natural IGF-1 boost from food?

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
what types of food or nutrients will raise natural IGF-1?
or what type of diet?

and what time of the day would be best to consume these foods/nutrients?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whey protein.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
have you ever heard of protein serum?
supposedly it is the isolated IGF-1 and other immunoglobulin taken from the blood plasma of young beef cattle.
it sounds kinda fishy to me but i came across it when i was doin a lil research.
they make some pretty bold claims, but might be worth giving a shot

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Link please so I can read. I am interested my self.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
id be very curious to see what the amino profile of this stuff would look like

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can raise IGF-1 levels with training and protein supplementation, but taking oral exogenous IGF-1 is pointless because it will not survive the stomach/liver.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
i understand that igf-1 is destroyed in the stomach, but this protein serum stuff is just a protein shake. that is geared more towards raising igf levels not actually drinking igf-1. if that were the care it would proli be a much more expensive shake

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weird. Seems interesting.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
just got more info from the manufacturer check it!

Below is the amino acid profile of the Protein Serum product you've been buying. While the immunoglobulin level in the new raw material we're using is 225% higher with a level of 45% and the Protein Serum product you've been taking that is at 20%, I found out from our lab today that the amino acid profile of the current product and new product are the same. Below are the amounts in grams for each amino acid per 100 grams of product, which means there would be 22% of the amounts of each amino acid below per scoop. The protein in the Protein Serum product you've been buying absorbs at a much higher rate because it has an immmunoglobulin level 8x higher than whey protein isolate. The new version will be a minimum of 15x stronger than whey isolate. We've had batches as high as almost 19x higher but we guarantee 15x. Thanks!

Based on 100g of protein

Alanine 4.3 g

Arginine 5.0 g

Aspartic Acid 9.2 g

Cystine 2.9 g

Glutamic Acid 11.6 g

Glycine 4.0 g

Histidine 2.8 g

Isoleucine 2.7 g

Leucine 7.6 g

Lysine 8.3 g

Methionine 2.8 g

Phenylalanine 4.7 g

Proline 5.5 g

Serine 8.5 g

Threonine 7.0 g

Tryptophan 1.6 g

Tyrosine 4.9 g

Valine 6.6 g

Best wishes,
Jim Adducci
Body Genie, Inc.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
i replied by asking about how this was suppose to effect igf-1 levels, and when there new product is suppose to be coming out. also offered to help out with testing(maybe get some free shyt to try out) so... ill keep those interested posted when i find out.

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
im afraid its a load of bull. any decent quality protein source will induce the same response with resepct to endogenous igf-1 levels as this suposed serum.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
im afraid its a load of bull. any decent quality protein source will induce the same response with resepct to endogenous igf-1 levels as this suposed serum.
I agree, Pumbertot. It's infuritating what mental notions some companies instill in their potential customers.

That amino acid blend listed above is nothing special. The ratios may differ between protein sources, but they are not exclusive to any kind of particular action at those dosages.
I get all these amino profiles in my diet natuarally through multiple protein sources.

Also was mentioned that the blend is supposed to be geared in helping natural IGF production or some such nonsense.
The only reason I see they can say that is, because they are supplying the building blocks of peptides/growth factors (Duh). Any decent protein source will supply an adequet amino profile for this.
Just because you get the aminos in you, does not affect the processes that will eventually utilze them for growth factor production.

Example: Not like the somatotrophs in my pituitary will see all those aminos comming at them and start "speed knitting" 191 chain amino sequences like my grandma on meth or something... sheesh.
Just like when you take more protein than needed for current muscular protein synthesis needs. Just because you got it in you, does not mean it will be utilized.

Granted, certain amino acids do produce a beneficial response to aid growth factor levels, not as "raws" for their production, but as triggers. L-Arginine for example can inhibit somatostatin tone, thus increasing GH levels to a certain degree. There is dose dependancy to this as the study/trial I have seen use 8g of L-Arginine for this purpose. However, this is not the intent of the product above....

Anyhow, I'm hungry so off to meal #2. Maybe I'll make myself an IGF Sandwich :)

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
this was the response i got after my last inquiry ....

There is 4x the level of IGF-1 in Protein Serum, both in the current and the new version, than whey isolate. It has another ingredient TGF-b that increases the body's ability to absorb IGF-1 by about 30%.The new Protein Serum will be packaged in a one pound container with a very similar nutritional profile and recommended use, but will be made with a raw material 225% stronger than our former product.The new Protein Serum will be fifteen times stronger than whey protein isolate, with a guaranteed immunoglobulin level of 45%.

