Calf enlargement

V

vkg1

Awards
I got IGF-1LR3 for one purpose and one purpose only -- to make my calves proportional with the rest of my body. Anybody else here happen to have had growing puny calves at the forefront of their thoughts when deciding to try out IGF-1?

Anyone have any experience and/or suggestions on what might work as far as developing calves as well, evenly (across all heads), etc as possible?

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
I got IGF-1LR3 for one purpose and one purpose only -- to make my calves proportional with the rest of my body. Anybody else here happen to have had growing puny calves at the forefront of their thoughts when deciding to try out IGF-1?

Anyone have any experience and/or suggestions on what might work as far as developing calves as well, evenly (across all heads), etc as possible?
yes ive already brought my calves up 2 inches in past 4 months thanks to IGF-1(and MGF) use and I havent been just pinning them so for sure you can add good size if only concentrating on them.

I can tell you what worked for me including a nice little calf routine I do every 2nd time im in the gym if you want?pm if so.

Ok, if using only IGF then train calves first in the workout then immediately head to the toilet and pin 25mcg in each inner head.
2 days later again train them first then head to toilet and pin 25mcg in each outer head.
Then just repeat this and yes train them 3 times a week, for a muscle as stubborn as calves it works very well.

I would recommend the addition of MGf(non-peg). I stick 500mcg into each calf a few hours before the workout.

Good luck.

B

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
yes ive already brought my calves up 2 inches in past 4 months thanks to IGF-1(and MGF) use and I havent been just pinning them so for sure you can add good size if only concentrating on them.

I can tell you what worked for me including a nice little calf routine I do every 2nd time im in the gym if you want?pm if so.

Ok, if using only IGF then train calves first in the workout then immediately head to the toilet and pin 25mcg in each inner head.
2 days later again train them first then head to toilet and pin 25mcg in each outer head.
Then just repeat this and yes train them 3 times a week, for a muscle as stubborn as calves it works very well.
I would recommend the addition of MGf(non-peg). I stick 500mcg into each calf a few hours before the workout.

Good luck.

Great info Pumber!! I need this especially to bring up one calf thats 1/2" smaller than the other. I hate that...
They are both smaller than I would like so definitely will try your routine!
Thanks a bunch. :)

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Great info Pumber!! I need this especially to bring up one calf thats 1/2" smaller than the other. I hate that...
They are both smaller than I would like so definitely will try your routine!
Thanks a bunch. :)

you should do the actual routine I do too. 1st time in the week I choose the Seated Calf Machine.

I do a set of 20reps(with a weight that would allow 40 reps) with toes turned inwards. then I immediately put my toes onto a 20kg plate(thats lying on the floor) and do 20 reps. I then turn round so my heals are on the plate edge and my toes are on the floor and do another 20 reps. thats the first set. Increase the weight on the Seated Calf Raise and repeat with toes turned out. Do 4 sets of this and your calves are fried.

two workouts later use the Donkey Calf Raise Machine and repeat this same workout(with the plate on the ground and all)

two workouts later repeat this workout with the Standing Cal Raise Machine.

and so on. along with the IGF(and mgf) they grow like never before. it hits them well but just enough so they both grow and recuperate in between their workouts. only takes like 5-10 minutes too.

V

vkg1

Awards
This is great. Just the kind of information I was looking for. Unfortunately, having just performed my first injection, it seems I may have more than I realized to learn in the 101 category of injecting IGF than I realized...

Does pinning your calves ever make them sore or anything afterwards and cause you to limp (more than already would after the intense calf routine you are doing) around during the rest of your workout?

I ask because I "test/practice pinned" -- my first injection of anything in life -- one of my calves last night at home (w/o having worked out or anything in couple days) and it almost immediately got stiff and sore. It made me feel like stretching it out but when I would attempt to I would get pain that made me stop.

That was an hour or two before going to bed. When I woke up my calf was perfectly fine again. My IGF-1LR3 is 1mg/ml solution in AA. I injected 15mcg together with .5ml BA water.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
This is great. Just the kind of information I was looking for. Unfortunately, having just performed my first injection, it seems I may have more than I realized to learn in the 101 category of injecting IGF than I realized...

