 each
30ml Sealed sterile vial... $2.25 each
Excel 3cc syringe w/needle... $ 2.75 for 10 pack
white vinigar (grocery store) $ 3.00 32 oz.
distilled water $ 1.00 bottle

Cheap! :)

the prices above are from r*******supply.net The censored part is from a common word in this forum.

BTW, a syringe filter is just a plastic diaphram with a filter inside. It has 2 ends. One end attaches to a syringe, just like a needle. The other end attaches to the needle.
You draw the solution to be filtered without the filter, then you take off the used needle and put on the filter and a new pin (not the same pin one you drew the unfiltered solution since it would contaminate the contents of the sterile vial). Insert the filter/needle combo into the sterile vial and shot.
Done... :)

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Pumber,
Pumb, just make some homebrew and sell that damn stuff! :D HA!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Need a little input here guys. I'm looking at a reagent company's "Long-R3-IGF-I (Receptor Grade) 1mg". Here's what they say regarding storage: "Storage: Lyophilized Long-R3-IGF-I although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC.
Please avoid freeze-thaw."

So, do you have to reconstitute the IGF-1lr3 in AA right away? I sure as hell don't have a freezer for it and would rather have it be able to sit out at room temp if I could (and not worry about thawing).

Any advice here?

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Need a little input here guys. I'm looking at a reagent company's "Long-R3-IGF-I (Receptor Grade) 1mg". Here's what they say regarding storage: "Storage: Lyophilized Long-R3-IGF-I although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC.
Please avoid freeze-thaw."

So, do you have to reconstitute the IGF-1lr3 in AA right away? I sure as hell don't have a freezer for it and would rather have it be able to sit out at room temp if I could (and not worry about thawing).

Any advice here?

There are a lot of different conflicting recommendations by various suppliers, on how to store lypholized IGF as well as in solution (AA). Commonly it is beleived that lypholized IGF-1 will last for months in refrigerator temp ranges, and in AA it will last for weeks (enough to cover a cycle). Some convincing recommendations and studies by Gropep show otherwise. By the way Freeze-Thaw is not recommended for peptides, however, some sources say you may get away with at least one F/T cycle as long as they are not multiple F/T cycles. I do not subscribe to this belief, however....

Taken from Gropep's site:

IGF Storage

Novozymes GroPep: Biotech Reagents

Stability / Storage: Peptides in the lyophilized state should be stored at 2-4° C and are stable for at least 2 years, or 6 months at room temperature¹.
Also, here is a study of IGF-1 in AA solution at various temr ranges and final viability up to 2 years of storage:

Storage of LR3 IGF-1
*Study conducted by Gropep

The stability of a liquid solution of LR3IGF-I was monitored for a period of two years at storage conditions of -20 C, +4 C, +22 C, and +37 C. The final concentration of LR3IGF-I was in acetic acid. At various time points, samples were taken and compared to a lyophilized control (stored at 4 C). Listed below are the stability results for each respective storage condition.

Storage Condition: -20 C (-4 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 2 years
Immunological Activity No Change up to 2 years
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 2 years
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 2 years

Storage Condition: +4 C (39.2 F)

Storage Condition: +22 C (71.6 F)

Storage Condition: +37 C (98.6 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 1 year
Immunological Activity No Change up to 1 year
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 1 year
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 1 year
BTW, here is a good long detailed read on peptides that was originally posted by DatBTrue. I figured because of your field you would probably enjoy this...

Therapeutic Peptides and Proteins - Formulation, Processing and Delivery Systems
View attachment 21191

Take Care.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Bobas, as usual, you have killer posts. I thank you 100 times. Repped :D

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Bobas, which GroPrep product is IGF-1lr3 (receptor grade)? They have a huge number of IGFs and grades.

And thank you for the storage studies. I have run across one, but it's good to see a couple of them for consistency-sake and extra comparative data. :D

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Edit: Had to delete company names here...be advised, there is missing info here!

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
This site says IGF-1lr3 receptor grade: ResearchPeptides.Com - Peptides

Also, your link above doesn't point to "GroPep".....when you go to Novozymes Gropep, it automatically redirects you to Novozymes Gropep. Kind of confused I guess.

the link i gave is for gropep, I assure of that mate.
also gropep are Australian hence the .com.au ;)

edit: when clicking on either the receptor or media the description is the same. they make no mention of any increased purity of the receptor grade. I would be wary of this if they are not giving a reason for the 2 different grades. Marketing BS imo.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
the link i gave is for gropep, I assure of that mate.
also gropep are Australian hence the .com.au ;)

edit: when clicking on either the receptor or media the description is the same. they make no mention of any increased purity of the receptor grade. I would be wary of this if they are not giving a reason for the 2 different grades. Marketing BS imo.

