Peg-MGF?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I've looked around and could not find a clear answer on how long Peg-MGF is good for once reconstituted in BW. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I see all the peptide experts cruising, nobody knows?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, thats surprising to me. How about regular MGF, how long does that last reconstituted?
Hm, dunno. A couple weeks when kept in the fridge I guess. Not very long.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
What about pegMGF before reconstitution? IBE instructs to store it in the freezer. What if it's kept at room temp?

norwegianX

Awards
Why shouldnt pMGF be mixed with AA-solution like IGF?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Is it necessary to freeze peg or is it O.K. in the fridge? Thanks for answering these questions Grunt.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Rule of thumb if I'm not using it, the freezer it goes.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
pMGF goes in the freezer if you want it to, but only when unreconstituted. Once reconstituted, it needs to remain in solution in a LIQUID so perhaps you can bring it to sub-zero Celsius without getting it solid. That is fine. Still, the fridge is IMO the best option. Plenty cool and no risk of damaging anything.

same_old what do you want me to tell you. All the other peptides that we use are OK in a pH-neutral environment, but Long R3 IGF-1 being the exception needs a slightly lower pH. It took many years to discover in which particular environment the peptide would be most stable. It is the exception. So the answer remains: because it is a different peptide. If you are trying to inversely ask why IGF-1 needs a lower pH to be stable, the answer is I DON'T KNOW. And I don't care either FWIW.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
same_old what do you want me to tell you. All the other peptides that we use are OK in a pH-neutral environment, but Long R3 IGF-1 being the exception needs a slightly lower pH. It took many years to discover in which particular environment the peptide would be most stable. It is the exception. So the answer remains: because it is a different peptide. If you are trying to inversely ask why IGF-1 needs a lower pH to be stable, the answer is I DON'T KNOW. And I don't care either FWIW.
"IGF-1 needs a lower pH to be stable" is a perfectly satisfactory answer for me. i dont care why either - i only wanted to make sure you werent just guessing!

but wait...how do we know what pH MGF or pMGF prefers, for stability?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
"IGF-1 needs a lower pH to be stable" is a perfectly satisfactory answer for me. i dont care why either - i only wanted to make sure you werent just guessing!

but wait...how do we know what pH MGF or pMGF prefers, for stability?
You are right, some years down the line we may discover that for example pMGF is more stable in NaCl solution than in BW or whatever. But for now all we have is BW/NaCl for everything but IGF-1 which prefers a slightly acidic environment.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
So is it pretty much a toss-up at this point between BW and NaCl? Or is there any reason to believe that one is superior than the other for pMGF?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
So is it pretty much a toss-up at this point between BW and NaCl? Or is there any reason to believe that one is superior than the other for pMGF?
I like BW for the sterilization insurance. BW sterilizes the stuff it touches, but not NaCl. I'm not saying the pMGF isn't sterile but it is common medical practice to use BW for diluting for sterility reasons and I believe in sterility.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
pMGF goes in the freezer if you want it to, but only when unreconstituted. Once reconstituted, it needs to remain in solution in a LIQUID so perhaps you can bring it to sub-zero Celsius without getting it solid. don't care either FWIW.

Agreed I should of stated unconstituted. Once I reconstitute the fridge it goes.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
A couple months AT LEAST.
GK over at bolex is certain that peg mgf lasts 3 weeks at most. Not saying either of you is wrong or right, but how do you know it is good for more than 3 weeks?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
GK over at bolex is certain that peg mgf lasts 3 weeks at most. Not saying either of you is wrong or right, but how do you know it is good for more than 3 weeks?
I'm almost sure he said that it will keep 3 weeks without significant degradation. Which means a couple years until the active is all gone. Put it this way:

If it goes from 100% to 95% potency after 3 weeks, you can say "It remains good for 3 weeks" but then again if it is 85% good after 2 months, it would be OK to assert that it "lasts" a couple months at least. In all cases it is a gradual degradation and it all depends what you mean by "degraded" or "still good"... Very subjective terms. But all in all, the rule is reconstitute only when starting a run with it. Anyway, a vial lasts 3 weeks at the puniest dosage...

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's good for at least a year, Bro.
Any time I see the word "Bro" I just ignore whatever is said...
It's usually the sign their just repeating something they herd.

