Myostatin Question for PA, anybody else with knowledge

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    no, but do a google on myostatin propeptide

i think they may be developing it to be delivered by viral based gene therapy
    Just saw it. Thanks. You can actually place an order for it, but obviously it ain't cheap, and I have no idea on the dosing.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Speedbacker View Post
    Just saw it. Thanks. You can actually place an order for it, but obviously it ain't cheap, and I have no idea on the dosing.
    what site you looking at
    •   

3. I haven't a clue on the dosage though. Do you know what kind of dosage would be needed?

4. The ceo of celldyne sent me abstracts 65 and 66. It was sent in a scan format and i'm not that computer savvy so I just opened it with internet explorer. Again, I don't know why we weren't able to find it when we looked but here's what he sent me. He said something about a poster presentation in Reno, Nevada. This link should work.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/scan.jpg
    •   

5. Quote Originally Posted by Speedbacker View Post
    On a technical point, we are talking about a proliferation of muscle fibers and cells. Technically, this could be termed hyperplasia vs. hypertrophy. Perhaps we need new terminology.
    If I remember right the main effect of myostatin lowering is hypertrophy, not hyperplasia. I had the damn study here somewhere which I think looked at this specifically, I'll see if I can dig it out of my computer.

6. Here are abstracts 65 and 66. The link posted above doesn't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. I found this plate and captions. Its from one of the studies done by Dr. Lee and his group over at John Hopkins. I thought it was interesting because it shows the difference between a mouse genetically predisposed to blocking the activin IIb receptor -vs- a mouse that produces high levels of follistatin. Naturally this doesn't mean that the Folstaxan will have the same results since the levels of follistatin elevation from Folstaxan are probably not near as much as what this genetically altered mouse is producing. Just thought it was intersting to further the discussion.

Figure 1. A muscle ‘explosion’ follows myostatin ‘neutralization’. The control mouse (normal) is shown for comparison. The ActRIIB mice have a genetic defect that prevents myostatin from binding to its purported receptor. Follistatin mice are genetically modified to express high levels of follistatin; this also results failure of myostatin to bind to its receptor. The result in both cases is dramatically enhanced muscle mass. Similar studies indicate large reductions in body fat. Strength and caloric output also increase markedly.

From: Lee S-J, McPherron AC (2001). Regulation of myostatin activity and muscle growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci, USA 98: 9306. Image used with permission from the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA. Copyright 2003. National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A.

8. Poor mice. I wonder if being killed and skinned can help get your ripped.

Can't find the study I was looking for. I got it from Dan over at the HR site. I can't remember if it was on knock out mice or some other type though, so I don't know how relevant it would be here.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    If I remember right the main effect of myostatin lowering is hypertrophy, not hyperplasia. I had the damn study here somewhere which I think looked at this specifically, I'll see if I can dig it out of my computer.
    I covered this during the interview on my radio show. As I recall mice with a genetic defect that inhibits myostatin expression experienced both hypertrophy and hyperplasia, however, normal mice who had their myostatin inhibited experienced only hypertrophy. I have the abstarct. I'll find it and post it later.

10. Quote Originally Posted by triceptor View Post
    I covered this during the interview on my radio show. As I recall mice with a genetic defect that inhibits myostatin expression experienced both hypertrophy and hyperplasia, however, normal mice who had their myostatin inhibited experienced only hypertrophy. I have the abstarct. I'll find it and post it later.
    Which leads me to believe this product, if effective and that's a long shot to be nice about it, would probably cause hypertrophy and not hyperplasia.

11. Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Which leads me to believe this product, if effective and that's a long shot to be nice about it, would probably cause hypertrophy and not hyperplasia.
    Agreed

12. Quote Originally Posted by triceptor View Post
    yes I agree. with a little added GH or IGF-1Lr3 the effects would probably tilt the scales in to hyperplasia.

The fact is that any myostatin binding/inhibiting product will be the same. But the study that is going to be done by Celldyne will shed more light. They are preparing to do a twin mouse study.

13. Quote Originally Posted by triceptor View Post
    They are preparing to do a twin mouse study.
    Any hot tub action in it?

14. Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Any hot tub action in it?
    the thought of one tiny mouse and one real muscular one and that parity that Joe Rogan used to do with the two guy working out in the basement in Brooklyn comes to mind.

