any Myostatin or SARM updates?

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
these two things were hot topic not too long ago....any new news with regards to either?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think they went the way of the battery operated car.

As of current, it's safer and more effective to do what we've been doing.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think they went the way of the battery operated car.

As of current, it's safer and more effective to do what we've been doing.
yea..agreed...just thought there would be some underground research innovation..

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never really saw the point behind SARM's for use as an anabolic. Blocked AR's will just tell the body it doesn't need as many androgens to function. It might be useful for MPB or BPH, but other than that, meh, I dunno.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I never really saw the point behind SARM's for use as an anabolic. Blocked AR's will just tell the body it doesn't need as many androgens to function. It might be useful for MPB or BPH, but other than that, meh, I dunno.
this is true...it will still be interesting to see how they fit into the bodybuilding world...if at all.

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
I thought SARM's were Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators? Wouldnt SARMs selectivity for the Androgen receptors specifically in muscle tissue and with no affinity for Androgen receptors on the hypothalamus cause the body not to downregulate androgen production as it does not detect it at the hypothalamus? I thought that was the reason for the interest.

-Soma

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought SARM's were Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators? Wouldnt SARMs selectivity for the Androgen receptors specifically in muscle tissue and with no affinity for Androgen receptors on the hypothalamus cause the body not to downregulate androgen production as it does not detect it at the hypothalamus? I thought that was the reason for the interest.

-Soma
Why would you want to block AR's in the muscle? That would do to your muscles what Nolvadex does to gyno.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have you read the studies with S-4? I cant remember specifics but I read a few a while back and I thought it looked very very promising.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't read the studies. I'm speaking in theoretics in this thread. It hasn't really interested me so much yet to look into further.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haven't read the studies. I'm speaking in theoretics in this thread. It hasn't really interested me so much yet to look into further.
Gotcha...maybe I'll grab some abstracts and post them later.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gotcha...maybe I'll grab some abstracts and post them later.
I think I read a few of them a while ago in misc places...i do remember it looking the look wave of the future for bodybuilding. However, nothing works like it does on paper.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think I read a few of them a while ago in misc places...i do remember it looking the look wave of the future for bodybuilding. However, nothing works like it does on paper.
Yeah there is a ton of info if you just search "SARM" on pudmed (lol I mean pubmed). Looks like its a ways off from our scene though.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah there is a ton of info if you just search "SARM" on pudmed (lol I mean pubmed). Looks like its a ways off from our scene though.
yea hahaha "pudmed" nice one....anyway I think roids will do us just fine and dandy for a while.

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
Why would you want to block AR's in the muscle? That would do to your muscles what Nolvadex does to gyno.
Well nolvadex is an estrogen receptor antagonist in some tissues(and an agonist in others), but if the SARMs were agonists(like testosterone) of the androgen receptor, but with selectivity for primarily muscle tissue then i would think there could be a benefit for muscle development.

-Soma

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well nolvadex is an estrogen receptor antagonist in some tissues(and an agonist in others), but if the SARMs were agonists(like testosterone) of the androgen receptor, but with selectivity for primarily muscle tissue then i would think there could be a benefit for muscle development.

-Soma
right, and different SARM's are created for different functions. Not all are for skeletal muscle growth. Some may be specifically for treating osteoporosis in men for example

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Wrong. SARMS will be another weapon in the arsenal and very soon. I will be running S-4 VERY soon (within a month), if the raw material is soluble in peg300 or everclear. You just have to know the right people.... ;)

bb

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Wrong. SARMS will be another weapon in the arsenal and very soon. I will be running S-4 VERY soon (within a month), if the raw material is soluble in peg300 or everclear. You just have to know the right people.... ;)

bb
Was this directed at me? I wasn't talking about SARMs in general but the one posted in the post I quoted.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
No Zircote not directed at you; at those who think SARMs are some far-off product or non-existent fairy tales. They are real and they are available. And I am excited.....

bb

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No Zircote not directed at you; at those who think SARMs are some far-off product or non-existent fairy tales. They are real and they are available. And I am excited.....

bb
Be sure to update us man.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Most definitely N4cer!! I will post whenever the S-4 arrives. The primary concern right now is whether it will be soluble.

Oh and N4cer, I need to get up with you. I want to get a remote starter put on my wife's car. Your buddies at T-Blazers do that?

guyver2k

Awards
Um are there any lab companies planning to come out with this stuff??? like can someone put a list together?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator, the idea is like SERMs- pick and choose what receptors you want to block or activate. I would be weary of a supplement claiming 1)It's a SARM and 2)That it only selects skeletal muscle tissue.

isoc

Awards
  • Established
Will be interested to see feedback on the S-4, I heard that it could be soon. Guys, BB knows what he is talking about, very knowledgeable and experienced, glad to see someone of good rep will be researching. BB will your lab rat be using this solo or in conjunction with other research?

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Unsure at this point isoc. I will be doing in vitro experimentation only as I dont have a permit for rats yet. But I might see if the addition of pegMGF increases the anabolic activity of the S-4.

bb

isoc

Awards
  • Established
From what I have heard PEGMGF seems to be a pretty good addition to any type of research, very versatile. Either way, this is pretty exciting stuff.

BB, is the s-4 an agent that, theoretically speaking of course, would be useful in a post-androgen setting in an in vitro study?

guyver2k

Awards
is there any company or lab trying to formulate myostatin or sarms now? if so how long will the wait be do you think?
I seen some products on google but the seem like BS

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Yes I am looking at hopefully running a cycle of S-4 within a month. PM me for more info if you want.

bb

guyver2k

Awards
whoa ur really gonna test it on urself???
u sure u wanna do that bb? i think i'd wait for the rat permit lol

guyver2k

Awards
here's a new question.
with what we know (and by we i mean you all)
which seems to be the best sarm coming out?
there's BMS-564929, osterine. can we get more listed with potential pros/cons?
which ppl think will come out faster/safer?

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Guyver,

I only do in vitro research; no human or animal testing.

bb

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree we should get a list of them all on here and start discussing their individual benefits/drawbacks/mode of action/ etc etc etc

rockstar6181

Awards
the myostatin products which are in phase 2 trails for muscle wasting look most promising. I was always dissapointed some of the big drug companies didnt invest in new ways to deliver test for example - a version suspended in sterile water that can be taken sub q.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
sarms and myostatin blockers are already in use in some elite level athletes.

for example: china's very well funded government athletic program....i can guarantee we will see some crazy chinese atheletes in this summer's olympic games.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
What category would RPM from App Nut, p-sarm, or sarm-x fall into then? I thought these were SARMs? Maybe I'm wrong. Dunno.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
What category would RPM from App Nut, p-sarm, or sarm-x fall into then? I thought these were SARMs? Maybe I'm wrong. Dunno.
NO. Those are NOT real SARMs. SARMS are medicines that are in clinical testing, not something these supp companies are selling at GNC. You cant buy a SARM just anywhere :blink:

isoc

Awards
  • Established
gotta love the supplement industry marketing and advertising!
BB, is your research going to begin at 300mgs daily?

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Depends ISOC, I am waiting on more info from manufacturer.

bb

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
The question is why would sterile water be better for test injections? Well havent you guys heard of test suspension? Problem is the stuff has a very short half life requireing daily or multiple daily injects that are very painful. Hard to suspend a hormone powder in water guys. But I guess why sterile water would be 'better' is based on Rockstar's post, he assumes sterile water would be easier to inject subQ than an oil-based product.

bb

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
I might be overseeing a research experiment with this substance in about a week or 2.

bb