Does pinning your calves ever make them sore or anything afterwards and cause you to limp (more than already would after the intense calf routine you are doing) around during the rest of your workout?

I ask because I "test/practice pinned" -- my first injection of anything in life -- one of my calves last night at home (w/o having worked out or anything in couple days) and it almost immediately got stiff and sore. It made me feel like stretching it out but when I would attempt to I would get pain that made me stop.

That was an hour or two before going to bed. When I woke up my calf was perfectly fine again. My IGF-1LR3 is 1mg/ml solution in AA. I injected 15mcg together with .5ml BA water.
hmm not so sure. hasnt ever happened to me but everyone reacts differently. whihc area of the calf did you inject roughly?
dont ever inject near where the inner and outer heads meet(the sort of bum shaped part) as there are vital nerves that run down there. you should almost be going in sideways into either head.

V

vkg1

Awards
I've got the injecting down now. Indeed I think it was that I was too close to the middle of the calf as you describe.

Your workout sounds awesome. Could you please go into a little for detail in description of what it is that you are doing while on the floor with plates? I don't can't quite picture what you are doing.

B

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
I've got the injecting down now. Indeed I think it was that I was too close to the middle of the calf as you describe.

Your workout sounds awesome. Could you please go into a little for detail in description of what it is that you are doing while on the floor with plates? I don't can't quite picture what you are doing.

Just use a weight plate (45lb or whatever) to stand on with the balls of your feet. Look at this pic, just use a plate instead of the board as depicted.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Just use a weight plate (45lb or whatever) to stand on with the balls of your feet. Look at this pic, just use a plate instead of the board as depicted.

thanks mate. yes this way with a plate. and then you do the reverse, have your heals on the plate and toes on the floor and again raise up onto the toes. they both work the calves through different ranges of motion and basically help to recruit maximum number of fibres which means more muscle breakdown and hence greater hypertrophy/hyperplasia with igf/mgf.

V

vkg1

Awards
Ah, very interesting, I'd never heard of this way of working the calves. Thanks, this kind of information is very useful to me -- my gym doesn't even have a standing calf machine! Certainly no Donkey machine. All I've got to work with machine-wise is one seated calf machine. To tell you the truth, any additional suggestions on exercises to do with what I've got would also be appreciated.

B

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
-- my gym doesn't even have a standing calf machine! .
In my home gym I just load up some plates on the Bar and do some standing calf raises off the edge of a heavy board I have here. (could use a 45lb plate too). With heavier weight, balance is important, since I have nearly fallen face forward on more than one occasion, lol...

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
In my home gym I just load up some plates on the Bar and do some standing calf raises off the edge of a heavy board I have here. (could use a 45lb plate too). With heavier weight, balance is important, since I have nearly fallen face forward on more than one occasion, lol...
yes! you can make your own block if there isnt one and have an extra piece protruding from the bottom so it doesnt tip/flip when your toes are on it. go under a smith machine and you now have a standing calf raise machine. as for donkey calf raises, easy do them as I used to before training at a gym with such a machine, get your traning partner to sit on your lower back like in the good old days. ;)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
yes! you can make your own block if there isnt one and have an extra piece protruding from the bottom so it doesnt tip/flip when your toes are on it. go under a smith machine and you now have a standing calf raise machine. as for donkey calf raises, easy do them as I used to before training at a gym with such a machine, get your traning partner to sit on your lower back like in the good old days. ;)
The leg press can do a pretty good imitation of a donkey calf machine...

B

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
BTW, Pumber, the calf routine of yours is killer! Calves are swole and burnt after the supersets. Very nice indeed! Thumbs up :)

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I got IGF-1LR3 for one purpose and one purpose only -- to make my calves proportional with the rest of my body.
Interesting: one of my primary goals in working out is make the rest of my body proportional to my calves....

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
BTW, Pumber, the calf routine of yours is killer! Calves are swole and burnt after the supersets. Very nice indeed! Thumbs up :)

glad you liked it. the results are quick too, keep it going with (or without) igf and you will see some good results in 4-6 weeks. stubborn calves will grow. every 2 weeks try to go a few kg heavier. also every 4th week or so I do the whole thing back to back in a superset i.e. all 3 exercises for 4 sets each without any rest.

