Poll: is IGF-1 worth it? price to benefiets?

IGF-1 worth it?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by not_big_enuf View Post
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks alot....we shall see.

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    Thanks alot....we shall see.
    I am currently using media grade...I'll pry try receptor grade next time. Even though I have seen some good user feedback on certain media grade IGF.
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

the difference in doses makes a huge difference for me in media grade. Gavin Kane SWEARS receptor grade is 3x stronger and while he may not be a pure scientist like PA, he is a smart guy...

For receptor I notice MUCH more at 80mcg post workout 3 times a week. Because I only workout 3 times a week I am sure some of the "over flow" hits the other muscle groups I worked that day as well.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    the difference in doses makes a huge difference for me in media grade. Gavin Kane SWEARS receptor grade is 3x stronger and while he may not be a pure scientist like PA, he is a smart guy...

For receptor I notice MUCH more at 80mcg post workout 3 times a week. Because I only workout 3 times a week I am sure some of the "over flow" hits the other muscle groups I worked that day as well.
    I swear it's much better too... however, maybe we're just on crack........
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

My approach is different. I like small doses of 20mcg (split 10mcg bi-laterally) for long runs. It is a slow drip approach which works well for me and enhances my physique in noticable 3 month chunks (as opposed to seeing results right away).
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    My approach is different. I like small doses of 20mcg (split 10mcg bi-laterally) for long runs. It is a slow drip approach which works well for me and enhances my physique in noticable 3 month chunks (as opposed to seeing results right away).
    you use that dose everyday even on non workout days? on non workout days when would you dose?
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

you use that dose everyday even on non workout days? on non workout days when would you dose?
    On cycle I'll use it EOD but only on workout days PWO. If I use slin I'll up the IGF-1 dose to 40mcg split bilaterally PWO taken concurrent w/ the slin.

In PCT I'll dose 20mcg everyday even when there is no workout. Nonworkout days my only constant is to take it before a meal with a solid amount of carbs.

An example of a low dose everyday potocol is Dave Palumbo's:

11 micrograms per day for 30 days (cycle 1) 333 micrograms

2 weeks OFF

11 micrograms per day for 30 days (cycle 2) 333 micrograms

2 weeks OFF

11 micrograms per day for 30 days (cycle 3) 333 micrograms

8 weeks OFF
  8. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    On cycle I'll use it EOD but only on workout days PWO. If I use slin I'll up the IGF-1 dose to 40mcg split bilaterally PWO taken concurrent w/ the slin.

In post cycle therapy I'll dose 20mcg everyday even when there is no workout. Nonworkout days my only constant is to take it before a meal with a solid amount of carbs.
    okay so there is no real advantage of taking at night or day? Im not sure if i can say that the igf is worth over a bill yet, it has helped me keep my cycle weight during PCT but i dont see any spot enhancement that i can tell yet. I guess ill have to see down the road.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

okay so there is no real advantage of taking at night or day? Im not sure if i can say that the igf is worth over a bill yet, it has helped me keep my cycle weight during post cycle therapy but i dont see any spot enhancement that i can tell yet. I guess ill have to see down the road.
    I agree w/ what you have said. There is a lot of anectdotal evidence coming in that a high dose of GH (8iu+) and insulin (8iu+) injected together PWO on a steroid cycle does produce substantial strength and mass gains. There is talk from respected members of the community that site specific benefits are to be had.

So why is that protocol working? A. L. Rea has written that insulin shuttles only some amino acids into muscle and that GH shuttles the rest of the amino acid profile. This is suppose to account for the growth that guys are witnessing. But my very limited research indicates that insulin is capable of shuttling all the aminos except Tryptophan...so who knows.

The GH is reducing insulins ability to shuttle into fat cells and the insulin is reducing the side-effects from the GH.

My question is does administering IGF-1 LR3 and insulin together PWO during a steroid cycle create any synergy? I don't know but I am experimenting in part because I have no GH to experiment with at the moment.

I do know that it takes a lot of nutrients to "grow" out those sat cells and insulin really pushes those nutrients so there may be a benefit. It is to early to tell...however recovery & strength are up as a result of the combo...

So what is the best use of IGF-1 by itself?

I believe that it is indespensible for PCT. The reason appears to be that it increases Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone which further stimulates FSH.

