My First IGF experience

1. Banned
    Answers

My First IGF experience

Well I just started pinning IGF yesterday so I thought I'd post a short log with anything I notice from it.

I am using it pre-cycle for 1-2 weeks (then I'll use it again in pct for 3-4 weeks). I am pinning 50mcg bi laterally 4x/week. Injection sites will be:

Tri's
    Quads
    Bi's
    Delts

Pinned 50mcg into tri's yesterday. For some reason I was really freaked out to pin tri's (never pinned them before) but once I did it, it was way easier then I thought.

The one problem I had was doing it pwo. I mean I am so jacked up on stims and shaking so bad from my workout I had a really hard time keeping a steady hand. Nonetheless I pinned fine with no bruising or anything.

Also it sucks pinning such a small amount. I have 100mcg bottles and once I recon them it your almost sucking up nothing into that needle! I am pinning with 1/2cc, 1/2 in needles mixed with B12.

One other thing is that I waited 20 min after pinning to see if I got hypo at all and didnt really notice anything. I'll try to update with any changes or questions.

2. Banned
    Answers

Friggin pinned quads tonight. I have a lot of veins in my legs and of course I hit one...wasnt sure at first so I kept going and Im pretty sure I then hit a nerve cause I got a chill that went up into my arm and it sorta jerked a little. Pulled out and pinned both quads without any more trouble.
  3. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Friggin pinned quads tonight. I have a lot of veins in my legs and of course I hit one...wasnt sure at first so I kept going and Im pretty sure I then hit a nerve cause I got a chill that went up into my arm and it sorta jerked a little. Pulled out and pinned both quads without any more trouble.
    If you hit a vein, the plunger will pull up with ease when you aspirate because your blood is pressurized.

What size needle to you stick in the quad? 25g's can prick a little when you're stickin' it in. I have a tendency for the muscle to twitch when the needle penetrates that tissue: does not feel pretty.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    If you hit a vein, the plunger will pull up with ease when you aspirate because your blood is pressurized.

What size needle to you stick in the quad? 25g's can prick a little when you're stickin' it in. I have a tendency for the muscle to twitch when the needle penetrates that tissue: does not feel pretty.
    Actually I never even got a chance to aspirate b/c I hit that nerve and just pulled out right away.

I only used a 29 guage since it was just IGF, (is that too small in the quad)?
  5. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Actually I never even got a chance to aspirate b/c I hit that nerve and just pulled out right away.

I only used a 29 guage since it was just IGF, (is that too small in the quad)?
    Well the guage of the needle is trivial really, it's the length that's more important.

1/2" needle in the quad is 'cutting it close' for penetrating the muscle tissue. I was recommended to use at least 1" for quad injections.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I just started IGF a week ago. Pinning 50mcg, 3x a week, bilaterally, PWO. I also started my first PCT two weeks ago and have been feeling like ****. I think the IGF is helping with my mood, but damn does it make me tired. I try to take naps whenever possible, even at work. Haven't noticed any stiffness or achiness in my fingers or knuckles, but it may take a higher dosage for these sides to appear. I have noticed my skin getting a little clearer and the wrinkles around my eyes don't seem so pronounced. Vascularity is up a bit. I was hoping IGF would be a huge appetite booster, but so far I haven't been that hungry. Pumps seem to fade away after 12 hours or so. I worked my bi's last night and shot them immediately after. The feeling has mostly disappeared now.

I don't mind shooting myself up, I just hate having to reuse the same needle I've just drawn the IGF and then the NaCL with. The needle is freakin dull after that. The only way around this I've found is to draw both in the same syringe and then empty it into a clean capless vial. That way I can suck it up with a fresh needle and then inject. I'm using 29g, 1/2in, 1ml syringes. Would it be better to use a larger longer needle for IM? I would hate to bust out the 22g again, but will if the shot would be more effective.

On a side note, I got my IGF from a reliable research chemical company. It came in powder form so I'm pretty confident as to the quality.
  7. Banned
    Answers

Well the guage of the needle is trivial really, it's the length that's more important.