I agree.

I would ask for a a COA showing the grade and HPLC test results.

This is one thing I like about M-R, as they actually post their COA's right next to their peptides. Nice touch that other places should follow...

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Edit: Damn double posting early morning trigger finger syndrome :)

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Thank you very much Pumbert and Bobas. Sorry to make this complicated, but it's still a point of confusion for me:

I'm VERY interested in receptor grade IGF-1lr3. Why? I'm just a picky person with high standards and I am willing to pay the premium for VERIFIED receptor grade. I'm big into purity I guess.

So, WHO has such a reagent that can be VERIFIED???

Also, is it best to acquire it from the U.S., or is international ok too?

I just don't want to end up with "cheap" or "junk" stuff....very weary.

If you wish to answer privately, please PM me. Otherwise, post away! :D

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Thank you very much Pumbert and Bobas. Sorry to make this complicated, but it's still a point of confusion for me:

I'm VERY interested in receptor grade IGF-1lr3. Why? I'm just a picky person with high standards and I am willing to pay the premium for VERIFIED receptor grade. I'm big into purity I guess.

So, WHO has such a reagent that can be VERIFIED???

Also, is it best to acquire it from the U.S., or is international ok too?

I just don't want to end up with "cheap" or "junk" stuff....very weary.

If you wish to answer privately, please PM me. Otherwise, post away! :D
Papa,

Some places that don't post COAs may show you one if asked. Some may have no testing and just go by what they were told by their supplier. Some places like M-R (abbreviated so as not to source post... I did send you this one via PM), actually post the COA next to their peptides.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Papa,

Some places that don't post COAs may show you one if asked. Some may have no testing and just go by what they were told by their supplier. Some places like M-R (abbreviated so as not to source post... I did send you this one via PM), actually post the COA next to their peptides.
Ok, so M-R has COAs.....it says ~103% (HPLC)....does that indicate receptor grade? Media? I don't have anything to compare it to. Also, 1mg in AA is $190 (pricey IF media grade), and 1mg lyophilized is $250...WTH? I pay MORE for less (I don't get AA with it I'm implying).

Care to clarify dude? Bobas, i need to spread some reppage around before I can send more love yer way too ;D

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so M-R has COAs.....it says ~103% (HPLC)....does that indicate receptor grade? Media? I don't have anything to compare it to. Also, 1mg in AA is $190 (pricey IF media grade), and 1mg lyophilized is $250...WTH? I pay MORE for less (I don't get AA with it I'm implying).

Care to clarify dude? Bobas, i need to spread some reppage around before I can send more love yer way too ;D
all i will say is you would be stupid to pay that, regardless of purity.media grade is good enough for humans bro, i can assure you. you will get nothing extra from receptor, you might be able to use slightly lower dosages but as the recommended dosages you will read about here are based on media grade then......................................

cheap chinese stuff is what is making me huge, im all for it. :D

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established

hmm, I just saw that now. Not sure since the HPLC test format is different than their PegMGF for instance which shows that HPLC purity=95.26%...

BTW, my understanding is that HPLC purity of 95% or higher is considered 'receptor grade'.

Maybe someone can chime in. The IGF-1 and PegMGF HPLC results are below:

Attachments

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
all i will say is you would be stupid to pay that, regardless of purity.media grade is good enough for humans bro, i can assure you. you will get nothing extra from receptor, you might be able to use slightly lower dosages but as the recommended dosages you will read about here are based on media grade then......................................

cheap chinese stuff is what is making me huge, im all for it. :D

LOL, ok bro, thanks for the clarification! I know I get wrapped up in this stuff...I'm a newb, what do you expect?! :p

Again, the only reason for my interest in "receptor" grade is that I THINK it has less "junk" in it...but if media is all good, then so-be-it!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Sh*T! Thank you for the heads-up....now will you please delete your repost of my post and the links?

I'M A NEWB, I DIDN'T KNOW LINKS/SOURCING WOULD GET ME B-SLAPPED. SORRY PEOPLE! :fool2:

rippedfreak123

rippedfreak123

Awards
going back to the top..i used long r3 about a year and a half ago and used it with BW..if i am correct and can remember it would nmake it good for a month reconstrued wouldnt it???

have things changed??

also..do you keep yours refrigerated once mixed?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
No, IGF-1lr3 is only good for ~24 hrs once in BW. If in AA, it's good for a long time (at least a year if I'm not mistaken). If it's in AA (acetic acid), it does NOT need to be refrigerated. Also, if it's in BW, it does not need to be refrigerated since you'll need to use it w/in 24 hrs.

I'm quite certain of this all....but correct me if I'm mistaken gentlemen. :D

rippedfreak123

rippedfreak123

Awards
No, IGF-1lr3 is only good for ~24 hrs once in BW. If in AA, it's good for a long time (at least a year if I'm not mistaken). If it's in AA (acetic acid), it does NOT need to be refrigerated. Also, if it's in BW, it does not need to be refrigerated since you'll need to use it w/in 24 hrs.

I'm quite certain of this all....but correct me if I'm mistaken gentlemen. :D

appreciate the post papa..thats weird though..that was the orioginal protocol..

imma try and find the post a little later but from wat ive read and tried was BW which lasted that amount of time..

does any one have any info to back his theory up on BW mixed with LR3?? thats wat most companys several years ago added when you purchased it

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
appreciate the post papa..thats weird though..that was the orioginal protocol..

imma try and find the post a little later but from wat ive read and tried was BW which lasted that amount of time..

does any one have any info to back his theory up on BW mixed with LR3?? thats wat most companys several years ago added when you purchased it
Ripped, most companies do not ship IGF-1 in solution form. I have been told to be very weary of pre-diluted/mixed IGF-1. It should come in lyophilized form. Then it's up to you to reconstitute with acetic acid (AA), the before you shoot, dilute that with BW (one resident expert said 5:1 dilution works for him).

I would read Grunt76's STICKY (the top-most thread). He's mad intelligent with IGF-1lr3. I would read the ENTIRE thread. You will learn a lot bro. Best of luck to you!

rippedfreak123

rippedfreak123

Awards
Ripped, most companies do not ship IGF-1 in solution form. I have been told to be very weary of pre-diluted/mixed IGF-1. It should come in lyophilized form. Then it's up to you to reconstitute with acetic acid (AA), the before you shoot, dilute that with BW (one resident expert said 5:1 dilution works for him).

I would read Grunt76's STICKY (the top-most thread). He's mad intelligent with IGF-1lr3. I would read the ENTIRE thread. You will learn a lot bro. Best of luck to you!

no no papa..you misunderstood me..im defenitely aware of reconstituting it your self...

but wait now your bringing back my memory..ok so your mixing it with AA then adding BW to it before you shoot?? would b12 be an alternative??:

by the way thanks for the replies, no means to disrespect n ****..just trying to get answers

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
no no papa..you misunderstood me..im defenitely aware of reconstituting it your self...

but wait now your bringing back my memory..ok so your mixing it with AA then adding BW to it before you shoot?? would b12 be an alternative??:

by the way thanks for the replies, no means to disrespect n ****..just trying to get answers
:D Hey, I am still asking the board gurus LOADS of questions..the only way to learn (and reading posts of course).

Yes, when you get your lyophilized IGF-1, you will reconstitute with AA. That allows it to remain sterile (assuming you have followed a sterile protocol) at room temp. for extended periods of time. Now, you will want to back load your slinpin with BW that acts as a buffer. Obviously AA is acidic and that solution alone into your muscles may certainly cause tissue necrosis if you shoot AA-IGF-1 continuously (and I hear it burns like hell too).

I have zero feedback for you regarding B-12. Sorry dude. I personally would stick with a backload of BW as that is what I have always read.

rippedfreak123

rippedfreak123

Awards
:D Hey, I am still asking the board gurus LOADS of questions..the only way to learn (and reading posts of course).

Yes, when you get your lyophilized IGF-1, you will reconstitute with AA. That allows it to remain sterile (assuming you have followed a sterile protocol) at room temp. for extended periods of time. Now, you will want to back load your slinpin with BW that acts as a buffer. Obviously AA is acidic and that solution alone into your muscles may certainly cause tissue necrosis if you shoot AA-IGF-1 continuously (and I hear it burns like hell too).

I have zero feedback for you regarding B-12. Sorry dude. I personally would stick with a backload of BW as that is what I have always read.

appreciate the quick responses bro..i guess were the only night birds on right now..lol..i guess well have to wait till tomorrow to have some other guys chime in..imma hit the sack..