my igf-1 experience for healing

Status
Not open for further replies.

beauzobrehm8

Banned
Awards
Three years ago I suffered an ischial tuberosity fracture aka pelvic avulsion as a result of a pulled hamstring. At the time I didn't realize how big of a deal this would be. I tried conservative treatment for about 8 months before opting for surgery. A screw was inserted and the injury healed to be "structurally sound" with the bone fragment reattaching. A couple months later the screw backed out while I was playing basketball, which was an interesting experience because I wasn't sure why I was experiencing so much pain and my butt was extremely swollen. Anyways I had a second, much less major, surgery where they removed the screw. The doc said everything was fine because the bone had already healed. Since this time about two years ago I've experienced some healing and improvement but not the full recovery that most people get from this type of injury.

Which brings me to my igf-1 experience: Desperate for a solution to heal my injury I tried igf-1 a couple of weeks ago. I ran it for 15 days @ what I believed to be 40 mcg, injected IM. The reason I'm not sure about the dosage is because it was supposed to last for 25 days (1 mg) but who knows how that happened. I stacked this with 6 grams of cissus per day. So I'm sitting here now, and I feel about the same as I did before. My leg is still tight, not as strong as the other leg, and i experience pain down my leg. At this point I have absolutely no idea what to do, which is why I'm here asking for advice. I think my lingering pain may be a result of sciatic nerve damage, but I'm not sure.

What do you guys think???

Beau

beauzobrehm8

Banned
Awards
bump, surely someone can help me? I am desperate.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it happend 3 years ago....thats a little late to use igf-1 for the healing process.

also, 40mgs ED is too high and too frequent a dosage.

beauzobrehm8

Banned
Awards
it happend 3 years ago....thats a little late to use igf-1 for the healing process.

I used it at that dose for 14 days, I think that's fine. So is the general consensus that.. I'm screwed?

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established

Agreed on both points. IGF won’t help with nerve or pain issues, but is quite effective for tendon or muscle damage.

Have you been back to a doctor or sports physician recently? You need to find out what is still causing pain before you figure out how you are going to treat it.

IGF is used to primarily speed up the healing process…which in your case happened 3 years ago so its highly unlikely that your still in the healing process.

When taking IGF post injury I take it every other day, and on the day I take it I split the dose. 20mcg in AM and 20mcg PM. (if I did some light training of the damaged area right before an injection I might bump that dose to 25-30mcg) This will allow you to run it much longer and utilize more of the IGF that you do inject in the damaged tissue. This will give you 6-7+ weeks out of a 1mg bottle, which is a much more appropriate time to allow for healing.

This is what works for me. That combined with some SuperCissus has made for some incredible recovery’s for me. Most recently, as detailed in my training log, going from a separated clavicle with torn tendons to doing workouts benching over 400lbs for reps again in less than 6 weeks. To give that perspective I had the same injury in high school and it took me 3 years to fully recover.

Have you been back to a doctor or sports physician recently? You need to find out what is still causing pain before you figure out how you are going to treat it.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
I fell off a ladder about 8 years ago and I bruised my arm all the way to the bone because what fell on. Even after the bruise healed I was left with tightness, a little weakness and dull pain when I used it. This pain is much different than nerve pain sense it is not extremily intense like nerve pinch. My arm still hurt like it was still a little bruised when I poked at the area. I talked to my doctor about this and he told me it was scar tissue within the muscle binding the muscle fibers together and recomended deep tissue massage to break up the scar tissue that was binding the muscle fibers together. What I did instead was use a back massage viperator with a rotating head that had pointy end on that area. It took about month of doing this every 3 days to fix the problem. It hurt to do this, but not horribly. It hurt less each time I did it.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I fell off a ladder about 8 years ago and I bruised my arm all the way to the bone because what fell on. Even after the bruise healed I was left with tightness, a little weakness and dull pain when I used it. This pain is much different than nerve pain sense it is not extremily intense like nerve pinch. My arm still hurt like it was still a little bruised when I poked at the area. I talked to my doctor about this and he told me it was scar tissue within the muscle binding the muscle fibers together and recomended deep tissue massage to break up the scar tissue that was binding the muscle fibers together. What I did instead was use a back massage viperator with a rotating head that had pointy end on that area. It took about month of doing this every 3 days to fix the problem. It hurt to do this, but not horribly. It hurt less each time I did it.
yep. i use deep tissue massage, electro accupuncture, and a transdermal tens unit at home to deel with adhesions, knots, and sometimes for inflamation.