1/2" needle in the quad is 'cutting it close' for penetrating the muscle tissue. I was recommended to use at least 1" for quad injections.
    Yep, my BF is pretty low in my legs so I think I was deep enough. I need to order some bigger guage needles so maybe I'll get some 1inch slins at the same time.
  8. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by soultrain View Post
    I just started IGF a week ago. Pinning 50mcg, 3x a week, bilaterally, PWO. I also started my first post cycle therapy two weeks ago and have been feeling like ****. I think the IGF is helping with my mood, but damn does it make me tired. I try to take naps whenever possible, even at work. Haven't noticed any stiffness or achiness in my fingers or knuckles, but it may take a higher dosage for these sides to appear. I have noticed my skin getting a little clearer and the wrinkles around my eyes don't seem so pronounced. Vascularity is up a bit. I was hoping IGF would be a huge appetite booster, but so far I haven't been that hungry. Pumps seem to fade away after 12 hours or so. I worked my bi's last night and shot them immediately after. The feeling has mostly disappeared now.

I don't mind shooting myself up, I just hate having to reuse the same needle I've just drawn the IGF and then the NaCL with. The needle is freakin dull after that. The only way around this I've found is to draw both in the same syringe and then empty it into a clean capless vial. That way I can suck it up with a fresh needle and then inject. I'm using 29g, 1/2in, 1ml syringes. Would it be better to use a larger longer needle for IM? I would hate to bust out the 22g again, but will if the shot would be more effective.

On a side note, I got my IGF from a reliable research chemical company. It came in powder form so I'm pretty confident as to the quality.
    Yeah, I've noticed the dullness from pulling both the IGF and B12 from different bottles. I still pin with the same needle and it hurts a little more to break skin but it still has to be better than using a 22 guage! Like sinner said I dont think you need a bigger needle. A longer needle would pry be better for bigger muscle groups. I think the 1/2 works fine for arms/delts/calves/etc.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yep, my BF is pretty low in my legs so I think I was deep enough. I need to order some bigger guage needles so maybe I'll get some 1inch slins at the same time.
    I would be interested to know where you have found 1" slins. I use BD Ultra-Fine, but don't think they come in that size. 27g is the smallest I've seen that are one inchers.
  10. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by soultrain View Post
    I would be interested to know where you have found 1" slins. I use BD Ultra-Fine, but don't think they come in that size. 27g is the smallest I've seen that are one inchers.
    Your right, just checked out a couple places that I get them from and neither had anything longer then 1/2 inchers. Pry have to use a bigger gauge.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

I've heard some users experiencing numbness in the hands and lethargy. Any feedback?
  12. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jmuls View Post
    I've heard some users experiencing numbness in the hands and lethargy. Any feedback?
    Lethargy YES! IGF (notice the I stands for Insulin-like), increases insulin sensitivity ten-fold.

I seem to get it really bad in the afternoon with my last carbed meal of the day. It's pretty rough, and I sometimes nod off.

Can't say much about the numbness, though.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Lethargy YES! IGF (notice the I stands for Insulin-like), increases insulin sensitivity ten-fold.

I seem to get it really bad in the afternoon with my last carbed meal of the day. It's pretty rough, and I sometimes nod off.

Can't say much about the numbness, though.
    Thanks for the info. I've also read that with the increase in insulin sensitivity, there is an increase in leydig cell sensitivity noted. If you've used IGF by itself, so as to experience its results for what they truly are without anything else on board, did you notice any symptoms of increased test production? Increased libido by chance?
  14. Banned
    Answers

Pinned 50mcg bi laterally into biceps tonight. Eating some oats and sipping on protein right now. So far I havent noticed any sides like lethargy or numbness. But this is the only the third day using it sooo I'll keep updating.

I still think getting 50mcg out of a 100mcg bottle is a pain. My bi's do feel nice and full today
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I did heavy squats tonight and then pinned 25mcg in each quad. Legs feel like jello, so maybe I overdid it. I just ate a big meal of complex carbs, protein, and fiber, and I'm almost nodding off now. IGF makes me soooo tired. But feel GOOD.

