injecting igf-1 into abs?

  1. New Member
    sam salters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    98%

    injecting igf-1 into abs?


    Anyone tried it before? I have been working on building my abs up for a while and this would be something fun to try out, haven't heard of anyone else doing it before though.

    I'm currently using it 3x week at 40mcg immediately PWO

    thanks,
    sam

  2. constant recomp
    Skircus7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    652
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    12.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Don't do this unless you want your intestines to grow
  3. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2190
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    47.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    well it all goes back to the argument of spot specific growth and whether or not PW shots really do directly effect the muscle worked. There are plenty of arguments both ways I personally have done both ways and saw no difference but to each his own. Either way I probably wouldn't take the chance just in case
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    sam salters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    98%

    Quote Originally Posted by Skircus7 View Post
    Don't do this unless you want your intestines to grow
    wrong? your intestines aren't gonna grow unless your husing high doses for a long time. injecting into your abs is not gonna be different than injecting into your bi's. just because they are closer to your intestines does not mean anything, the igf-1 travels through the bloodstream where it travels to the heart (no igf-1 receptors so no worries) and continues through the system.
  5. New Member
    sam salters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    98%

    Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    well it all goes back to the argument of spot specific growth and whether or not PW shots really do directly effect the muscle worked. There are plenty of arguments both ways I personally have done both ways and saw no difference but to each his own. Either way I probably wouldn't take the chance just in case
    thats a good point. however, i have spoken with at least 50 users and every single one of them has reported site specific growth, not immediate growth but within a little time. One guy I know on another forum who is a vet and really knows his stuff said his calves had not grown in years and after using igf-1 he added an inch to his calves in little time
  6. Senior Member
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1044
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    9.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Then try it and let us know if you guts grow or your abs grow.
  7. New Member
    ocho86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    108
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%

    Quote Originally Posted by sam salters View Post
    wrong? your intestines aren't gonna grow unless your husing high doses for a long time. injecting into your abs is not gonna be different than injecting into your bi's. just because they are closer to your intestines does not mean anything, the igf-1 travels through the bloodstream where it travels to the heart (no igf-1 receptors so no worries) and continues through the system.
    I agree. As long as you are just injecting a small amount pwo, i would think it should be fine. Your abs start like 4 inches from your pecs and people have no problem injecting those. I don't know why you would want to grow out your abs but to each his own. In the end you still might like look you got that gh gut cause your abs have gotten bigger but I don't see why your intestines would grow from this.
  8. Senior Member
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    842
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    57.58%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    ...
  9. New Member
    sam salters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    98%

    Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    It doesn't matter. Most is gonna go systemic anyway no matter whether you inject in a specific site PWO or not. That doesn't mean you won't get site specific benefits...it just means most will circulate in the bloodstream and be used elsewhere.

    My first 2 courses of IGF-1 I injected PWO and within a few months almost all of my gastrointestinal problems healed. I'd had some of those medical problems for 20+ years. I'd been on a lot of meds one for 20+ years. In fact I couldn't get through my day without them.

    I've been medication free for a while now and those problems I had before have never returned...my doctor was amazed...and I am 100% positive it was the IGF-1 LR3 finding those intestinal receptors that healed me up....repaired the intestinal lining and such...

    I never noticed any VISIBLE gut growth even though clearly it acted on my intestinal receptors.
    thats awesome man, glad your finally off your meds

    ive read stories from a few guys on hgh or igf-1 that had surgery and healed at amazing rates, like 9 inch incisions that should take weeks to fully heal being healed in 5 or 6 days
  10. Banned
    N4cer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

    I was one of the first few humans to use IGF and I've seen literally hundreds of users and honestly they've noticed only temporary injection site improvement, most likely from the solvents irritating the tissues. All reported no intestinal growth, and honestly after all this time and people there is nothing more than theoretical BS and fools repeating it when it comes to it causing GH gut from IGF. That comes from super heavy lifting and insane food quantities combined with slin as well as IGF or GH. Not to mention, since IGF's effects are systemic, why would you say that abdominal injections would cause intestinal growth, as if delt injects wouldn't? That's repeating crap write-ups by theorists who need to stop writing and start lifting. I'm sure that since we've studied it A LOT together, Jminis would agree.
  11. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Rep Power
    403149
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    83.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Yea I think it would be great to do subq so that it gets even amounts every where. Looks like getting in the blood would be better and have it circulate it threw out the whole body.
  12. Banned
    N4cer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    Yea I think it would be great to do subq so that it gets even amounts every where. Looks like getting in the blood would be better and have it circulate it threw out the whole body.
    Even IM it mostly goes systemic.
  13. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Rep Power
    403149
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    83.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I mean heck if its only going to speed it up by a small % than why go threw the pain when SubQ is zero pain compared to the some pain or lot of pain you do with IM.
  14. Banned
    N4cer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    I mean heck if its only going to speed it up by a small % than why go threw the pain when SubQ is zero pain compared to the some pain or lot of pain you do with IM.
    Because people are gullible and believe everything they read. They think if it's in a write-up or has a study with it, it must be the Gospel, despite everyday experiences showing otherwise.
  15. New Member
    babyblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    337
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

