Too soon for IGF-1 results?

LegalMuscle

Awards
I started my first IGF-1 protocol a week ago, following a Grunt approach of 40mcg EOD split into two doses and injected bilaterally immediately pwo into the muscle group trained. So today was my 4th injection. I am also using 3iu HGH ed, which I've been on for several months.

Should I be seeing some results by now, or does it take longer for an EOD protocol to ramp up? I truly haven't noticed anything, really. No weight gain, no lethargy, no strength increase, no hypo or significant change in appetite, etc. (I am sort of a hypo type person anyway and eat something every 2-3 hours, but nothing has changed since starting the IGF). I did arms today and thought I *might* have noticed a bigger pump than usual (not a "my arms are going to explode" pump like with androgens but more of a "hmm my arms feel bigger than last time I did arms" type of thing), but that may have been wishful thinking. I got the IGF from what I think is a pretty reputable source, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe the powder was somehow damaged, or the clear unmarked bottle that came with it to reconstitute was something other than AA, or something else has rendered my precious peptides a broken heap of amino acids. :(

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Clear unmarked bottle should be AA.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
If it burns when you inject it, its AA.

LegalMuscle

Awards
Clear unmarked bottle should be AA.
I'd say it was; I'm just grasping at straws trying to figure out why I haven't really noticed anything yet! :frustrate (I didn't mention that I reconstituted it a week or two before I starting using it, so if in the unlikely event it had been, say, BW, it would have degraded).

LegalMuscle

Awards
If it burns when you inject it, its AA.
I reconstituted with 2ml AA, so I'm drawing out 4 ticks to make 20mcg for each dose, and then drawing up 11 ticks of BW right before injecting for 15 ticks total. A few times I've noticed some mild burning at the very start of the injection, and other times I haven't really noticed anything. I figured with the BW my experience may be normal.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
IGF isn't a fast acting substance. It takes a while for the new muscle cells to grow. I don't notice any strength increase, hypo, or anything else other than hunger after about 2-3 days.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
OH yea... thats why I got that huge bottle of horse penicillian...... ;):icon_lol:
:lol:

Didn't grunt say in the sticky somewhere that if your dosing it right then you shouldn't get the hypo, etc. Just good pumps and fatloss (or lack of fat gain) should be noticed...

LegalMuscle

Awards
IGF isn't a fast acting substance. It takes a while for the new muscle cells to grow. I don't notice any strength increase, hypo, or anything else other than hunger after about 2-3 days.
I've read a lot of things to that effect, but then I've also seen a number of people claim to have gained 10-15 lbs of LBM in 4 or 5 weeks, so it's rather confusing. And didn't Grunt say somewhere in that great giant thread of his (hats off to Grunt as I read every page!) that he put 1" on his arms in like 2 weeks or something? But that may have been using a different protocol too (ED and only injecting bi's or something).

LegalMuscle

Awards
:lol:

Didn't grunt say in the sticky somewhere that if your dosing it right then you shouldn't get the hypo, etc. Just good pumps and fatloss (or lack of fat gain) should be noticed...
Maybe he'll weigh in. That thread is awesome but it's so darn long by the time I finished it I'd forgotten half of what I'd read!

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
I've read a lot of things to that effect, but then I've also seen a number of people claim to have gained 10-15 lbs of LBM in 4 or 5 weeks, so it's rather confusing. And didn't Grunt say somewhere in that great giant thread of his (hats off to Grunt as I read every page!) that he put 1" on his arms in like 2 weeks or something? But that may have been using a different protocol too (ED and only injecting bi's or something).
I don't think Grunt would say that about IGF-1 alone, maybe combined with a few AAS.

LegalMuscle

Awards
I don't think Grunt would say that about IGF-1 alone, maybe combined with a few anabolic steroids.
Actually it was 1/2":

But suffice it to say that my first experimentation protocol was 5 minutes postworkout in my biceps, delts and chest because my previous research had indicated that the postworkout window was limited, and because those were my lagging bodypart. My biceps went from 17" to 17½" in the first 2 weeks along with some fatloss and another ½" in the 2 months afterward, my DB curls going from 55 x 10 to 65 x 10. That was after 12 years of natural training, with genetic potential pretty maxed out. Chest and delt results I did not even attempt to quantify but the difference was clearly visible.
But in rereading that first page he also noted that the protocols he was recommending would not produce major, immediate LBM increases, and that IGF-1 is more of a recomposition compound than a mass gainer or fat loss compound, and that the major effect was the new muscle cells to be grown down the road. So maybe I just need to be patient. :lol:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
I start mine Friday, I have a log in the cycle info section.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
give it a week or so. You should notice a nice pump in the injected area right away. I am assuming your doing your gh after workout? so pwo 3ius of gh and then 15 mins later do your igf. The effects for me accumulated over time. At the two month mark is when i was really gaining strength and muscle and what i mean is new personal records. No where near 10-15lbs maybe with pmgf you can do that..
hmm i will be testing that theory out real soon...