But why would you reconstatute a year before you planned on using it? I highly doubt you could make a vile last that long anyways (not to mention enviromental elements that effect peptides)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm almost sure he said that it will keep 3 weeks without significant degradation. Which means a couple years until the active is all gone. Put it this way:

If it goes from 100% to 95% potency after 3 weeks, you can say "It remains good for 3 weeks" but then again if it is 85% good after 2 months, it would be OK to assert that it "lasts" a couple months at least. In all cases it is a gradual degradation and it all depends what you mean by "degraded" or "still good"... Very subjective terms. But all in all, the rule is reconstitute only when starting a run with it. Anyway, a vial lasts 3 weeks at the puniest dosage...
Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking about getting some 2mg vials, but I think you recommend not doing that, do to the fact that the guy that sells them isn't legit. I remember reading he isn't selling actual peg, its mammalion maybe? I'll stick with IBE, a surefire thing.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking about getting some 2mg vials, but I think you recommend not doing that, do to the fact that the guy that sells them isn't legit. I remember reading he isn't selling actual peg, its mammalion maybe? I'll stick with IBE, a surefire thing.
haha...i am not saying that what grunt said isnt true (it probably is), but i do find it a little amusing when a consumer blindly obliges to a merchant saying: "dont buy our competitor's product because it is _____ whereas ours is not ____." (whatever the adjective)

IBE is a good company, but they are still out to make a buck like everyone else. the competitor says "they are overcharging - dont believe them when they tell you you only need Xmcg to get results. they are just trying to defend the high price."

neither claim is really grounded in facts, as far as i can tell...just competition.

again, i am not putting anyone down - just trying to distinguish salesmanship as opposed to science.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
haha...i am not saying that what grunt said isnt true (it probably is), but i do find it a little amusing when a consumer blindly obliges to a merchant saying: "dont buy our competitor's product because it is _____ whereas ours is not ____." (whatever the adjective)

IBE is a good company, but they are still out to make a buck like everyone else. the competitor says "they are overcharging - dont believe them when they tell you you only need Xmcg to get results. they are just trying to defend the high price."

neither claim is really grounded in facts, as far as i can tell...just competition.

again, i am not putting anyone down - just trying to distinguish salesmanship as opposed to science.
Great post! I'm a bit torn, because I share the same view.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
IBE is solid company tried and trusted, everything I've used from there has gotten the job done plain and simple.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
IBE is solid company tried and trusted, everything I've used from there has gotten the job done plain and simple.
Absolutely, and I'm not trying to cause any controversy, but if you could get the same product at a fraction of the cost, would you? The dilemma is, I'm 100% confident with IBE and only 80% with the other seller.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Absolutely, and I'm not trying to cause any controversy, but if you could get the same product at a fraction of the cost, would you? The dilemma is, I'm 100% confident with IBE and only 80% with the other seller.
well, i think the logical solution is to seek user feedback on the other seller's product. if it is virtually identical to what you're hearing about IBE's stuff, then that goes a long way.

unless you have REALLY high personal ethics, in which case you would only buy from the company that blazed the trail, as opposed to supporting those who are riding IBE's coattails (and there's a new one every month it seems)...this is certainly the ideal route for supporting availability of new and exciting products (as opposed to proliferation of ripoff companies that put zero dollars into research and really dont even know what they are selling)

i just wish there was a happy medium. i get that the group that released a product in the first place (or second place, see next paragraph) deserves to charge more, because they have $ tied up in research...whereas for the ripoff companies the leg work is already done and the hype machine already cranked up. but does it HAVE to be so damn much??? we know (from the ripoff guys) that many of these peptides dont cost much AT ALL when bought in quantity. so why the 2500% markup? (i am not exaggerating)

keeping in mind that "innovation" companies like IBE are of course ripping off pharmaceutical companies, hospitals and university labs, and using their actual research as the basis for establishing the usefulness of a product for the bodybuilding community...so we shouldnt deify them, but certainly they are doing more than most companies with respect to exploring these new frontiers.

*sigh*

i dunno. when it comes down to it, the cost difference outweighs any idealism or loyalty i may have. perhaps that reflects negatively on me. but the free market is, after all, the great normalizing force.

i wonder if IBE went under, who would take their place? companies like USP Labs, despite their often really shaky science and questionable sales tactics, at least have the spirit of innovation. cant say i've seen that with any other research chem co...maybe LEF or PnP

okay, off my soapbox!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yes they are selling the mammalian sequence whereas the I-R product is the human sequence. That's all I got. Well that and the absence of any feedback at all that I could see on the other stuff, and resounding positive feedback on the I-R. The "other stuff" might work, but why does the human body have a different sequence? We have to understand that peptides are extremely powerful biological factors and as such, using the wrong one can have ANY consequence imaginable, or even unimaginable. Really.

I agree about the price thing, IF the products are identical. In this case they are NOT.

Bear in mind that using an inappropriate peptide CAN hurt your test subject VERY BADLY.

norwegianX

Awards
Hm, dunno. A couple weeks when kept in the fridge I guess. Not very long.
Do you have any idea why the pmgf last longer in the fridge than hMGF? I read in another post that you have run the regular mgf. Did you notise any diffrent in the results?