@ Bodywizard: my training partner, a 2 times former Mr Australia, is the same only he trains his upper body to try to keep it in developement with his Calves, Quads and Hammies. he truelly is Quadzilla.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im gonna try that calve routine to see just how good it is ;)

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
im gonna try that calve routine to see just how good it is ;)
it great. i did forget to mention that when you have either your toes on the plate or heals on the plate and raising onto toes, you try to get onto the tips as if trying to be a ballerina and really accenuate the contraction, holding for 1-2 seconds on every rep. really makes a difference, claves blow up huge.

although my calves still have a way to go, when I started doing this routine with the igf they measured around 18 inches cold. now they are up to 20 inches some 4 months later. figure if I can add a further 2 inches a year from now, they will be nearly as I would like them. :D

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Holy hell bro, 20 inches are some big-ass calves. I get compliments on mine and they are like 18.5"

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Holy hell bro, 20 inches are some big-ass calves. I get compliments on mine and they are like 18.5"
thanks bro. but im sure yours are really impressive and tie-in low into the ankles. see mine sit a little high, nearer the knee joint so to look impressive I need more size. I also have a friend with 18 inch calves and due to the genetic shaze they look bigger than mine.

still give me a year of this sort of training routine and they will be better. in fact after my pec repair I will only be able to train calves so I intend to blast them all the time.

V

vkg1

Awards
thanks bro. but im sure yours are really impressive and tie-in low into the ankles. see mine sit a little high, nearer the knee joint so to look impressive I need more size. I also have a friend with 18 inch calves and due to the genetic shaze they look bigger than mine.

still give me a year of this sort of training routine and they will be better. in fact after my pec repair I will only be able to train calves so I intend to blast them all the time.
Do you ever, or have you considered, injecting into the soleus separately as a 3rd location in addition to the two sides of the gastrocnemius you said you do now?

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Do you ever, or have you considered, injecting into the soleus separately as a 3rd location in addition to the two sides of the gastrocnemius you said you do now?
have considered it but there are some major nerves just under it and they are not very deep so personally did not want to risk any damage.

V

vkg1

Awards
have considered it but there are some major nerves just under it and they are not very deep so personally did not want to risk any damage.
I wonder if a shallowly inserted 31G 5/16" would be safe.

B

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if a shallowly inserted 31G 5/16" would be safe.

You can always give it a shot. You'll definitely know if hit a nerve by the severe burning pain and sudden loss of bladder control, but then you'll know how deep not to go next time at least, lol :)
Actually, if by any chance you've ever had any run-ins with tazer happy cops, it's probably quite the same experience! :D

Seriously though, I've never pinned a nerve but I'm sure it's not pleasant in the least. Trial and error is the only way I can see "mapping" out your individual ideal pinning spots.

Take Care.

V

vkg1

Awards
You can always give it a shot. You'll definitely know if hit a nerve by the severe burning pain and sudden loss of bladder control, but then you'll know how deep not to go next time at least, lol :)
Actually, if by any chance you've ever had any run-ins with tazer happy cops, it's probably quite the same experience! :D

Seriously though, I've never pinned a nerve but I'm sure it's not pleasant in the least. Trial and error is the only way I can see "mapping" out your individual ideal pinning spots.

Take Care.
I guess a big part of the considerations is the question of whether or not injections into the gastrocnemius also cause some localized growth in the soleus. If so, the injecting into soleus probably not worth the bother. However, if the IGF basically stays in gastrocnemius only before getting in blood and going systemic (thereby basically being evenly distributed throughout all muscles), then maybe some of us severely chicken legged fellas might want to think about injecting soleus too.

By the way, I heard that hitting a nerve with an insulin needle can burn and sting but really doesn't hurt that bad.

Anyone think injections into gastrocnemius also cause localized growth in the soleus?

MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Awards
Pumber i tried your routine on calves yesterday and WOW!!! Dude. Feeling it today man. Nice work!!!! I myself have small calves, but i'm sure that will change thanks to a little IGF and hard training.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
I guess a big part of the considerations is the question of whether or not injections into the gastrocnemius also cause some localized growth in the soleus. If so, the injecting into soleus probably not worth the bother. However, if the IGF basically stays in gastrocnemius only before getting in blood and going systemic (thereby basically being evenly distributed throughout all muscles), then maybe some of us severely chicken legged fellas might want to think about injecting soleus too.

