Why SubQ instead of IM?

1. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Why SubQ instead of IM?

Peptides like hexeralin, ghrp-6, GHRH, hgh are said to administer subQ. What is the advantage over IM injections...sustained release?
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.39%

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Peptides like hexeralin, ghrp-6, GHRH, hgh are said to administer subQ. What is the advantage over IM injections...sustained release?
    The release rate difference between IM and Sub-Q is not significant as it pertains to these peptides.
    Method of action is agonism of the Pituitary Somatotrophs, thus these secretagogues need to go systemic to get there.
    You could do either IM or Sub-Q to acheive this, but since no specific "local" effect is characteristic to these peptides, IM is not necessary.

Take Care.

PS- There have been long debates on IM vs. Sub-q for Humulin. One side said that IM will cause it to be utilized more quickly and be out of the system in 3 hours (instead of the normal 4+ hours or so) This was welcome for ppl that could not get fast acting Humulog. After much research it seems the conclusion along withsome date I saw somewhere showed that it makes no real difference, both methods have equal clearing rates, thus this injection style does not make much impact on release differences.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Bobaslaw View Post
    The release rate difference between IM and Sub-Q is not significant as it pertains to these peptides.
    Method of action is agonism of the Pituitary Somatotrophs, thus these secretagogues need to go systemic to get there.
    You could do either IM or Sub-Q to acheive this, but since no specific "local" effect is characteristic to these peptides, IM is not necessary.

Take Care.

PS- There have been long debates on IM vs. Sub-q for Humulin. One side said that IM will cause it to be utilized more quickly and be out of the system in 3 hours (instead of the normal 4+ hours or so) This was welcome for ppl that could not get fast acting Humulog. After much research it seems the conclusion along withsome date I saw somewhere showed that it makes no real difference, both methods have equal clearing rates, thus this injection style does not make much impact on release differences.
    another well written and presented answer to add to the several I have seen.
    ive absolutely no idea why your reputation score is so low, people give rep where its due and Boba(is that as in Boba Fett btw?) deserves a lot.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Good post.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bobaslaw View Post

Take Care.

Nice post Bob. I've read quite a few studies/research over the course of my career in regard to different insulins(humalog,humulin,lantu s,Nph,70/30) and their administration, effects, and onset/peak/duration. It probably does slightly effect the absorbtion and subsequent effects, but probably not to the extent they initially thought. Some medications do benefit from administration through the Subcutaneous route of administration due to decreased vascularity delaying absorption and leading to an overall longer duration. Here's a good read of an article in this regard:

Subcutaneous or intramuscular? Confronting a parenteral administration dilemma

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    With some medications this is the intention of using the Subcutaneous method of administration. It largely depends on many factors however. Give that article i posted a read brotha.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

Similar Forum Threads

1. GH subq?
    By mikelance86 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
  2. Im shots vs. Subq
    By wrangler3456 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 04:28 PM
  3. SubQ T - and HcG