Poll: is IGF-1 worth it? price to benefiets?

IGF-1 worth it?

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i believe they made it to extend the half life.
    They made it so it would be a cost-efficient alternative to insulin in cell cultures, some of which express IGFBP's.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.23%

so is there any point in using igf-1 RH over the igf-1 LR3 version?
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.51%

Quote Originally Posted by stankydanky View Post
    so is there any point in using igf-1 RH over the igf-1 LR3 version?

thats the 6 million dollar question i guess. it can be argued both ways. but Grunt makes a strong point in the usefullness of LR3 which is hard to argue against.

i have seen localised growth from LR3, I cant say yet if its hyperplasia though I will surely find out,by seeing how much muscle i retain, when I cant train for the 4 month period following my pec repair in June this year.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.23%

Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post
    thats the 6 million dollar question i guess. it can be argued both ways. but Grunt makes a strong point in the usefullness of LR3 which is hard to argue against.

i have seen localised growth from LR3, I cant say yet if its hyperplasia though I will surely find out,by seeing how much muscle i retain, when I cant train for the 4 month period following my pec repair in June this year.
    lets be on honest, there is no way you will be able to tell if your gains came from hyperplasia or hypertrophy.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.51%

Quote Originally Posted by stankydanky View Post
    lets be on honest, there is no way you will be able to tell if your gains came from hyperplasia or hypertrophy.
    well i would argue that if i hold more size when not training than i did last time I was out injuerd this would be evidence of hyperplasia over hypertrophy as you would end up the same size untrained if it was only hypertrophy.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

well i would argue that if i hold more size when not training than i did last time I was out injuerd this would be evidence of hyperplasia over hypertrophy as you would end up the same size untrained if it was only hypertrophy.
    my thoughts exactly.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.39%

I agree. It shows at LEAST an increase in myonuclear number, a direct result of fusion of myoblasts which only IGF-1 can trigger.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.9%

Maybe it was covered somewhere else, but the title should be "IGF worth it, in comparison to HGH".
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.39%

I think at $100/mg for good quality IGF-1 the stuff is dirt cheap for what it does. At $200/mg it becomes arguable and at $300/mg you have to be stinking rich for it to be worth your while.

For me the breaking point is $150/mg.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt76 View Post
    I think at $100/mg for good quality IGF-1 the stuff is dirt cheap for what it does. At $200/mg it becomes arguable and at $300/mg you have to be stinking rich for it to be worth your while.

For me the breaking point is $150/mg.
    yes it is indeed. in fact over here in australia, its more cost effective than AAS due to the inflated prices. oh how i remember the good old days back in the UK when I paid £3 for an amp of organon sust.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
    Where did you hear that EPA is as good as IGF-1. If that's true I should be injecting fish oil.
    The capacity of EPA to block excessive muscle protein breakdown is powerful; itís anti-catabolic effects are shown to be even more potent than IGF-1. What a lot of bodybuilders donít realize is that their muscles produce a specific form of IGF in response to heavy weight training. As far as fish oil you can google it I am sure. I can't seem to find the study right now.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

EPA blocks excessive muscle breakdown by reducing the activity of the major biochemical pathway that results in the destruction of muscle protein and loss of muscle mass. Regular use of EPA may help prevent excessive muscle protein breakdown during heavy training programs.

Secondly, although inflammation is an essential part of immune activation, excessive inflammation produced by intense exercise can result in poor recovery, chronic joint pain and muscle loss. By reducing excess inflammation within muscle and connective tissue will provide the athlete with a big head start in terms of recovery from exercise. EPA is particularly effective at doing this.

EPA is essential to the manufacture of an entire series of prostaglandins (short lived muscle growth factors), that work to reduce muscle inflammation. A rich source of EPA in the diet helps to reduce inflammation. This means faster recovery and a greater anabolic effect from training.

Finally, EPA helps to build a bigger, leaner physique by promoting insulin sensitivity in muscle. Insulin is a key transporter of nutrients into cells. Efficient insulin metabolism is the cornerstone of building a lean, healthy, physique. High dose EPA promotes an insulin-sensitizing effect in tissue, even in healthy people that do not have diabetes. That means more calories are directed towards lean tissue for recovery and growth while less calories are stored as body fat.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.51%

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    The capacity of EPA to block excessive muscle protein breakdown is powerful; itís anti-catabolic effects are shown to be even more potent than IGF-1. What a lot of bodybuilders donít realize is that their muscles produce a specific form of IGF in response to heavy weight training. As far as fish oil you can google it I am sure. I can't seem to find the study right now.

i think you are smoking too much crack if you think EPA will build muscle better than IGF-1.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.39%

i think you are smoking too much crack if you think EPA will build muscle better than IGF-1.
    ROFL I so agree...