    I agree w/u N4cer. In fact I believe that human prescription igf products are indeed injected subQ. The only issue I have is the AA, and whether injecting shallowly under the skin can cause any problems. I 'heard' one guy who injected subQ and the AA ate thru his skin, but of course thats bromythology & no telling even if true if the guy diluted w/BW or sterile water.

    bb
  16. Banned
    N4cer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu View Post
    I agree w/u N4cer. In fact I believe that human prescription igf products are indeed injected subQ. The only issue I have is the AA, and whether injecting shallowly under the skin can cause any problems. I 'heard' one guy who injected subQ and the AA ate thru his skin, but of course thats bromythology & no telling even if true if the guy diluted w/BW or sterile water.

    bb
    Well, the one I know too well was using BA. Remember, BA worked great for years before a certain source decided to use AA as a selling point. It's good since the BA won't work with the Chinese IGF for reasons you are aware of. But yes, the guy didn't use enough bact. water.
  17. New Member
    babyblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    337
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

    Yeah Im sure BA has less 'sting' to it.

    bb
  18. Banned
    N4cer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    691
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

    BA has way more sting. It's straight alcohol. Melted the skin right between his fingers. I'll tell you more some day.
  19. Senior Member
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    842
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    57.58%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    BA has way more sting. It's straight alcohol. Melted the skin right between his fingers. I'll tell you more some day.
    I once had BA & BB on my hands for an hour and my hands became like sandpaper...it was very nasty. It makes you think about using those solvents beneath your skin...can't be good.
  20. Professional Member
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2357
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    80.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This thread is good. I agree with N4cer. You have to think about how many things the pros use to get that big. And with heavy squats and deads of course itll grow their gut more. I see it even when i used to do deads religiously, my gut would firm up and bulge.

    I think that this is good becasue most of the time people do tend to latch onto one theory and run with it. The only way to do it is research for yourself guys.

    N4cer- Reps.
  21. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2190
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    47.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    All in all good info in here. Sam bottom line is if you want to try it go ahead but myself, n4cer, and many others don't see the point being IGF works systematically. As I said some will argue the point, but I don't have time to argue anymore with online tough guy guru's. I base my knowledge and opinions from two sources, 90% my personal experience 10% reading.
  22. New Member
    hd250's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  275 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    81
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    32%

    ok, i decided to try this sub q. I can say it seems to reduce fat around my waist without calorie restriction. I'm using 40-50 mcg. 4-5 x week. I can tell you for certain this is what it is, as i started noticing the change after the second shot. I even went back to im for a couple, and there was no noticeable change in bf.

    250
  23. Professional Member
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2357
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    80.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So i thought i remember reading in a sticky here that most low dose is ok subQ. I think 50mcgs and lower it was.
    The only reason most theories say chance of intestinal growth is casue most receptors are in the intestine.

    I was thinking of starting long term use of it at a small 40mcgs. I have to say, after reading around a bit, I think it is mental or has no difference to go IM or SubQ with this. Im still kind of new to peptides though and learning.
  24. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Rep Power
    403149
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    83.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Heck at low dosage it should be fine. I am medium dosaging pegmgf and I do sub q and have no problems. I still have not seen difference much but I have only been using it for 5 weeks so far. I have to be on it for at least a good 8-10 weeks to notice any thing.
  25. New Member
    Bobaslaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    10700
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    6.93%

    Just for the record, injecting IGF-1 into the abs is not synonymous with injecting IGF-1 sub-q.
    We need to distinguish this difference as abs are abdominals and that would be IM. Sub-q hs nothing to do with abs, Other than the fact that is the most common sub-q location (between the abdominals and skin). Sub-q can be done under the skin in many places in the body...