..... maybe a load of bull like some of you seem to think but hey iv gotten 3 of the 4 tubs iv used for free and i have had some really good results with it.
some above seemed interested the first time, so i was just trying to provide some more info.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
this was the response i got after my last inquiry ....

There is 4x the level of IGF-1 in Protein Serum, both in the current and the new version, than whey isolate. It has another ingredient TGF-b that increases the body's ability to absorb IGF-1 by about 30%.The new Protein Serum will be packaged in a one pound container with a very similar nutritional profile and recommended use, but will be made with a raw material 225% stronger than our former product.The new Protein Serum will be fifteen times stronger than whey protein isolate, with a guaranteed immunoglobulin level of 45%.

..... maybe a load of bull like some of you seem to think but hey iv gotten 3 of the 4 tubs iv used for free and i have had some really good results with it.
some above seemed interested the first time, so i was just trying to provide some more info.
TGF-b is Transforming Growth Factor Beta is a Growth Factor just like IGF. It agonises cell types to proliferate/differentiate especially in healing/wound repair processes. Just like IGF-1 or GH or like peptides have ZERO bioavailability orally. These growth factors can only be utilized by injection. They will be broken down in your gut just like any other protein/peptide structure. The gut does not discriminate against proteins. If you take TGF or IGF orally they will be broken down into their respective amino acids or shorter pepetide chains (few aminos together). Done. Nothing else can happen here, guaranteed.
As for the bit about TGF increasing the body's ability to absorb IGF-1. It makes no sense whatsoever if you know anything about what these growth factors are, their physiology and their method of action. Complete and utter BS, sorry to be so blunt.

Don't get me wrong, it is great to be interested in things. It's just that you have to approach it with common sense and understanding of the basic processes as well as learning about what these things are.
Just because someone says something especially a manufacturer does not make it true. You can't just blindly say "well that sounds good", if you have not actually learned about the topic being discussed. Thats how people "pull a fast one" on others... Thats how manufacturers often prey on the laymen's ignorance of the topic at hand. ...
This forum is dedicated to Growth Factors on a very profound level and I would trust the knowledge in here as it pertains to this field.

My 2 cents.

Take Care. :)

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
bobaslaw, i appreciate the input greatly, and the break down of how it all works.
i admit i am no expert in the subject matter if IGF or GH and i guess if you do have some knowledge about this subject it is clear from my above posts that i am no expert.
i have never thought of protein serum as being on IGF-1 just as another protein source. just thought id see if anyone else had any ideas or thoughts about it. thanks

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
TGF-b is Transforming Growth Factor Beta is a Growth Factor just like IGF. It agonises cell types to proliferate/differentiate especially in healing/wound repair processes. Just like IGF-1 or GH or like peptides have ZERO bioavailability orally. These growth factors can only be utilized by injection. They will be broken down in your gut just like any other protein/peptide structure. The gut does not discriminate against proteins. If you take TGF or IGF orally they will be broken down into their respective amino acids or shorter pepetide chains (few aminos together). Done. Nothing else can happen here, guaranteed.
As for the bit about TGF increasing the body's ability to absorb IGF-1. It makes no sense whatsoever if you know anything about what these growth factors are, their physiology and their method of action. Complete and utter BS, sorry to be so blunt.

Don't get me wrong, it is great to be interested in things. It's just that you have to approach it with common sense and understanding of the basic processes as well as learning about what these things are.
Just because someone says something especially a manufacturer does not make it true. You can't just blindly say "well that sounds good", if you have not actually learned about the topic being discussed. Thats how people "pull a fast one" on others... Thats how manufacturers often prey on the laymen's ignorance of the topic at hand. ...
This forum is dedicated to Growth Factors on a very profound level and I would trust the knowledge in here as it pertains to this field.

My 2 cents.

Take Care. :)
great reply. as Boba is saying not that the supplement wont work at all because it may well supply a good amount of aminos and hence work as well as quality WPI would. but it will not increas igf-1 or any other browth factors in a away the manufacturers are claiming and that is a 100% fact.
looking at your pics sportsbro21 you are carrying a decent amount of muscle so im sure you know how to train and eat right. just save your money and get some real igf-1, you will love the results. ;)

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am SO new, and THOROUGHLY confused, with this type of stuff!!! I am a type 1 diabetic and am not grasping the correlation between my insulin and IGF-1. Could someone PLEASE explain in simple newbie - girl language? I'm trying to lose weight and tone, not bulk up.
You need to make your own topic, not bump an almost decade old topic