Another comparison is r-ALA, an incredible antioxidant and nutrient partitioner on its own, but comes nowhere near what IGF-1 does for you...
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.35%

Quote Originally Posted by curqleez View Post
    Not worht the risk. I have heard of brain tumors caused by igf.
    I have been using IGF-1 LR3 for a little over 2 weeks now. 40 mcg bilaterally immediately pw. I have had absolutely no results besides serious lethargy. I'm so damn tired it's ridiculous, no stamina or endurance whatsoever. Other than that my appetite has not changed, no fat loss, and certainly no lean mass.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.82%

Quote Originally Posted by tshaw024 View Post
    I have been using IGF-1 LR3 for a little over 2 weeks now. 40 mcg bilaterally immediately pw. I have had absolutely no results besides serious lethargy. I'm so damn tired it's ridiculous, no stamina or endurance whatsoever. Other than that my appetite has not changed, no fat loss, and certainly no lean mass.
    Tshaw, how is your diet? You reconned in acetic acid?

Your results are surprising considering it's been 2 weeks and you haven't seen anything. My protocol is the same as yours, and weight is up 9lbs by day 11.

I am not sure what others have experienced by week 2, but let's not forget this is a substance designed for longer-term results.

Can anyone else comment on Tshaw's lack of results thus far?
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.9%

insulin LIKE !

Iam commenting in the reply that said random blood sugar crashes. I used humulin R and I ll have to say that I would have random blood sugar drops even days later. oral prohormones or hormones whatever like methyl one d always seemed to make it more frequent. My theory is that once the body gets used to accepting more carbs into the cell, once you get a little used to that, it seems like even when your not taking slin or IGF 1 (IVE never done it) the muscles still are able to suck up carbs like crazy and leave you depleated. I guess this is what occurs in NORMAL people like us using this stuff for gains. Ive also heard that igf 1 had some ho hum results but the r3 version guys gained alot.

Ive got about 120ius of growth, how would you incorporate igf1 r3 use with the GH? Iam plannning on doing those in between cycles of steroids.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.51%

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Grim View Post
    Iam commenting in the reply that said random blood sugar crashes. I used humulin R and I ll have to say that I would have random blood sugar drops even days later. oral prohormones or hormones whatever like methyl one d always seemed to make it more frequent. My theory is that once the body gets used to accepting more carbs into the cell, once you get a little used to that, it seems like even when your not taking slin or IGF 1 (IVE never done it) the muscles still are able to suck up carbs like crazy and leave you depleated. I guess this is what occurs in NORMAL people like us using this stuff for gains. Ive also heard that igf 1 had some ho hum results but the r3 version guys gained alot.

Ive got about 120ius of growth, how would you incorporate igf1 r3 use with the GH? Iam plannning on doing those in between cycles of steroids.

pin both immediately pwo into muscle trained along with some slin. localised growth is enhanced. receptors for all are upregulated immediately pwo.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.39%

Quote Originally Posted by papapumpsd View Post
    Tshaw, how is your diet? You reconned in acetic acid?

Your results are surprising considering it's been 2 weeks and you haven't seen anything. My protocol is the same as yours, and weight is up 9lbs by day 11.

I am not sure what others have experienced by week 2, but let's not forget this is a substance designed for longer-term results.

Can anyone else comment on Tshaw's lack of results thus far?
    I would opine that food intake is lacking in his case, or his product is bunk.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.78%

Does any one on here that has taken igf1 notice any negative feed back from it. as in it shuts down your bodys natual suply of it or it shuts you down from making hgh?

Similar Forum Threads

1. IGF even worth it??
    By LS1Sick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 02:36 AM
  2. IGF addition to Pct??? is it worth it...
    By superset2 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 02:10 AM
  3. igf-lr3 for PCT? Is it worth it?
    By Billy the kid in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 05:39 PM
  4. is it worth it?
    By alittlewhiteboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 10:31 AM
  5. Liquid Clen worth it post ph/ps cycle?
    By max silver in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2003, 02:02 AM