There's been a huge increase in libido, but I'm currently pinning hCG (500iu ED) for PCT so this probably accounts for a lot of the extra wood lately.
  16. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jmuls View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've also read that with the increase in insulin sensitivity, there is an increase in leydig cell sensitivity noted. If you've used IGF by itself, so as to experience its results for what they truly are without anything else on board, did you notice any symptoms of increased test production? Increased libido by chance?
    I'm pinning as a part of PCT, so it's tough to say what's going as fart as libido and test production.

Personally, I don't like taking things that increase libido. Mine's high enough without any help. Any more makes me feel uncomfortable.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I'm wondering what it will be like to come off of IGF? Am I going to feel awful or will it not be that noticeable? Also, will my body's own natural production of IGF be lowered for awhile?
  18. Banned
    Answers

OUCH!

Okay I pinned quads (or tried to again) pwo. I still have a huge bruise from hitting a vein last week on my right quad. Soo today I again hit a nerve in my right quad. Made my leg kick and just sent chills up and down me. Finaly was to pin my right quad.

Moved over to my left quad....hit a nerve on my left side! Got mad and threw the pin out. I am pretty sure I am done pinning quads. I can only imagine pinning with a larger gauge needle.

I will probably switch to glutes to work on my apple bottom, lol.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Are you seeing gains or what?
  20. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Nothing noticeable. Last week when I pinned bi's it looked like I was starting to get little stretch marks on my left bi on the front between the top of my bi and delt. My arms are pretty small so that was more than likely just the extra fluid in there. Other than that nothing noticeable at this point.

I am up about 5lbs over the last couple weeks but I am bulking. I dont believe I am putting on to much fat which may be from the IGF.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

i was gonna pin my quads with test cyp (25g 1")... but your bad luck is making me reconsider

did you go in slowly when you hit the nerves? and was it the outer head of the quad that you were shooting for?

it makes me cringe thinking about hitting a nerve....
  22. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    i was gonna pin my quads with test cyp (25g 1")... but your bad luck is making me reconsider

did you go in slowly when you hit the nerves? and was it the outer head of the quad that you were shooting for?

it makes me cringe thinking about hitting a nerve....
    Haha, sorry not trying to scare anyone off! Yep, I went in very slowly. Sorta, feels weird and I pretty much reacted and pulled out the second I hit a nerve. Its just a bit frustrating b/c it seems difficult missing the nerve. And yes it was the outer head.

It reminds me a bit of getting a tooth pulled and the doc hits a nerve or whatever. Except its in your leg.
  23. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

ok first thing.....i hope your only shooting IMIDIATELY post workout.......second your dose is too high,30mg bi lat for a beginer....max 3 times a week(only on workout days),this stuff is no joke..you shoot too much you will have a coleman gut....
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  24. Registered User
    Answers

It reminds me a bit of getting a tooth pulled and the doc hits a nerve or whatever. Except its in your leg.
    sweet jesus, you gave me chills... i HATE the dentist and his damned drill

ugh.

i'm researching the ventroglute shot because i hear its completely painless and that sure sounds good to me
  25. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    ok first thing.....i hope your only shooting IMIDIATELY post workout.......second your dose is too high,30mg bi lat for a beginer....max 3 times a week(only on workout days),this stuff is no joke..you shoot too much you will have a coleman gut....
    And here's the kicker: you won't know if you shot too much until December.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  26. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

sweet jesus, you gave me chills... i HATE the dentist and his damned drill

ugh.

i'm researching the ventroglute shot because i hear its completely painless and that sure sounds good to me
    Ventroglute is just the technical term for saying "shooting in the ass".

Unless you want more myoblasts in your butt, I don't see the point in doing this. Unlike AAS, IGF site-enhancing.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  27. Banned
    Answers

And here's the kicker: you won't know if you shot too much until December.
    I completely understand this and all shots are take immediately pwo. I realize 50mcg is a bit high BUT even Grunt has stated that is fine for a beginner in the sticky. Also I have read numerous logs discussing dosing IGF and the majority of users agree you will not see IGF gut unless your using upwards of 100mcg+/day. I am using 50mcg 3-4x/week for 2 weeks.