15. I really hope that this compound can induce hyperplasia. On the Super human Radio interview it sounded like they were doing mouse studies to see if hyperplasia was induced. Only time will tell. We need drugs specifically for hyperplasia without the negatives associated with GH and IGF-1..huge belly.

16. Quote Originally Posted by CarlBenson View Post
    I really hope that this compound can induce hyperplasia. On the Super human Radio interview it sounded like they were doing mouse studies to see if hyperplasia was induced. Only time will tell. We need drugs specifically for hyperplasia without the negatives associated with GH and IGF-1..huge belly.
    Beggars can't be choosers. If this compound does ANYTHING it will be a pleasant surprise. Not trying to be negative, but honestly, the chances of folstaxan doing what it is said to do are slim to none. But then again, what do I know, it could be the next big thing.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Speedbacker View Post
    Beggars can't be choosers. If this compound does ANYTHING it will be a pleasant surprise. Not trying to be negative, but honestly, the chances of folstaxan doing what it is said to do are slim to none. But then again, what do I know, it could be the next big thing.

you know, unlike other supps that were supposed to effect myostatin - this one is very straight forward.

• It's egg protein based - derived from fertilized chicken egg yolks

• Fertilized chicken egg yolks have a high degree of follistatin

• Other egg protein powders appear to be highly bioavailable - why should we think this one won't

• Follistatin is the major protein it provides

• Elevated follistatin reduces circulating myostatin - no one is debating this part - John Hopkins proved this time and again

I think the real unanswered questions are - what does reducing CIRCULATING myostatin have to do with HOW MUCH muscle growth. This is supposed to be elucidated through the twin-mouse study.

Dr. Se-Jin Lee's group is trying to arrest muscle wasting diseases by suppressing circulating myostatin through a variety of pathways. They seem to think it will have the desired effect.

I'm sure there will be some anecdotal summaries of the product a couple months after its released. I was told by Rick Green that's still on track for ~6 weeks from now.

18. and also rick told me that comparing his product to that product of GEN humanafort is like comparing apples to oranges totally different products.

19. Quote Originally Posted by triceptor View Post
    you know, unlike other supps that were supposed to effect myostatin - this one is very straight forward.

• It's egg protein based - derived from fertilized chicken egg yolks

• Fertilized chicken egg yolks have a high degree of follistatin

• Other egg protein powders appear to be highly bioavailable - why should we think this one won't

• Follistatin is the major protein it provides

• Elevated follistatin reduces circulating myostatin - no one is debating this part - John Hopkins proved this time and again

I think the real unanswered questions are - what does reducing CIRCULATING myostatin have to do with HOW MUCH muscle growth. This is supposed to be elucidated through the twin-mouse study.
    I agree, I'm just trying to be realistic.

20. Quote Originally Posted by BLACK747 View Post
    and also rick told me that comparing his product to that product of GEN humanafort is like comparing apples to oranges totally different products.
    Black 747- I remember a while ago you said this:

Hello Everyone I Normally Wouldnt Post My Results But I Have Done A 10 Week Cycle At 500 Micrograms A Week Of The Anti-gdf-8 Pm Me And Ill Tell You What I Believe It To Do.

Were you full of **** or did you really experiment with it, or were you just being a tease?

21. actually it was five weeks at 500 micrograms a week and to be honest the tiredness effect i got from it was very profound
    i will post more tonight got to go to work

22. Quote Originally Posted by BLACK747 View Post
    actually it was five weeks at 500 micrograms a week and to be honest the tiredness effect i got from it was very profound
    i will post more tonight got to go to work
    OK. Did you have an increase in muscle hypertrophy?

23. the biggest thing as for as muscle increase i think is my shoulders and traps got bigger know im not and expert in this
    im just stating what happen to me my appetite was also uncontrollable i also remember my cholesterol level was real high i cant say it came from the anti-gdf-8 or not

24. i actually think it was like 7 weeks that i took the stuff i remember spending like 1700 dollars all together.yup like a dumb###
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 01:45 PM
  2. Question for PA on 11-oxo
    By awmcdon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 03:38 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 02:03 PM
  4. For those of you with questions about NO supplements
    By str8flexed in forum Supplements