Tired of looking for an answer. Please give a look.

turbofish

Awards
I have been researching and reading everything I can about this and I cant seem to come to a conclusion that I feel right. So I'm just going to ask and hopefully you can help out.
I have a completely torn rotator cuff in my right arm. I will be having surgery next week. I am looking to take LR3 IGF-1 for its therapeutic and healing effects, so that I can avoid spending 6 months in a sling. Heres my questions.
What dosing should I take due to the fact that I will be doing practically nothing over the course of my rehab besides physical therapy for the shoulder. I feel that taking 20-40 mcg a day would be a waste due to my being sedentary. Should I take that every three days? Take a lower dose every day??
When do you suppose I should start a cycle? When rehab starts or just after surgery?
Should I just shoot sub q? or IM into my right Delt?
Thank you in advance for any and all help. I guess you can do all the reading in the world but you still doubt your ability to answer your own questions.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
IGF-1 45-55mcg/ED pinned near site is exactly what worked well for this guy following
My knee dislocated in two places, the patellar tendon was ruptured, the upper part of the knee cap had shattered up into the lower quad and the muscle in the surrounding area was 'shredded beef' that required a wire to sew back together.
so im going to use 50mcg ED and a decent intake of WPI after my pec repair in June so that hopefully I wont have to be out the full 4-6 months but even if im out that long, to know i will be at an advanced stage of healing when i do resume training is good enough for me.

yes use right away and no inject into the delt, even into different points but not sub-q.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
because it will travel to other places (gut) first and bind there instead of your shoulder.
yes like he says. the intestines have a large number of igf receptors and a very large surface area. if you go sub-q most of the igf will get taken up at these receptors and we all know what enlarged intestines do to a BBs aesthetics.

turbofish

Awards
Thanks so much for the help. If you'll humor me some more, I apologize in advance for any of these questions being ridiculous.
How long of a cycle should I run of this?
I guess since I wont be injecting bilaterally or into different muscle groups it just seems like a lot to be injecting 50mcgs a day into my shoulder. But really this is a major trauma and it needs all the help it can get right?
Is this even the best idea? Is there any alternatives that would have the same type of effect that I am overlooking?

Thanks again everyone!

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Thanks so much for the help. If you'll humor me some more, I apologize in advance for any of these questions being ridiculous.
How long of a cycle should I run of this?
I guess since I wont be injecting bilaterally or into different muscle groups it just seems like a lot to be injecting 50mcgs a day into my shoulder. But really this is a major trauma and it needs all the help it can get right?
Is this even the best idea? Is there any alternatives that would have the same type of effect that I am overlooking?

Thanks again everyone!
run it for at least 4 weeks post-operatively. that should see you ahead of schedule in terms of healing. I would recommend you also add 2-4IU HGH injected at the site too to strengthen the rotator cuff tendon tie-in.

yes it needs all the help it can get. I cant think of any alternatives to this therapy though theres probably others you could run alongside it.
say 200mg/week Test (will help speed tissue healing) and 200mg/week Deca with its progesterone like effects will pull fluid into the shoulder providing a pain relieving effect)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
run it for at least 4 weeks post-operatively. that should see you ahead of schedule in terms of healing. I would recommend you also add 2-4IU HGH injected at the site too to strengthen the rotator cuff tendon tie-in.

yes it needs all the help it can get. I cant think of any alternatives to this therapy though theres probably others you could run alongside it.
say 200mg/week Test (will help speed tissue healing) and 200mg/week Deca with its progesterone like effects will pull fluid into the shoulder providing a pain relieving effect)
I agree although I would go with boldenone (transdermal, esterless if possible) instead of test + deca. GH might be a good choice too instead of IGF-1.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
Almost in the same boat, but mine's not completely torn. Been injecting into each shoulder after workouts. No real upper body work. Been feeling better but I'm going to start injecting 40-60mcg in the left shoulder only 3-4 days a week in different spots. Rear, side, front. Front hurts like a *****. Using with 1g 1-carboxy in the daytime and 1.5g before bed and feeling alot better. Far from healed but definitely good progress. Going to be ordering more as soon as its in stock again.

Oh and be sure to use some arginine also during the day and before bed. The more blood flow the better. N.O. Limits is what I used.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
I agree although I would go with boldenone (transdermal, esterless if possible) instead of test + deca. GH might be a good choice too instead of IGF-1.
boldenone comes atrsndermally now? wow havent been keeping up with progress. and you reckon to run thre boldenone directly onto the area? for what reason do you feel transdermal is better than IM?

and dont you think GH with IGF together is better than either alone?
im going to combine GH,IGF,MGF and Insulin post-op.I want to maximise tissue healing, nutrient shuttling, retain as much musclemass as possible. might include some AAS in low dosage and some arginine for blood flow(thanks for the suggestion Kurtis).