I do believe that you will get some site specific enhancement that will show up down the road. I once did a low dose cycle of IGF-1 and injected mainly in the forearms...I witnessed increased veins that are present still almost a year later & within 5 months I noticed some strength and size gains.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.16%

Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    I really think it is worth it for one main reason. When I am on it I honestly don't notice much and I really dont buy into the localized growth aspect either BUT my max weight was always 215 and it was VERY hard for me to hold 215 for mor ehtan a few days and would always settle down to 210-212. Since running IGF a couple time my max wieght I can hold is 224 so I really believe it does add new cells and over time you will see the benefits down the road.
    this is exactly what is does. it enhances your genetics by creating new cells. people think it doesn't work because initially the only thing you see is the insulin like effects. its 6-8 months down the road that you really see this drug work. No you don't blow up like AAS but what you get is yours to keep.

with all that said i think you HAVE to use this drug immediately after working out 15-30 min or else you miss out.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.9%

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    I wasn't all too impressed with my first go-round with it. But I am planning on giving it another go in the near future, maybe during this post cycle therapy...

I voted "No" but I see it more of a middle ground.
    Exactly like my chinchilla's experience...

He got 50 mcgs bilaterally for 6 weeks during pct. Other than lethargy and a noticeable metabolic advantage :burg: , his frame looked the same. Although, results with IGF use may not manifest during the cycle.

I will give him another round of treatment with some epi, next year .
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.05%

Quote Originally Posted by hurdlemaker View Post
    I fill the igf up to the 4th line on the slin pins and then fill up the bacteriostatic water to the 30th line
    I go with 2:1 NaCl to Igf ratio.

I use two slin pins, one/side. 20-25mcg/pin, load the igf in .5cc pins, then add some NaCl, and then get a nurse (yeah you heard it, a nurse, that's the best part of it) to inject my lab rat.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

wassup marc anthony? how is j-lo doing these days? you are a lucky man!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.05%

wassup marc anthony? how is j-lo doing these days? you are a lucky man!

Well, she sure got a nice boot-ey ... doggy is like heaven on earth ...
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.53%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

They say a high dose of EPA is as good as IGF ; itís anti-catabolic effects are shown to be even more potent than IGF-1 from what I understand. Id go with GHRP6 and MGF.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.14%

It has been worth it from my one cycle with it. The cycle was not run very well, I did the IGF every day and in retrospect I realize this was a waste and unnecessarily shut down natural production.

This time I'm running it 4 days a week (immediately PWO) and going to keep going for 5-6 weeks at 30-40mcg split bilat.

I'll also be dove tailing (ie the last 1-2 weeks will be concurrent) with GHRP-6 and Hexaralin each at 100-150mcg a night (together sub Q). I'll run that for 2-4 weeks or whatever my finances allow.

I would love to find a cheap source for Hexaralin (hint hint!).

I'll be sure to report on my experience, peace ya'll!
  17. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

Effects are seemingly much less when using this generic Chinese crap as opposed to the GroPep.
  18. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%

No surprise there. Good ol GroPep
  19. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.82%

Is this stuff really worth it price to benefiets in your opinion?
    Just depends. I think it is well worth the money. Be sure it use when cycling. I would suggest usinf 50mcg/day the first month of cycle and the 100mcg/day 20 days after cycle or PCT. You will retain all the gains and more.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.73%

Not worht the risk. I have heard of brain tumors caused by igf.
  21. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

Quote Originally Posted by curqleez View Post
    Not worht the risk. I have heard of brain tumors caused by igf.
    CAUSED by? Or exacerbated by?
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.76%

Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    Effects are seemingly much less when using this generic Chinese crap as opposed to the GroPep.
    Not all of us can afford GroPep N4cer

I have seen and used quite a bit of igf over the past couple of years. I miss the pre-ORD days fo sho!

I have used GroPep and generic chinese. I do think the GroPep was better but I have seen (not ran) 97-98% chinese igf that I would say would be very close to GroPep.

Igf is a great peptide but I do get tired of the lethargy.

bb
  23. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

LOL the Chinese is good. I just had a bad first experience. Maybe I should give it another go.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.76%

A friend has Getropin igf.

bb
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.73%

Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    CAUSED by? Or exacerbated by?
    Caused by....
  26. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

Quote Originally Posted by curqleez View Post
    Caused by....
    Wow. You need to kick your source of info in the nuts. IGF is NOT carcinogenic.
  27. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.88%

Nothing has pointed to IGF CAUSING such a thing. That's like people accusing steroids for hair loss. If your predisposed for it the process just speeds up.
  28. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.6%

Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    Nothing has pointed to IGF CAUSING such a thing. That's like people accusing steroids for hair loss. If your predisposed for it the process just speeds up.
    Yeah! 'Cause if that were true, Jminis would have cancer in his penis since he did a hardcore regimen of penile IGF injects.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.76%