Like i said. You need to figure out what is wrong before you determine treatment.

beauzobrehm8

Banned
Awards
My surgeon said that any pain I'm experiencing is from lack of stretching. I don't believe that... I have stretched ALOT the last three years. I'm going back to a different doctor monday, he's actually the doc that refered me to my surgeon. What I don't understand is from all the case studies I've read of other people with this injury, after (insert time) after surgery they all said that they had no complaints. I'm definately complaining!! I want my right leg to feel like my left leg. I have had deep tissue work, stretching, massage, e stim, ultrasound, I've lifted heavy, I've done sprints, multiple cissus cycles everything I can think of. It's hard to keep a positive attitude about this because I simply don't know what to do. I'm extremely determined to see that this problem goes away though.

beauzobrehm8

Banned
Awards
I went to the doc today, the one that originally diagnosed the injury. He said that he doesn't think I have bursitis or sciatica and that the injury looks fine on x-ray. He said that an injury like this would never heal entirely and that it wouldn't ever feel like my other leg. I'm getting an MRI within the next week or two and he's going to talk to his colleagues about possible options. All of my symptoms have been attributed to scar tissue for the time being, and he said there's not much I can really do about it. To be entirely honest, because at this point I don't really care if I get banned, I'm 16 years old and I had this injury when I was 13.

Beau

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
I went to the doc today, the one that originally diagnosed the injury. He said that he doesn't think I have bursitis or sciatica and that the injury looks fine on x-ray. He said that an injury like this would never heal entirely and that it wouldn't ever feel like my other leg. I'm getting an MRI within the next week or two and he's going to talk to his colleagues about possible options. All of my symptoms have been attributed to scar tissue for the time being, and he said there's not much I can really do about it. To be entirely honest, because at this point I don't really care if I get banned, I'm 16 years old and I had this injury when I was 13.

Beau
In a servere muscle injury scar tissue is formed between the individual muscle fibers. Binding them together so they no longer move independently. Stretching and deep tissue massage is probably what they will tell you to do. The problem is the stretching needs to be extreme to break it up. Deep tissue massage does tend to help but needs to be done over a long period of time and needs to done right. The scar tissue actually has to destroyed.

beauzobrehm8

Banned
Awards
Alright I had an MRI and went back to the doctor... According to the report my injury has healed normally and both the bone and muscle are properly attached, although my muscle via the staples or whatever they used to reattach it. My doctor said this was better than he was expecting but there are still a couple of issues (obviously or I wouldn't be complaining):
There is fluid build up at the point of insertion of the muscle and the ischial tuberosity. This indicates that I have ischial tendonitis. Also, of course, tendons don't heal with normal tissue, they heal with scar tissue. So basically my doc prescribed me an anti-inflammatory and told me this may be as good as it gets. He said as far as surgery goes there may be a "home run or strike out" option that he couldn't reccomend, and I trust his judgement. So the problem for me is I have this year and my senior year of high school left and then my competitive sports career is over. I absolutely refuse to give up on this so I'm going to do everything in my power to fix it.

I'm going to:
1. Stretch as much as possible
2. Self-massage DEEP and hard
3. EMS everyday
4. Ice after workout / practice
5. Lift heavy
6. Sprints, jumps, plyometrics
7. Pop cissus caps like candy
8. Glucosamine, MSM, chondroitin...?

Does anyone have anything to add to the list? I already tried IGF-1 and I had little to no results although my cycle was probably not optimal. Because I'm 16 years old I know that IGF-1 isn't really a great option, but feel free to throw out any suggestions.

Beau

edit: Also, I don't know if any of you follow football, but the Bear's Tommie Harris had the same injury I had and subsequently after surgery he seems fine. I'm very happy for him, but I don't feel fine and I don't understand his ability to recover vs. my ability to recover??

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
good. it sounds like you know what is wrong now. IGF will do nothing for the point your at.

You need to break up and destroy that scar tissue. There are several methods to do so. you have noted some.

Good Luck. It doesn't happen overnight but will work if you keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.