LegalMuscle

Awards
give it a week or so. You should notice a nice pump in the injected area right away. I am assuming your doing your gh after workout? so pwo 3ius of gh and then 15 mins later do your igf. The effects for me accumulated over time. At the two month mark is when i was really gaining strength and muscle and what i mean is new personal records. No where near 10-15lbs maybe with pmgf you can do that..
hmm i will be testing that theory out real soon...
I do the gh 1.5iu in the am and the other 1.5 before bed. (I know lots of people avoid taking it before bed to keep from suppressing their natural output, but I doubt that's much of a factor at my age). Do you really think doing it all pwo and shortly before the IGF would make a significant difference? Plus I thought taking the IGF asap pwo while the receptors are still upregulated was paramount? Thanks for the feedback.

bobbyn

Awards
i posted this on the anti aging page but didn't get a response....

this igf-1 is it used in anti aging protocal? it seems more of a body building drug but see it's in with the anti aging / over 35 stuff.

i'm interested in puting on some extra muscle but don't know if my anti aging dr supports the use of it....

i'm on hgh....and 5% t gel

thanks much in advance for a little insight

bob

bobbyn

Awards
hey...i'm just looking for some help. you seem to have the time to write but not attitude to post something helpful. sorry if highjacked your post... or if it was too much of a bother for you to get the email
bob

LegalMuscle

Awards
hey...i'm just looking for some help. you seem to have the time to write but not attitude to post something helpful. sorry if highjacked your post... or if it was too much of a bother for you to get the email
bob
The point was you should have started a separate thread. There's nothing wrong with asking questions in someone else's thread if the subject matter has some relationship to the topic, but this doesn't. As far as being unwilling to be helpful, I have no idea whether IGF-1 has AA benefits, and I'd be surprised if anyone else really does either. And I'd be more than surprised if your AA doc would approve of its use. GH is controversial enough, and there's far more research floating around on it.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
The point was you should have started a separate thread. There's nothing wrong with asking questions in someone else's thread if the subject matter has some relationship to the topic, but this doesn't. As far as being unwilling to be helpful, I have no idea whether IGF-1 has AA benefits, and I'd be surprised if anyone else really does either. And I'd be more than surprised if your AA doc would approve of its use. GH is controversial enough, and there's far more research floating around on it.
For the last time IGF-1 will not help with Alcoholics Anonymous! :drunk:

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
I do the gh 1.5iu in the am and the other 1.5 before bed. (I know lots of people avoid taking it before bed to keep from suppressing their natural output, but I doubt that's much of a factor at my age). Do you really think doing it all pwo and shortly before the IGF would make a significant difference? Plus I thought taking the IGF asap pwo while the receptors are still upregulated was paramount? Thanks for the feedback.
on workout days yes do the hgh first. after 15 minutes you get an igf spike from the gh. Taking advantage of that is why i recommend doing the igf 15 mins later.. on non workout days do the gh first thing in the morning when hgh production is at its lowest. I still would not recommend doing it before bed. there is no reason to suppress your natural levels.
1.5 iu in the morning
1.5 iu in the after noon at least 3 to 4 hrs before bed.

on workout days since you are only doing 3ius i would do all 3 pwo and then 15 mins later do the igf. you will get better muscle growth and fatloss doing it this way..

good luck..

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I am powerless over IGF-1, and my life has become unmanageable.

LegalMuscle

Awards
on workout days yes do the hgh first. after 15 minutes you get an igf spike from the gh. Taking advantage of that is why i recommend doing the igf 15 mins later.. on non workout days do the gh first thing in the morning when hgh production is at its lowest. I still would not recommend doing it before bed. there is no reason to suppress your natural levels.
1.5 iu in the morning
1.5 iu in the after noon at least 3 to 4 hrs before bed.

on workout days since you are only doing 3ius i would do all 3 pwo and then 15 mins later do the igf. you will get better muscle growth and fatloss doing it this way..

good luck..
Interesting. I think I may try your suggestions and see if I can tell any difference, although I may wait a little longer until I can tell if my IGF is good. BTW, I think the thought behind doing the GH before bed if your natural output is already low is to replicate what the body does naturally, since it releases a lot of it while you sleep. I know a lot of people take it the way you're recommending too though (am and afternoon). Thanks again.

LegalMuscle

Awards
Update: I had my IGF-1 level checked and it came back 504, which is quite high. However, I don't know if that is likely due to the GH, the IGF-1, or both? The reason I say that is, while I know GH can cause elevated IGF-1 levels, and one would think adminstering IGF-1 directly would too, I remember reading somewhere that IGF-1 blood tests look only for bound IGF-1, and I thought the purpose of LR3 IGF-1 was to keep it unbound. In which case LR3 may not be picked up by the typical IGF-1 blood test. Thoughts?

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
not sure myself. But whatever it is thats doing it sure seems to be working !!

LegalMuscle

Awards
not sure myself. But whatever it is thats doing it sure seems to be working !!
I'm with you there! But I'd love to know if the test validates one or the other compound, or both. May have to retest after the IGF-1 cycle to know for sure.