I think anytime you use something like this (or even supplements for that matter) there are inherent risks that you have to accept as part of the game. And no I am not accepting IGF gut as a side. Based on my research I am comfortable with my current dosing.
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Ventroglute is just the technical term for saying "shooting in the ass".

Unless you want more myoblasts in your butt, I don't see the point in doing this. Unlike anabolic steroids, IGF site-enhancing.
    no, ventroglute is completely different from shooting in the ass. its actually more of a "hip shot" than an ass shot. u shoot into the gluteus medius instead of the maximus.

i actually just tried it today... i attached a pic of where i injected (COMPLETELY painless, and its not in the least bit sore... yet).

i definitely recommend it.... heres a diagram link: http://www.ino.ie/_INO/images/IMInj_Ventrogluteal.jpg

and we were talking about test, not IGF (i know this is an IGF thread, so sorry for going off topic and causing confusion). i definitely wouldnt shoot IGF into the bum... dont want to walk around looking like i have a stick shoved up there
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  29. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Yeah, but you're not supposed to shoot it in the maximus.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  30. Registered User
    Answers

Yeah, but you're not supposed to shoot it in the maximus.
    its still different than a regular glute shot, isnt it? glute shots you hit from behind you, ventro u hit from the side almost to your front

i'm still new to this so i could be mistaken, but i thought they were completely different types of injection?
  31. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

its still different than a regular glute shot, isnt it? glute shots you hit from behind you, ventro u hit from the side almost to your front

i'm still new to this so i could be mistaken, but i thought they were completely different types of injection?
    www.howtodoinjections.com
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  32. Registered User
    Answers

http://www.nursingandmidwifery.soton...lutealSite.pdf

that site shows two distinctly different glute shots. the dorsogluteal is what i think you were talking about. it looks like thats the name of the most common ass shot people do.

i was talking about the ventro, which i dont see talked about much here at AM but another board has lots of info on it (ssb).

anyways we're way off topic...
  33. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

for a log with Trip, Emo, and sinner in it, this is nothing far off-topic.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Answers

true dat gluck bro ill be watching interested in this igf stuff
  35. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    true dat gluck bro ill be watching interested in this igf stuff
    It's like having sex with a panda bear.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  36. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Under my understanding of the drug, you're not gonna see any gains right away with IGF.

IGF increases the amount of myoblasts. Let's think of it like this:

Imagine that your muscles are balloons. AAS (exogeneous or endogeneous) induce hypertrophy, we'll think of this as blowing up the balloon.

IGF induces "hyperplasia" (it's not technically hyperplasia, but we're gonna call it that). This is more like getting some empty balloons. The gains won't appear until we 'blow them up'.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Under my understanding of the drug, you're not gonna see any gains right away with IGF.

IGF increases the amount of myoblasts. Let's think of it like this:

Imagine that your muscles are balloons. anabolic steroids (exogeneous or endogeneous) induce hypertrophy, we'll think of this as blowing up the balloon.

IGF induces "hyperplasia" (it's not technically hyperplasia, but we're gonna call it that). This is more like getting some empty balloons. The gains won't appear until we 'blow them up'.
    excellent analogy... i like it

where would MGF fit into that analogy? I read a few articles and an ebook on it, but still cant quite figure out what it does exactly (best i've come so far is, it "primes the cells for growth").
  38. Recovering AXoholic
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

"Primes muscles for growth" sounds to me like it could be another way of saying what I said above. You produce more myoblasts, in hopes to "blow them up".

I'm pretty sure MGF is a type of IGF peptide, but I'll have to look into that a little further. LR3 is really the only peptide I know anything about.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  39. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

...this is true..... ....at least nobody started talking about masterbating or animal sex...but then you brought up the panda sex.......soooooooooo ya were right on track...
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My First EPI Experience
    By FranARG in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-15-2013, 06:46 PM
  2. My first HGH experience/log
    By russiandave in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 03:12 PM
  3. My First NO-xplode Experience.
    By Brent in forum Supplements