By the way, I heard that hitting a nerve with an insulin needle can burn and sting but really doesn't hurt that bad.

Anyone think injections into gastrocnemius also cause localized growth in the soleus?
dont worry, for sure my soleus have gained in size too, im sure the igf is able to exert a localised effect in both muscles as they are practically one muscle group to the body. much like the pec major and minor.

@MasterBlaster glad you enjoyed it. now watch your calves slowly transform into cows! :D

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
pumber i tried your workout too, pretty fun LOL

i got the best growth doing high reps and high frequency with calves back in the days, but once i got lazy about it, they atrophied, recently ive been doing heavier load (alot of 4 reps and so on) but i thik this high rep routine is better. plus i like the focus on soleus, im sure that will add to the overall girth too.

thanks.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
pumber i tried your workout too, pretty fun LOL

i got the best growth doing high reps and high frequency with calves back in the days, but once i got lazy about it, they atrophied, recently ive been doing heavier load (alot of 4 reps and so on) but i thik this high rep routine is better. plus i like the focus on soleus, im sure that will add to the overall girth too.

thanks.
yes so much fun indeed. see you can still do your low reps on the calf equipment to try to thicken the fibres and you get the high reps from the freestanding on the plate.
did my superset version this morning doing all 9 movements in sequence without rest. calves blew up, toes were cramping.
so much fun! :D
enjoy.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
I would make one word of caution. A couple of years ago I was doing igf injects in the outer head of my calves and one night I injected, with some small amount of pain (which was NORMAL), and then later noticed that on the front of my shin, on the outer side (i.e. from my knee down to my ankle on the little pinky toe side), I had lost all sensation in the dermal layer of skin. I could feel below the skin, but I could take a pin and scrape my skin and not feel a thing. I think the AA spread into a nerve (and there are lots of nerves in the calves) and it took 2 yrs to regain sensation.

bb

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would make one word of caution. A couple of years ago I was doing igf injects in the outer head of my calves and one night I injected, with some small amount of pain (which was NORMAL), and then later noticed that on the front of my shin, on the outer side (i.e. from my knee down to my ankle on the little pinky toe side), I had lost all sensation in the dermal layer of skin. I could feel below the skin, but I could take a pin and scrape my skin and not feel a thing. I think the AA spread into a nerve (and there are lots of nerves in the calves) and it took 2 yrs to regain sensation.

bb
:jaw: :run:

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established

bb

oops, not so good. yes i agree find a few good spots and stick with them so you know they arent near nerves. i dont move around, i have about 3 points on inner calves and about same on outer calves and i rotate.
never just chose any spot at random(although you have to the first time around).

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
yup. be careful. if u have a sharp pain or anything when taking the pin in, I would NOT inject.

bb

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
No that spasm means you aren't deep enough and you need to shove the pin in a little further. :jaw:
no you need to retract the needle as its all wrong.
then take a 19 guage white needle and insert full length until you hit bone. then you know its the correct spot for maximum effect.

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
I dont have any knowledge on the injections but I know a few people that have had good results training calfs using the methods outlined in the DC Training routine:
DC CALF STYLE TRAINING
the technique is a nice controlled negative followed by 15sec at the bottom for a super stretch then back up on your toes, that’s 1 rep and you do 1 set for 12 reps.
I did them exactly as stated above. I added an extra 2.5lbs each workout which was 2x a week (so 5lbs extra per week) while constantly battling to hit 12 reps. What's different about this style than any other I've used is the long stretch in between each rep.
Which just reinforces the theory about stretching a muscle during or after it's exercised to enable better recovery, shape and more size. My calves were less sore the days following using this style than with any other.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Bodywizard: my training partner, a 2 times former Mr Australia, is the same only he trains his upper body to try to keep it in developement with his Calves, Quads and Hammies. he truelly is Quadzilla.
My upper-body development has always lagged behind, mostly due to shoulder injuries (life and lifting) & complicating neck issues - great hands & forearms (*rofl*), but my shoulders simply couldn't bear the weight long enough to get much mass or shape in bis, tris or delts (ditto lats, due to injury-created stresses on the spine) - my goal now is +3-4" across the back (med.delt/med.delt), +5 on upper arms, +3-4 on forearms.