    That being said, another note on dosage and delivery type (sub-q/IM).
    If you are primarily looking for muscle cell agonism by IGF, IM makes more sense. Why? Well, because if you weigh 200lbs and want to maximally agonise your bicep (or abs or whatever muscle group) and inject 50mcg of IGF-1 sub-q, you have just injected 50mcg per 200lbs of body weight (0.25 mcg/lb). Without getting into complex science, I will guestimate that each lb of muscle will get an amount of IGF-1 closer to .025mcg/lb than the same 50mcg dose IM.
    With IM the local muscle group receptor saturation will be exposed to the maximum amount of the same IGF dose before the rest goes sytemic. I'm sure it is quite obvious you have given the particular muscle group a greater exposure to the same dose of IGF-1 this way even if the remainder of IGF-1 ends up systemic.
    Now, I have no real world proof of what systemic doses/duration one can be exposed to before gut growth is a concern.
    I do know many claim to have decent fat loss with IGF-1 use. The mechanisms by which IGF-1 reduces lipogenesis in adipose tissue is not fully understood, however this study does draw some conclusions that IGF does not directly agonise adiposites as they do not have functional Type I IGF-1 receptors. The belief is that the actual mechanism lies in the decrease of insulin levels in the body from exogenous IGF-1. Given this it seems unlikely that sub-q IGF-1 for local fat burning is necessary as IM would affect this proposed method of action just the same as sub-q. This is however just another drawn conclusion from "another" study...
    Who knows, we may possibly find out the method of action may be the weaker binding of IGF-1 to the IR (insulin receptor) in adipose tissue, occupying the receptor and keeping it from binding with insulin...

    Anyhow, sorry for the rambling.. Just throwing out related interesting stuff (at least to me)

    http://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/co...ull/278/4/E729

    IGF-I is believed to mediate some of the effects of GH via endocrine and paracrine mechanisms (14, 17, 40). However, direct effects of IGF-I in the liver and adipose tissue are unlikely, because these tissues lack functional type I IGF receptors (18, 29). IGF-I inhibits both GH (17, 18, 29) and insulin secretion (18, 27, 29, 36), further indicating an intimate relation between these hormones in the regulation of growth and metabolism.


    Our results suggest that IGF-I reduces body fat mass via an inhibition of the lipogenic capacity of adipocytes. IGF-I probably reduces lipogenesis in adipose tissue via inhibition of insulin secretion. Moreover, an increased catecholamine-inducible lipolysis may also contribute to reduced body fat mass. In view of the present results and previous reports, it seems appropriate to conclude that IGF-I plays an important role in the regulation of intermediary metabolism, serving as a modulator of the effects of GH and insulin in this regulation. The potential of IGF-I for treatment of type II diabetes is further substantiated in this study by the findings of a decreased lipogenesis in adipose tissue and an insulin-like effect in skeletal muscle.
  26. Professional Member
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2357
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    80.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Good point/post.
    But if i may ask something simple....
    So implying the IM injection will be more effective toward amount:recetor ratio as you mentioned using the bicep as an example.
    Also, as you said, a skin flap is all you need. So would shooting SubQ quad area be more effective SubQ stomach?
    It seems that is where most peoples fear is in the SubQ stomach area is that it is so close to the intestines.
    But in theory, yours it would seem or just mine, SubQ quad, still disperses alot, BUT less chance of having as large of an effect on the instestine.

    I hope what i said makes sense.
  27. New Member
    Bobaslaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    10700
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    6.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Good point/post.
    But if i may ask something simple....
    So implying the IM injection will be more effective toward amount:recetor ratio as you mentioned using the bicep as an example.
    Also, as you said, a skin flap is all you need. So would shooting SubQ quad area be more effective SubQ stomach?
    It seems that is where most peoples fear is in the SubQ stomach area is that it is so close to the intestines.
    But in theory, yours it would seem or just mine, SubQ quad, still disperses alot, BUT less chance of having as large of an effect on the instestine.

    I hope what i said makes sense.
    Total Misconception here! (for anyone who believes that subq abs is closer to the intestines.

    Thats like saying if you are on a freeway, the other side (opposite lane of traffic) is closer to get to, when in fact you would need to travel down the freeway for a while get off the off ramp, traverse the surface streets, then get on the onramp for the opposite direction, and finally get to the point on the freeway you were just across from at the beginning of this statement...

    Do you see the correlation? Subq anywhere in the body needs to go systemic and use the blood vessels (circulatory network)to get to the rest of the body. Sub q in the ab area is not close to the intestinse via the circulatory system network. There is no BV that goes from the subq region of the abs directly into the intestines (through the abdominal wall, or whatever is imagined)...

    Good question, as many have had this misconception.
  28. Professional Member
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2357
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    80.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    thank you. I do understand more now. I re-read your post prior to mine also.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. injecting IGF-1 LR-3 into your penis
    By jcssmooth in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 05:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 07:19 AM
  3. Injecting IGF without wasting any of it...?
    By utk1976 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 07:55 AM
  4. Injecting igf pre WO?
    By th0m in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 11:27 AM
  5. Welts after injecting IGF-1 Sub-Q
    By superjoe in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 02:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in