igf-1 and hypoglycemia

Marc-Antony

Awards
I can assume that everybody will agree that igf-1 can have an impact on glycemia, to a lesser extent than insulin though (as igf-1 is less potent on this matter than slin), also the IM bilat protocol should lessen the systemic effects of igf-1 such as hypo ...

Now, if you guys could share your experience with igf-1/hypo, I'd really much appreciate it. Is igf-1 on a IM bilat postworkout a potent hypoglemic peptide?

Also, did you guys follow a slin like diet ... high GI carbs postworkout (+ some honey, and sugary bevarages just in case)? No fats for the next 4-6 hours (igf-1 stays effective for a longer period of time than slin).

How late did you pin? I train late in the evening from around 7:30 to ~9 pm ... so would it be wise to train way earlier in the day once I start my igf-1 cycle?? or is it gonna be ok if I lift from ~5 to ~6pm ??

So
1/ igf-1 hypoglycemia? yes or no
2/ postworkout diet (postworkout IM bilat pinnin), insulin like diet? yes or no
3/ time of training? is it ok to train late in the evening? is it better to train late in the afternoon (5-6pm) or should I even train earlier in the day?

Any imput appreciated

Marc-Antony

superstar

Awards
I found it better to pin the IGF after my workout at night. The hypo effect hits me hard and it's better for me to go to sleep after pinning and eating. I want to sleep at that point and it's easy to nod off. It was much tougher to pin in the morning and then try to work.

Anyone else have this reaction?

Marc-Antony

Awards
I found it better to pin the IGF after my workout at night. The hypo effect hits me hard and it's better for me to go to sleep after pinning and eating. I want to sleep at that point and it's easy to nod off. It was much tougher to pin in the morning and then try to work.

Anyone else have this reaction?
Many athletes will get sleepy after injecting insulin. This may be a symptom of hypoglycemia, and an athlete should probably consume more carbohydrates. Avoid the temptation to go to bed since the insulin may take its peak effect during sleep and significantly drop glucose levels. Being unaware of the warning signs during this slumber, the athlete is at a high risk of going into a state of severe hypoglycemia without anyone realizing it.

And it's most probably the same thing for igf-1 ... so don't go to sleep, since you can develop hypoglycemia while asleep and not have warning signs.

Reason you got allright with it is most probably because igf-1 isn't too hypoglycemic.

What did your postworkout diet look like from the pinning to when went to sleep, and your injection protocol?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I have never gone that hypo after using IGF. I have not followed any special diet, (in fact there have been times I didn't even eat after pinning) Just my normal post-wo shake, with about 1 cup of ground up oats in it.

I think the hypo part of IGF is highly overblown. At least thats been my experiance.

Marc-Antony

Awards
I have never gone that hypo after using IGF. I have not followed any special diet, (in fact there have been times I didn't even eat after pinning) Just my normal post-wo shake, with about 1 cup of ground up oats in it.

I think the hypo part of IGF is highly overblown. At least thats been my experiance.

You are most probably right.

I did talk about this to one of my university professors, who is working on igf-1, he said "you are gonna feel it (hypoglycemia) if I inject you with it. " ... Then, I told him about this IM bilateral postworkout injection protocol to lower the systemic effects ... and he agreed that it may very well make igf-1 less hypoglecemic (as he does subQ shots). Then, I also stated that igf-1 is less potent on blood glucose level than insulin to which he responded "yes you are right ..."

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Im in total agreement,Never went hypo but did have great glycogen loading effects.But 1 point of interest is Im almost never in a low or carb depleted state.

Marc-Antony

Awards
Thanks for the replies so far ... I'll be running my first igf-1 cycle in a few months time, so I am making sure that I am taking all the right precautions. "Better safe than sorry you know" ...

If anybody else wants to share ... feel free to add your comments.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Im in the same boat as the others. I never felt any hypo effects with IGF. Slin, on the otherhand, is a different story as far as how you feel.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh i feel like death after pinning post workout...like 15 mins after i pin i get hypo BAD..........i do about 50mcg when i do pin split 25/25

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I really only felt the effects if I hopped off the couch real fast and I would get a little light-headed for a split second, but that was about it.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I sorta wonder how AP and IGF-1 would work together. I know if I planned to use IGF I would pin immediately PWO...which is also when I usually take AP. I then wait 15 min for the AP to kick in before downing my pwo shake. Just curious if it could make a person too hypo too quickly? I know pumpingiron is running this but not sure about his AP dosing...guess i could ask.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
I have only doen one shot so far where i mixed about 30mcg's of igf and only about 5 iu's of slin. Whereas i have gone up to 12 iu's of slin with only slight hypogylcemia. About 15 minutes i went hypogylcemic. So if you take them both just watch out as the igf will significantly increase the chance of going hypo.