I'm gonna have to arrange some pics of my calves - they have that inverted-teardrop shape you used to see in the superhero comix....

C

cyyllus

Awards
just wanted to interject a bit of recent experience and ask some questions.. this seems to be the 'calves' thread...

a week and a half ago i was getting a calf workout in and after the calf portion of my visit to the gym i stepped out to shoot my IGF... i did so in the outer heads of my gastrocs and by the time i'd capped the pin and walked back inside, both heels went numb along with the outside of my feet. The injection wasn't anything abnormally painful and i even used 31g 5/8 in needles for those shots, which is something i'd never done before. I have feeling on the top layer of skin, but in all the places my feet 'went to sleep' are now feeling like i have a burn that is healing.. kind of that irritated, tingly, burning sensation... really really faint, but still there.

I injected too far laterally, so for anyone interested, i'd say keep your needles in the muscle belly. It's not that i was TRYING to do some ****ed up weird angled shot, i was in a hurry and made a boo boo that unfortunately is a serious annoyance....and btw won't be repeated.

Also, i'm at my wits end when it comes to my calves. Over the past 2 years i've tried some intense training methods and the ONLY progress i'm seeing is in the form of density.. don't get me wrong, i like to look down and see hard dry looking muscles, but for the time and effort i've put in you'd think i might have a little bigger or a little denser calves.

The added density is there, but i want size, everything i've done for size has yielded more muscularity, but not THAT much. I haven't gained one cm. in terms of size. I've done 90 rep burnout sets, i've done a few different routines synonymous to pumbertot's routine which, by the way is great for growth through muscle volumization from blood, i've done 10 sets of 10 with tiny little 15 second rests with pretty heavy weight and impeccable form from top contraction to rock bottom stretch followed by by pump sets, burnout sets... i even started doing a little bit one legged jumps because i constantly hear people preaching 'plyometrics make your legs huge...' and i can't disagree completely based on some of my clients.. so i'm a bit pissed and lost here.

My lower body tends to be really strong in relation to size, they get hard, not big... i'm that type.

Anybody with shitty genetics who got great calves despite them wanna chime in?? or ANYONE for that matter!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
just wanted to interject a bit of recent experience and ask some questions.. this seems to be the 'calves' thread...

a week and a half ago i was getting a calf workout in and after the calf portion of my visit to the gym i stepped out to shoot my IGF... i did so in the outer heads of my gastrocs and by the time i'd capped the pin and walked back inside, both heels went numb along with the outside of my feet. The injection wasn't anything abnormally painful and i even used 31g 5/8 in needles for those shots, which is something i'd never done before. I have feeling on the top layer of skin, but in all the places my feet 'went to sleep' are now feeling like i have a burn that is healing.. kind of that irritated, tingly, burning sensation... really really faint, but still there.

I injected too far laterally, so for anyone interested, i'd say keep your needles in the muscle belly. It's not that i was TRYING to do some ****ed up weird angled shot, i was in a hurry and made a boo boo that unfortunately is a serious annoyance....and btw won't be repeated.

Also, i'm at my wits end when it comes to my calves. Over the past 2 years i've tried some intense training methods and the ONLY progress i'm seeing is in the form of density.. don't get me wrong, i like to look down and see hard dry looking muscles, but for the time and effort i've put in you'd think i might have a little bigger or a little denser calves.

The added density is there, but i want size, everything i've done for size has yielded more muscularity, but not THAT much. I haven't gained one cm. in terms of size. I've done 90 rep burnout sets, i've done a few different routines synonymous to pumbertot's routine which, by the way is great for growth through muscle volumization from blood, i've done 10 sets of 10 with tiny little 15 second rests with pretty heavy weight and impeccable form from top contraction to rock bottom stretch followed by by pump sets, burnout sets... i even started doing a little bit one legged jumps because i constantly hear people preaching 'plyometrics make your legs huge...' and i can't disagree completely based on some of my clients.. so i'm a bit pissed and lost here.

My lower body tends to be really strong in relation to size, they get hard, not big... i'm that type.

