IGF-1 levels

namtrag

namtrag

Awards
Is there any reason to consider IGF-1 if one already has above normal IGF-1 for his age?

I have 262 and normal range stops at 250ish for my age (46)

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Is there any reason to consider IGF-1 if one already has above normal IGF-1 for his age?

I have 262 and normal range stops at 250ish for my age (46)
Utilizing an IGF-1lr3 protocol is not geared for increasing baseline systemic IGF-1. On the contrary, it is for targeting IM local sites PWO in the last muscle trained. This it to take advantage of the denser receptor saturation that is exhibted after exercise, allowing a maximum IGF-1 uptake by these receptors. This protocol allows for a minimum amount of IGF-1 to make it systemically as (the naturally dense) intestinal IGF-1 receptors will also be competing for it. Basically, Gut Growth is the concern here.
No matter how high your natural systemic IGF-1 levels are, your muscles get no where near the amounts locally that you would be exposed to using the mentioned protocol. These local levels of IGF-1 are more likely to induce hyperplasia as opposed to the baseline levels our bodies normally see.
So, with IGF-1lr3, muscle hyperplasia is the main goal here.
On a different note, there are many BBers that use GH and have baseline IGF-1 levels of 400+ and still can reap great benefits from IGF-1lr3.
Another thing to mention is IGF-1 has nutrient partitioning and glucose shuttling properties similar but milder than insulin. Another good characteristic for PWO use. IGF-1 and Insulin are very synergistic together, btw.

Take Care.

PS- there is a lot of IGF-1 info in this forum related to what I have mentioned.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IGF-1/GH 3
mrjoda Anabolics 5
Red Fox IGF-1/GH 5
Red Fox IGF-1/GH 0
Red Fox Anabolics 0