I prefer the hitting my anal sphincter with alternating igf/mgf cycles.....

bb
  30. dead sexy wino
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.88%

I voted yes.....but at low doses.
  31. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.82%

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    They say a high dose of EPA is as good as IGF ; itís anti-catabolic effects are shown to be even more potent than IGF-1 from what I understand. Id go with GHRP6 and MGF.
    Where did you hear that EPA is as good as IGF-1. If that's true I should be injecting fish oil.
  32. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.82%

Quote Originally Posted by SJA View Post
    I voted yes.....but at low doses.
    Take 100mcg/day for 30 days and tell me it's not worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.25%

as long as you have good igf and use enough it is well worth it. i have used it many of times and loved the results. i know alot of people that are cheap and try to get away with shooting 40mcgs a day so they dont have to buy 2 or 3 bottles and then wonder why they are not having good results. 50mcgs shot twice a day works great for me
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.53%

i voted yes. im now opening my mind to the notion, that many others have, that good old IGF-1 injected several times a day is better than LR3 because it stays site specific and does not go systemic. After this next course im doing(mgf+lr3 igf-1) im going to do an mgf+igf-1(non lr3) to compare the difference and see if there is any site specific growth.
    for the same reasons I also feel that regular mgf injections may be more effective than less frequent peg-MGF ones.

I dont mind being a pin cushion, a few years back I did a long pgf2a course, nothing will ever compare to how bad that **** makes you feel. lol on my first day I really believed I was going to be found dead on the ****ter.
  35. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have been reading on another forum that IGF DOES NOT cause hyperplasia and its main intent is for muscle hypertrophy. I reading the debate as it goes on but any more info showing IGF does or does not cause hyperplasia would be a great benefit, because if it does not cause hyperplasia then I would feel it is useless for that is the only reason I would take it for.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.53%

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    I have been reading on another forum that IGF DOES NOT cause hyperplasia and its main intent is for muscle hypertrophy. I reading the debate as it goes on but any more info showing IGF does or does not cause hyperplasia would be a great benefit, because if it does not cause hyperplasia then I would feel it is useless for that is the only reason I would take it for.

the original study with IGF-1 (not LR3 version) in mice proved hyperplasia, after they dissected the infused muscles and counted the number of fibres so im still with the belief it does but as I said im of the thinking that LR3 becomes systemic and hence we are not seeing these effects.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.5%

pumbertot- You dont belive igf/hgh/mgf can cause hyperplasmia in humans? Only certain animals?..
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.53%

Quote Originally Posted by vitor View Post
    pumbertot- You dont belive igf/hgh/mgf can cause hyperplasmia in humans? Only certain animals?..
    no on the contrary, i do believe. but im of the opinion that when gropep made the LR3 version, it took away some of the anabolic properties of the original IGF-1 peptide which was identical to the body's own version. also site specific growth was more likely with non LR3.

with mgf im just not sure yet but ive heard more positive results from the non-peg version. maybe pegylation has altered the peptide too greatly? i know 2 people very well that have made incredible site specific growth to their biceps, tris and delts with regular mgf. I mean freaky size differences in the space of a few months so my money is on that form.

hgh im unsure of with hyperplasia but certainly hypertrophy and fat loss make it very worthwhile imo.
  39. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post
    no on the contrary, i do believe. but im of the opinion that when gropep made the LR3 version, it took away some of the anabolic properties of the original IGF-1 peptide which was identical to the body's own version. also site specific growth was more likely with non LR3.

with mgf im just not sure yet but ive heard more positive results from the non-peg version. maybe pegylation has altered the peptide too greatly? i know 2 people very well that have made incredible site specific growth to their biceps, tris and delts with regular mgf. I mean freaky size differences in the space of a few months so my money is on that form.

hgh im unsure of with hyperplasia but certainly hypertrophy and fat loss make it very worthwhile imo.

So why did Gropep make LR3, and is there any original IGF around?
  40. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

i believe they made it to extend the half life.

Similar Forum Threads

1. IGF even worth it??
    By LS1Sick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 02:36 AM
  2. IGF addition to Pct??? is it worth it...
    By superset2 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 02:10 AM
  3. igf-lr3 for PCT? Is it worth it?
    By Billy the kid in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 05:39 PM
  4. is it worth it?
    By alittlewhiteboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 10:31 AM
  5. Liquid Clen worth it post ph/ps cycle?
    By max silver in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2003, 02:02 AM