IGF mixed with BA?

TT6sp

Awards
Hi everyone,

Can I re-consitute my IGF with BA instead of AA (I can't find this)?

If I can, what is the protocol for doing so?

Thanks!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BA= Benzyl Alcohol? I'm hoping not pure.

I would imagine bacteriostatic water should suffice, but might not be as stable as AA, since the pH is different.

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Awards
It depends on what amount you are reconstituting. If you have a kit with individual 100mcg amps, then Bacteriostatic Water is fine (provided you plan to use this amount within a weeks time and can refridgerate it).

Otherwise, if you have a single 1000mcg amp, you'll want to be sure you use .6% Acetic Acid solution. This has to proper ph to keep it stable for up to 2 years...supposedly even at room temp, although I would play it safe and still refridgerate. There are several recipes floating around for home brewed .6% AA.

Benzyl Alcohol is an outdated, very poor choice....it will degrade your peptide very rapidly.

TT6sp

Awards
Where can I get this .6% AA? Any links to these recipes?

Thanks!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where can I get this .6% AA? Any links to these recipes?

Thanks!
You could probably get some Acetic Acid pellets online through a simple google search. Add some sterile pure water.

6wt% is pretty easy to figure out: 94g of water and 6g acetic acid. Water has a density (at room temp) of 0.998 g/mL, so approximately 1 g/mL. So essentially, add 60mg of AA for every 1mL of water into a container until you reach your desired volume.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also forgot to mention. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN HANDLING AA PELLETS!!!! They will burn your skin if you touch them. Think of it like in the movie Fight Club, when Brad Pitt sprinkles lye on Edward Norton's wrist (except with a corrosive acid instead of a base). It will eat through your clothes the second it gets exposed to moisture. Wear rubber gloves, and keep a bottle of ammonia nearby to dump on it, if you get any on yourself.

TT6sp

Awards
Are these pellets sterile? Is there any online labs that sell it mixed to correct %?

Thanks for all the help

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would guess that all depends on what the cert says as far as sterility is concerned.

I think I can say this much about an online lab without getting in trouble: IBE used to sell research chems. That sector of IBE has since broken off, and is on another site. Anyhow, they sell AA on that site. They also sell IGF-LR3 kits at a bundle price. Now I'll shut up before I get in trouble.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Homebrew directions:

What you should do IMO is use distilled white vinegar.
In a 1cc syringe, draw up 0.12cc of distilled white vinegar and 0.88cc of distilled water.
Remove the needle, put a 0.22µM sterile filter, add a sterile needle, and filter that into a sterile vial.

Well you could also use a 3cc syringe with 0.36cc of AA and 2.64cc of water.

i got this from Grunt ("the IGF-1 knowledge master") in another thread

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Here are some better directions i found on another forum:

I began using this method many months ago ... mainly out of impatience. I was out of Benzyl Alcohol, and while I had access to HCl, it wasn't accessible when I wanted to begin my Long R3 IGF-1 cycle. I decided to use plain ol' grocery store Distilled White Vinegar. I used the following, which has worked out really well for me....and the feedback I have had from others that I have shared it with has been positive so far. So here it is for anyone that is interested:

The calculation:
Distilled white vinegar is supposed to be standardized to ~5% acetic acid, which would make it 850mM. To get it to the recommended 100mM, you'd want 11.76% white vinegar (100mM/850mM = 11.76%). Since it would be almost impossible to draw out 11.76IU's, I round this to 12, which is certainly going to be close to our desired 100mM.

The filtering process:
I use off the shelf grocery store distilled white vinegar. In order to ensure safety, I filter it using .20u whatman filters. Here is the step by step for those that may not be familiar with filtering using whatmans. What you will want to have on hand before starting out is some sterile vials, some .20u whatman filters, some syringes and needles (I use a 10cc syringe, and .23 gauge 1" needles), and some alcohol swabs.

(1) First draw up about 10cc of the distilled white vinegar
(2) screw on the .20u whatman to the 10cc syringe (or whatever size you use)
(3) screw on a .23 gauge needle (or whatever size you decide to use)
(4) take your sterile vial, swab the top with alcohol, insert a needle for venting.
(5) Insert your syringe/whatman/needle apparatus and slowly push the 10cc's into the sterile vial.

Now you have safe vinegar to use for your reconstituting.

ALTERNATE METHOD - Alternately, you could simply mix your water and distilled white vinegar before filtering using about 7.5 parts of water per 1 part of distilled white vinegar. After mixing these together in this ratio, run the mixture through your .20u whatman as above. You will end up with a vial of dilutent this way that has the proper PH for use with your IGF-1.

Reconstituting:

How much water/vinegar you reconstitute with is going to somewhat depend on which LR3 IGF-1 you are using. Igtropin is shipped in 100mcg vials, which I usually reconstitute at 1ml(cc) per 100mcg vial (which will make the 10 mark on your insulin syringe = 10 mcgs). The gropep based IGF-1's are primarily shipped in 1mg vials, and I usually use 5ml for these (which will make the 10 mark on your insulin syringe = 20mcgs).
At any rate, what I do is:

(1) take an alcohol swab and swab the tops of my water, vinegar solution, and IGF-1 vials
(2) take a syringe with a 23 gauge, 1" needle and draw out .12 cc's of vinegar for the 100mcg vials or .60 cc's for the 1mg vials.
(3) next I take this syringe and draw out the water - .88cc's for 100mcg, 4.4cc's for the 1mg.

FOR ALTERNATE METHOD in lieu of steps (2) and (3) - Just draw out the desired amount of dilutent from your pre-mixed vial of
vinegar / water.

(4) next i poke the needle into the LR3 IGF-1 vial and dribble this solution down the side of the vial, avoid any direct spray on the lyophilized powder until all of the dilutent is in the vial
(5) using a gentle swirling motion, I reconstitute the powder.
(6) I stick the vial in the fridge and it is now ready for use.

Well, I think that about sums it up. Hope this helps anyone who may have been wondering about using vinegar to reconstitute. I would advise that if you end up using Igtropin, you seriously consider using this vinegar method. Igtropin and other dilutents such as BA do not get along well together at all.

TT6sp

Awards
Excellent - trip to the grocery store sounds easy. Especially as I have some syringe filters and sterile vials already.

What water should it be mixed with? BW?

Thanks!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
use distilled water for making the AA.

use BW for diluting your IGF-1/AA right before you inject.

nettplus

Awards
10% dilution calculation?

Distilled white vinegar is supposed to be standardized to ~5% acetic acid

ALTERNATE METHOD - Alternately, you could simply mix your water and distilled white vinegar before filtering using about 7.5 parts of water per 1 part of distilled white vinegar.
So if I have a 10% AA sterile solution already, I would mix 15 parts of distilled water per 1 part of my 10% solution?

Appreciate all your help.

Mike

edit: Nevermind - I found a calculator to confirm. Dilution Calculator

Last edited: