Storage Concern IGF-1 LR3

SCmaniac

Awards
I recieved some IGF-1 about 1 month ago and have stored the vials in the back of my closet. Should I be worried about the potency. I am also moving to Florida and have a 11 hour car ride, should I pack the IGF with an ice pack or just try to keep it cool somewhere inside the car. Truly greatful for all help!

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
IGF is fine for up to 2 years at room temp. Its fine.

Marc-Antony

Awards
IGF is fine for up to 2 years at room temp. Its fine.
So reconsituted igf-1 (0.6% AA + igf-1 powder) can be kept at room temp ... and is stable for a at least a few hours at room temp once you add BW??

Are you sure about that cause a very reputable member on another board where you have to get an invitation from a senior member to become a member yourself ... told me:

Me: "so there is no need to refrigerate it (reconsituted igf-1), I can keep it in my room ... at all time. And just add the BW before going to the gym still at room temp."

He answered: "Wrong

I said it will last several HOURS at room temp without degrading. HOURS.

When you reconstitute IGF1 you reconstitute ALL of it at once. What I'm saying is a pre-loaded syringe can be kept unrefridgerated for several hours without too much worry. A vial of it IGF1 however must be refridgerated."

So it seems that reconsituted igf-1 has to be refridgerated.

So is it ok to keep reconstituted igf-1 at room temp?

But I've also read that Liquid stability data shows that Long™R3IGF-I is stable for 3 years (-20°C to 37°C). Therefore, the stock solution should be stable at 4°C (refridgeration temp) for 3 years. But if it's stable between -20°C to 37°C is means that it should be stable at room temp ...

It's really annoying to get conflicting information.

What I was gonna do is reconstitute my igf-1 ( 0.6% AA + if-1 powder) and keep it at room temp.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
HOURS if you've added bac. water to it. YEARS if still in powder form, or reconstitued with AA.

This is something I think LMD posted.
Storage of LR3 IGF-1
*Study conducted by Gropep

The stability of a liquid solution of LR3IGF-I was monitored for a period of two years at storage conditions of -20 C, +4 C, +22 C, and +37 C. The final concentration of LR3IGF-I was in acetic acid. At various time points, samples were taken and compared to a lyophilized control (stored at 4 C). Listed below are the stability results for each respective storage condition.

Storage Condition: -20 C (-4 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 2 years
Immunological Activity No Change up to 2 years
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 2 years
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 2 years

Storage Condition: +4 C (39.2 F)

Storage Condition: +22 C (71.6 F)

Storage Condition: +37 C (98.6 F)
Biological Potency No Change up to 1 year
Immunological Activity No Change up to 1 year
Mobility of Protein No Change up to 1 year
Elution Profile by reversed phased HPLC No Change up to 1 year

In conclusion, there is no significant difference in the potency of LR3IGF-I associated with the storage of the liquid formulation when stored at this range of temperatures. There is no evidence for loss of biological activity at any of the tested temperatures when stored as a liquid product. As you can see IGF can be quite stable for even a year at room temperature, but if you want to keep it around for a while then stick it into the fridge. So in my opinion the best way to store LR3 that is suspended in BA (benzoic acid) is in the freezer. The BA won’t allow it to freeze. And if you have it suspended in AA (acetic acid), store it in the fridge.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I store mine in a lock box at room temperature. Glad the info was helpful.

2RIIPPED

Awards
I've stored reconstituted in AA at room temp and in the refrigerator. Saw no difference between the two. Its 2 years when reconstituted in AA in the refrigerator, and 1 year at room temperature when reconstituted in AA, this is LMD's info.

jsiwicki19

Awards
If I mix the IGF1 with AA, can you store for multiple months in the fridge? If so, do you mix sterile water in as you go?