"I really only felt the effects if I hopped off the couch real fast and I would get a little light-headed for a split second, but that was about it."

~~ I think you may be more similar to vertigo or whatever its called where your brain doesnt get that much blood or a lack of oxygen to it because of a sudden movement(usually getting up)
Hypoglycemia feels much worse. It feels like all your energy is sucked right out of you, you get extremely tired and in me atleast i get really cranky. It's really an awful experience so just be careful and have some sugary juice or some sort of sugary beverage that can get digested quickly to help normalize your blood sugar levels.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I sorta wonder how AP and IGF-1 would work together. I know if I planned to use IGF I would pin immediately PWO...which is also when I usually take AP. I then wait 15 min for the AP to kick in before downing my pwo shake. Just curious if it could make a person too hypo too quickly? I know pumpingiron is running this but not sure about his AP dosing...guess i could ask.

I was wondering this, is AP and IGF necessary?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established

I would question the quality of the IGF-1 you have been using.

If you have experienced no hypo even after using IGF-1 from a few known quality suppliers, then that is good information to have.

My current IGF-1 makes me terribly hypo but surprisingly does not trigger hunger.

I do not think that bilateral injections will lessen the effect on glycemia. It is only a systemic effect in that the activated receptors will promote leeching of blood glucose by the affected cells. So even if IGF were only active in say your pecs, which you have pinned immediately postworkout, your pecs will still leech sugar from the bloodstream like crazy and create a hypoglycemic effect. If your nutrition is fine, you will not feel it.

Marc-Antony

Awards
I would question the quality of the IGF-1 you have been using.

If you have experienced no hypo even after using IGF-1 from a few known quality suppliers, then that is good information to have.

My current IGF-1 makes me terribly hypo but surprisingly does not trigger hunger.

I do not think that bilateral injections will lessen the effect on glycemia. It is only a systemic effect in that the activated receptors will promote leeching of blood glucose by the affected cells. So even if IGF were only active in say your pecs, which you have pinned immediately postworkout, your pecs will still leech sugar from the bloodstream like crazy and create a hypoglycemic effect. If your nutrition is fine, you will not feel it.

So you are saying Slin like diet ... or 2tbs honey, and low gi/slow releasing carbs will do fine? Then same type of carbs an hour later, and an hour after that.

If you were to consume high GI carbs postpinning, how much/say 10mcg's, and how frequently?

Marc-Antony

Awards
oh i feel like death after pinning post workout...like 15 mins after i pin i get hypo BAD..........i do about 50mcg when i do pin split 25/25
How does your postpinning diet look like? 2-3 meals following your injection.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
So you are saying Slin like diet ... or 2tbs honey, and low gi/slow releasing carbs will do fine? Then same type of carbs an hour later, and an hour after that.

If you were to consume high GI carbs postpinning, how much/say 10mcg's, and how frequently?
Regular carb feeding is IMO all-imortant to not only avoiding going hypo, but also for full results. I like 1.5g-2g carbs /mcg of IGF-1 immediately with the injection.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Mark-a to answer your pm, I live like 5 mins from my gym so after my workout i zip home ..pin 50 mcg bi-lateral then take my creatine ee,then mix 3 scoops of whey to about 24 ounces of skim milk.Slam that then eat something about 30 mins later......i don't do igf that ofter though..every now and then....

Marc-Antony

Awards
Hey Mark-a to answer your pm, I live like 5 mins from my gym so after my workout i zip home ..pin 50 mcg bi-lateral then take my creatine ee,then mix 3 scoops of whey to about 24 ounces of skim milk.Slam that then eat something about 30 mins later......i don't do igf that ofter though..every now and then....
Sweet ... now I can understand why you felt hypo ... not a whole bunch of carbs, and lactose isn't that great, as a primary source of carb.

Thanks a lot mate. Reps for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IGF-1/GH 1
pitt6691 IGF-1/GH 29
pitt6691 Anabolics 2
Max32 IGF-1/GH 1
IGF-1/GH 8