Anybody with shitty genetics who got great calves despite them wanna chime in?? or ANYONE for that matter!

Well, I seem to have good luck with my calf workout. Maybe you or someone else might like to try it.

WARNING: You will have VERY sore calves after this nightmare workout! :) (At least your better have!)

I. Leg Press Calf Presses:
A) Starting w/1 plate (45lbs, 20kg) on each slide of the sled, do ~20 reps.
B) Add 1 plate to each side after EVERY set and do 15 reps. I work up to 6 plates each side, BUT I only get around 6-8 reps for that set. ONLY REST BETWEEN SETS SHOULD COME FROM BRIEF CALF STRETCHING. Once you reach a weight that you can only get ~6 reps, start stripping off plates (1 from each side), and working your way back down. DO AS MANY REPS AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE FOR EACH OF THESE SETS TOO. When you get to only two plates left, burn the hell out.

NOTE: Keep legs straight (very slight bend in them).

II. Seated Calf Raises: 2 plates 12-15 x 1 set, 3 plates 12-15 x 3 sets, 4 plates x 6 sets

III. Single-legged DB raises: I use the back of an inclined bench (it has a nice ledge on it).....just find a good ledge where you can get a good stretch on the calves. Holding a dumbbell in one hand, work 1 leg at a time. Pyramid up, doing 8-10 reps/set. Get three really hard sets.

You are now done and your calves should be TOAST and you'll walk like a dufus for days :) I do this 1x EW for calves.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Parillo style fascia stretching works well. Pump, extreme long- assed stretch under load...almost unbearable pain, pose till you cramp. REPEAT.

Calf fascia is very tight for most people. Thats why some resort to oil injects ...it stretches the fascia & gives room to grow.

Parillo fascia stretching is a more sane way to do the same thing.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Well, I seem to have good luck with my calf workout. Maybe you or someone else might like to try it.

WARNING: You will have VERY sore calves after this nightmare workout! :) (At least your better have!)

I. Leg Press Calf Presses:
A) Starting w/1 plate (45lbs, 20kg) on each slide of the sled, do ~20 reps.
B) Add 1 plate to each side after EVERY set and do 15 reps. I work up to 6 plates each side, BUT I only get around 6-8 reps for that set. ONLY REST BETWEEN SETS SHOULD COME FROM BRIEF CALF STRETCHING. Once you reach a weight that you can only get ~6 reps, start stripping off plates (1 from each side), and working your way back down. DO AS MANY REPS AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE FOR EACH OF THESE SETS TOO. When you get to only two plates left, burn the hell out.

NOTE: Keep legs straight (very slight bend in them).

II. Seated Calf Raises: 2 plates 12-15 x 1 set, 3 plates 12-15 x 3 sets, 4 plates x 6 sets

III. Single-legged DB raises: I use the back of an inclined bench (it has a nice ledge on it).....just find a good ledge where you can get a good stretch on the calves. Holding a dumbbell in one hand, work 1 leg at a time. Pyramid up, doing 8-10 reps/set. Get three really hard sets.

You are now done and your calves should be TOAST and you'll walk like a dufus for days :) I do this 1x EW for calves.
How long have you been doing that for and how well does it seem to be working?

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Parillo style fascia stretching works well. Pump, extreme long- assed stretch under load...almost unbearable pain, pose till you cramp. REPEAT.

Calf fascia is very tight for most people. Thats why some resort to oil injects ...it stretches the fascia & gives room to grow.

Parillo fascia stretching is a more sane way to do the same thing.
yes i now do these in between sets on whatever equipment im on. awesome stretch. i have so much time just now to focus on calves, im murdering them.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been doing that for and how well does it seem to be working?
I have been doing it for ~1 year (some workouts I do something different, but the majority I resort to the workout I posted above).

How well do they seem to be working? I would say improved shape of my calves (greater angles in the cuts) and overall improved belly so-to-speak. I am not known for huge calves...I'm not that "Dad" that walks around w/the basketballs hanging off the back of his legs! When younger, I Was a hardgainer for calves. I have made huge gains in them. Maybe I'll post a photo or two.

BTW, that workout I posted....pumps, as you prob. know, are outrageous. I'm also horrifically sore for days so yes, they are getting beat the hell up.

:thumbsup: