eye wash with IGF...

bodysculpt

Awards
sorry bout the dumb title but Im sure it got your attention to read my dumb post..

I have some sterile Eye Wash:

on the label it says:

"Normal Saline, STERILE A,
sodium chloride USP 5.7g/L,
potassium phosphate monobasic 6.8g/L
Eye and wound wash."

It also says "Not for injection"

After reading I gather it was Phosphate buffered saline and found a wiki description..

Phosphate buffered saline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Monopotassium phosphate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is the Monopotassium phosphate in the solution an issue..?

Could this possibly be used for NaCl component with the IGF?

need a pharmacist..

Cheers

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't need NaCl with your IGF in the first place. You just need to mix with dilute acetic acid.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
You don't need NaCl with your IGF in the first place. You just need to mix with dilute acetic acid.
Well that is your opinion and you certainly may express it but the concern is that even when people use the proper concentration of AA to dissolve the igf peptide, the AA is still an acid and it does damage muscle tissue. Therefore it is counterproductive to the use of igf (IM of course) to create new muscle tissue IF the buffer you are using (here the acetic acid) destroys the muscle tissue at the injection site.

I have used igf mixed in AA w/o diluting with BW or sterile water. It stung just about as bad as it does with the dilution. However I am less concerned with possible tissue damage when I add the dilutent.

Nonetheless, the standard for use in BB is to dilute.

Also bodysculpt, I have wondered the same thing about contact saline solution.

bb

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
My question is WHY would you do that, when bac. water is so easy to acquire???

bodysculpt

Awards
My question is WHY would you do that, when bac. water is so easy to acquire???
Oh, but I thought I read somewhere that using BW as a dilutent reduces its potency (i have no idea why). if that isnt the case then sweet, I'll use BW?

still, in the name of science it would be interesting to know if the above product can be used as a dilutent.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a lot of "yes it does" "no it doesn't" with using benzyl alcohol. I think Redwolf posted a study done on IGF-LR3 storage in BW, if I remember correctly.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
But we dont STORE igf in BW. Because chinese igf for the most part will not properly dissolve in BW, we use AA to achieve the proper ph balance that maintains the peptide.

Most only use BW to dilute the AA/igf solution immediately prior to the shot. If I remember tomorrow I will post the GroPep info for mixing igf.

bb

bb

bodysculpt

Awards
But we dont STORE igf in BW. Because chinese igf for the most part will not properly dissolve in BW, we use AA to achieve the proper ph balance that maintains the peptide.

Most only use BW to dilute the AA/igf solution immediately prior to the shot. If I remember tomorrow I will post the GroPep info for mixing igf.

bb

bb
Yup my point exactly... I wasnt completely clear in my other posts.. lazy typing hands..

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Ok I think I get it. No, we don't reconstitute IGF with bac. water, we use AA. However, we dilute this IN THE PIN with bac. water, because AA stings, and there are reports that AA can possibly kill muscle cells.

IGF reconstituted with bac. water has a life span of only several hours from what I understand. Reconstituted with AA, and its good for 2 years at room temperature.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Right and the original poster wanted to know if sterile saline can be used to dilute in the pin. Why? Well I suppose b/c its HELL of a lot cheaper than BW. You can buy a giant bottle for $3. You can get 30ml of BW for $5.

bb

ministeroweight

ministeroweight

Awards
$5?

If you cant afford the $5 to do it properly, maybe you shouldn't be doing it..........just thinking.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
If you cant afford the $5 to do it properly, maybe you shouldn't be doing it..........just thinking.
Agreed. Its extremely cheap "insurance" that what you are getting is sterile and ready to be put into your subjects body.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

bb

bb
Diluting in NaCl lowers the pH; hence, we're back to the same issue in which we've started.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
So does the same thinking apply to making your own acetic acid from vinegar? This is a valid question IMO and I would like to know the answer as well.

bb

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Diluting in NaCl lowers the pH; hence, we're back to the same issue in which we've started.
True but considering the NaCL is mixed with the igf for about 20 seconds, well thats something I can live with. I would prefer slightly less potent igf than causing tissue damage from injecting straight AA. I guess you have never done igf based on your posts.

bb

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
So does the same thinking apply to making your own acetic acid from vinegar? This is a valid question IMO and I would like to know the answer as well.

bb
I would say no, because .6% sterile acetic acid has become very hard to find. I am going to be making some soon I think.

ministeroweight

ministeroweight

Awards
Plus, I think making your own AA when you cannot find it anywhere is totally different than wanting to use saline solution to dilute when BW is abundant and can be found anywhere.

feelinhulkish

Awards
I bought 1000ml of acetic acid (irragation) each 100ml contains 250mg. Ph 3.1 (2.8 to 3.4) sterile nonpyrogenic. Not for injection. Can I use this for igf-1 and can I dilute with distilled water that I filter