insulin doping for insulino-dependant diabetics

Geebee

Awards
insulin doping for insulin-dependent diabetic

I would like to know why insulin doesn't work to gain mass when you're an insulin-dependent diabetic.

ludacris007

ludacris007

Awards
  • Established
i think the simplest answer is that you are using the insulin to replace what your body cant produce.

Geebee

Awards
OK, but if I get much insulin is it not the same as having endogenous and exogenous insulin together ?

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would like to know why insulin doesn't work to gain mass when you're an insulin-dependent diabetic.
Why would you think that it won't help diabetics to build muscle?

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
OK, but if I get much insulin is it not the same as having endogenous and exogenous insulin together ?
How much did you use PWO? Many (at around 200+) do 10iu PWO? And that is with normal endogenous insulin on top of this...

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Why would you think that it won't help diabetics to build muscle?
exactly. I know one bodybuilding type 1 diabetic that does indeed carry a good amount of muscle.
remember if they are lazy fat couch-potatoe diabetics of course they will only get fatter.

Geebee

Awards
PWO, I'm using 16 IU for 195 lbs bodyweight. Some time ago I was using 24 IU. Within a day I may get 100 IU slin (7 meals with 12 IU + PWO). I got some muscle, but I'm on AAS ; I got much fat too.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
GB don't take this the wrong way, I'm talking in general here.

IMO this is a good example of the lack of information about insulin. Insulin is a means to an end not a means unto itself. Taking exo insulin is not like taking exo test where the latter simply upregulates the desired body functions.

Insulin use has to coincide with energy intake. They cannot be decoupled unless you want an immediate trip to the hospital/morgue.

I see people here who are jacking their calories so that they can take their 10 iu of exo slin. This is backwards. Plan your meals and daily energy intake and then match the insulin to that. So if your PWO meal comes out to have 50g carbs, then take your 5 iu (NOTE: THIS COULD STILL BE TOO MUCH - I USUALLY NEED 1 iu PER 20g!). If you just jack calories to take more you are going to get fat.

Insulin is like the fuel pump in your car. Upgrading it by itself is going to do squat except possibly make your car run rich. It will not pay off until you build the motor up to the point that it needs more fuel.