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
boldenone comes atrsndermally now? wow havent been keeping up with progress. and you reckon to run thre boldenone directly onto the area? for what reason do you feel transdermal is better than IM?

and dont you think GH with IGF together is better than either alone?
im going to combine GH,IGF,MGF and Insulin post-op.I want to maximise tissue healing, nutrient shuttling, retain as much musclemass as possible. might include some AAS in low dosage and some arginine for blood flow(thanks for the suggestion Kurtis).
Absolutely, GH & IGF together are greater than either and by a long shot IMO.

All hormones can be had without any ester and those can be absorbed transdermally. This allows immediate effectiveness rather than waiting for the super-long undecylenate ester to finally eventually kick in. I'm not sure about any localized effect. Theoretically suspensions do have them, but we're talking about a rotator cuff here, so that's moot... Transdermally there might have been an advantage for an injury that is very close to the surface such as a torn tricep tendon or achilles. So it's just for the half-life.

And good idea on the arginine.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely, GH & IGF together are greater than either and by a long shot IMO.

All hormones can be had without any ester and those can be absorbed transdermally. This allows immediate effectiveness rather than waiting for the super-long undecylenate ester to finally eventually kick in. I'm not sure about any localized effect. Theoretically suspensions do have them, but we're talking about a rotator cuff here, so that's moot... Transdermally there might have been an advantage for an injury that is very close to the surface such as a torn tricep tendon or achilles. So it's just for the half-life.

And good idea on the arginine.
thanks bro, very usefull information. looking into it though finding it here in Australia will be a challenge to say the least. now back home in Scotland, that would be easy as........

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
thanks bro, very usefull information. looking into it though finding it here in Australia will be a challenge to say the least. now back home in Scotland, that would be easy as........
...haggis? :p

I agree bro, don't even bother looking for it in OZ.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
...haggis? :p

I agree bro, don't even bother looking for it in OZ.
never did like sheep stomach tbh. :p
yup this place is dryer than a badgers ass (not even sure how thats supposed to make sense) with respect to juice.

only good thing is China is close enough for decent peptides ;)but yeah when resuming AAS use would much rather be home.

btw how is your own thing going? are you getting back into the gym as I heard you were out for a while? are the quads all good now?

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Huh? Quads? Last I was out of the gym for any length of time was when I broke both forearms falling off my bicycle. In may 2006. I am 6 months out from my first competition ever and you can follow my adventures here, with a soon-to-come update on the thread: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bodybuilding-contest-preparation/78774-new-grunt-adventures.html

yeah i heard about you being out and also someone mentioned your quads(I see now its because they are impressive) and I put 2+2 together and got 5.lol.

looked into your adventures, yes you certainly gained some serious musclemass there.

disgraziato

Awards
so im going to use 50mcg ED and a decent intake of WPI after my pec repair in June so that hopefully I wont have to be out the full 4-6 months but even if im out that long, to know i will be at an advanced stage of healing when i do resume training is good enough for me.

yes use right away and no inject into the delt, even into different points but not sub-q.[/QUOTE]

Hey bro- I caught that you said pec repair...whats the story with that, as I have completely ruptured both sides about 6 mos. ago, got surgery and was dfoing ok, but I think I did it aGAIN ......

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro- I caught that you said pec repair...whats the story with that, as I have completely ruptured both sides about 6 mos. ago, got surgery and was dfoing ok, but I think I did it aGAIN ......
OOPS. That's where you need peptides man, make your connective tissue as strong as it can get. And the muscle too...

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
OOPS. That's where you need peptides man, make your connective tissue as strong as it can get. And the muscle too...[/QUOTE]

yes i do believe if I had been using peptides back in the day I wouldnt have torn my pec.

@disgraziato, yes I was benching with 405lbs going for 5 reps that day. came down onto my pecs on 3rd rep, all was good. paused on chest then used explosive mothion. about 2 inches of my chest I hear a tearing noise and my left hand slid out to the far left of the barbell then the bar crashed down.
pec was torn, good old UK health service bullshit later I was told(after plain x-rays, no MRI) it wasnt complete tear and would heal. total BS of course but at the time I didnt have the means to afford surgery(was student with a mortgage) so I left it. over the last year I looked into a repair so I researched a bit and looked for surgeons with experience of late chronic tears(as opposed to acute tears) and then narrowed them down on experience etc. I found one Professor Anthony Schepsis to be very experienced in this field and he had been involved in research of exactly this type of pec tear. Contacted him, liked what he presented, and now im flying from Oz to US in June to finally get fixed. :D

disgraziato

Awards
good luck pumbertot...I did alot of research too when I first tore my pecs...modern medicine provides just as favorable results with late stage and chronic tears as acute tears.....I'm still waitiing for approval on my second MRI to see how bad I did it this time....first time, tore both doing 435, but it was only my third set....stupid, I know....but this time, 5 months post-op, was warming up, second set w/ 225...sure enough...heard the snap and felt the pop.....oh well...What doesn't kill us makes us stronger-

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
good luck pumbertot...I did alot of research too when I first tore my pecs...modern medicine provides just as favorable results with late stage and chronic tears as acute tears.....I'm still waitiing for approval on my second MRI to see how bad I did it this time....first time, tore both doing 435, but it was only my third set....stupid, I know....but this time, 5 months post-op, was warming up, second set w/ 225...sure enough...heard the snap and felt the pop.....oh well...What doesn't kill us makes us stronger-
oh man i really feel for you. maybe you just went into it too quick too soon? i dont know but Prof Schepsis has recommended I never go above around 225lbs(funnily enough)
when im fully healed and he says to wait around 6 months before trying that.

have you used any peptides sinc the op?any GH or IGF?
see my plan is to use them from the day of the op onwards to speed healing AND strengthen that muscle to tendon to bone bond as much as possible, hopefully moreso than it would without any extra supplementation.
i strongly suggest you do the same after you get this fixed.
have you retorn it on both sides(bilaterally) or just on one side?thats if it is a full retear, maybe its just a muscle tear?
has the pec retracted again and heavily bruised?
are you far from Boston, maybe you should look into Prof Schepsis, his track record is pretty impressive? its not exactly close for me but I want the best and I feel he is amongst them for sure.

oh and thanks bro. ;)

turbofish

Awards
Just a little update,

This stuff is crazy! Im three weeks out of surgery completely destroyed rotator cuff, multiple tears, labrium tear and biceps tendon tear. I had complete passive ROM after week 1, already have some active ROM! PT says that he has never seen anybody recover this quickly. Pretty impressive I think.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Just a little update,

This stuff is crazy! Im three weeks out of surgery completely destroyed rotator cuff, multiple tears, labrium tear and biceps tendon tear. I had complete passive ROM after week 1, already have some active ROM! PT says that he has never seen anybody recover this quickly. Pretty impressive I think.
Please define "stuff"? We talked of a few things in this thread...

turbofish47

Awards
I have been injecting about 20mcg of lr3-igf into my shoulder daily.

disgraziato

Awards
oh man i really feel for you. maybe you just went into it too quick too soon? i dont know but Prof Schepsis has recommended I never go above around 225lbs(funnily enough)
when im fully healed and he says to wait around 6 months before trying that.

have you used any peptides sinc the op?any GH or IGF?
see my plan is to use them from the day of the op onwards to speed healing AND strengthen that muscle to tendon to bone bond as much as possible, hopefully moreso than it would without any extra supplementation.
i strongly suggest you do the same after you get this fixed.
have you retorn it on both sides(bilaterally) or just on one side?thats if it is a full retear, maybe its just a muscle tear?
has the pec retracted again and heavily bruised?
are you far from Boston, maybe you should look into Prof Schepsis, his track record is pretty impressive? its not exactly close for me but I want the best and I feel he is amongst them for sure.

oh and thanks bro. ;)
Just an update....tore the left side again, but not profoundly enough to warrant surgery..."not a complete rupture"...LR3 is a potent healer though...its only been a few weeks since I retore it but It feels completely healed...no pain, bruising, as compared to the first time I tore them before using LR3...it hurt like crazy for 6 weeks before I had the surgery and the bruising lasted a few weeks....what a difference....I believe the key is 25mcg or less on workout days into worked muscle and or injured muscle for longer periods of time...say 10-12 weeks as opposed to the high dosing for short periods....just like hgh....it needs time to work its magic....Pumbertot...no sweat bro...do the surgery, take your Lr3 and you'll see how quickly and thoroughly you heal....keep us updated.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Just an update....tore the left side again, but not profoundly enough to warrant surgery..."not a complete rupture"...LR3 is a potent healer though...its only been a few weeks since I retore it but It feels completely healed...no pain, bruising, as compared to the first time I tore them before using LR3...it hurt like crazy for 6 weeks before I had the surgery and the bruising lasted a few weeks....what a difference....I believe the key is 25mcg or less on workout days into worked muscle and or injured muscle for longer periods of time...say 10-12 weeks as opposed to the high dosing for short periods....just like hgh....it needs time to work its magic....Pumbertot...no sweat bro...do the surgery, take your Lr3 and you'll see how quickly and thoroughly you heal....keep us updated.

thanks for the update bro and the extra info. yes I will keep you fully updated, I already have some igf/mgf/hgh waiting for me in USA for when I arrive.
Big thanks to a forum member - thanks bro, you know who you are. ;)