Gaba

keater824

keater824

Awards
Anyone use gaba does it boost natural or sythentic hgh levels, if i ran a cycle of this would i need pct or any cycle support supplements, how well is gains maintain after cycle?

Marc-Antony

Awards
Anyone use gaba does it boost natural or sythentic hgh levels, if i ran a cycle of this would i need post cycle therapy or any cycle support supplements, how well is gains maintain after cycle?
lawl at post cycle therapy when "running" gaba ... gaba to some extent can help you with hgh levels ... but don't expect it to be the next big thing. Gaba should make you sleep better though. It helps you relax. It basically helps to lower stress so you feel more relaxed, and in turn sleep like a baby. Often used in combinaison with melatonin by ppl whom have poor sleep quality.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lawl at post cycle therapy when "running" gaba ... gaba to some extent can help you with hgh levels ... but don't expect it to be the next big thing. Gaba should make you sleep better though. It helps you relax. It basically helps to lower stress so you feel more relaxed, and in turn sleep like a baby. Often used in combinaison with melatonin by ppl whom have poor sleep quality.
I take gaba and melatonin before bed everynight and sleep like a baby...it's gh effects are due to the level of deep sleep you reach...(rem sleep)

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I take gaba and melatonin before bed everynight and sleep like a baby...it's gh effects are due to the level of deep sleep you reach...(rem sleep)
I thought supplementing with melatonin everynight wasn't good? Doesn't it mess with your body's natural production of the hormone?

BIGAINS

Awards
Actually gaba increases GH output independednt of sleep, but the the GH relese decreases with repeated dosing for extended periods of time. Gaba plays a role in the brain in the regulation of GH production.

Acta Endocrinol (Copenh). 1980 Feb;93(2):149-54. Related Articles, Links

Effect of acute and repeated administration of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man.

Cavagnini F, Invitti C, Pinto M, Maraschini C, Di Landro A, Dubini A, Marelli A.

A single oral dose of 5 g gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) was given to 19 subjects and serial venous blood samples were obtained before and 3 h after drug administration. A placebo was administered to 18 subjects who served as controls. GABA caused a significant elevation of plasma growth hormone levels (P less than 0.001), but did not consistently alter plasma prolactin concentration since only 5 out of 15 subjects showed an increase of the hormone. Eight additional subjects were submitted to an insulin tolerance test before and after per os administration of 18 g GABA daily for 4 days. Protracted GABA treatment significantly blunted the response of growth hormone and enhanced that of prolactin to insulin hypoglycaemia (P less than 0.01). These results indicate that pharmacological doses of GABA affect growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. The precise nature of GABA's effects as well as its mechanism of action remains to be clarified.

: Neuroendocrinology. 2002 Sep;76(3):170-7.Click here to read Links
An autocrine role for pituitary GABA: activation of GABA-B receptors and regulation of growth hormone levels.
Gamel-Didelon K, Corsi C, Pepeu G, Jung H, Gratzl M, Mayerhofer A.

Anatomisches Institut der Universität München, München, Deutschland.

There is increasing evidence suggesting that the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a local factor involved in the regulation of endocrine organs. Examples of such functions are documented in the pancreas, but recent results suggest that GABA may act in a similar way in the pituitary, in which GABA receptors are expressed and pituitary growth hormone (GH) cells provide a source of GABA. We hypothesised that GABA secreted in somatotropes may act as an autoregulatory signaling molecule. To test this hypothesis we first examined the nature of GABA receptors expressed by GH cells. RT-PCR analysis demonstrated that GABA-B receptor subunits R1 and R2 are present in the whole rat pituitary. Laser microdissection of immunostained GH cells, followed by RT-PCR as well as immunoelectron microscopy, showed that GABA-B receptors are expressed on somatotropes. To investigate GABA-B receptor function in somatotropes, we used rat GH3 adenoma cells, which, like pituitary GH cells, express GABA-B R1 and R2 (as assessed by RT-PCR and immunoelectron microscopy) and produce GABA (checked by high performance liquid chromatography). After inhibition of endogenous GABA synthesis, GH production was stimulated by baclofen, a chromatography). After inhibition of endogenous GABA synthesis, GH production was stimulated by baclofen, a GABA-B receptor agonist. By contrast, blocking GABA-B receptors by an antagonist, phaclofen, decreased GH levels. We conclude that in GH-producing cells, GABA acts as an autocrine factor via GABA-B receptors to control GH levels. Copyright 2002 S. Karger AG, Basel

PMID: 12218349 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]