Would IGF help?

Texun

Texun

Awards
First some background. I'm 36 and have been lifting for about 24 years. I'm 5'8" and, before my wreck was at about 220. My bodyfat was 18% or so. High,but not awful. I had never taken any anabolics. Last spring, I did a cycle of Haladrol and Orastan. It was an experiment to see what it would do. That's when I found this site. I got really good results. I gained about 6 pounds, and during the post cycle therapy I gained another 4. My waist also shrank. I was really pleased. I was preparing to start a cutting period after after my PCT. The weekend in between PCT and beginning my new program is when I had my wreck. It was the morning of July 17th.

Here's what happened. I leaned over go get a coin I had dropped. (Not a real smart thing to do.) I swerved and hit the wall on the freeway. My truck flipped onto the drivers side. My window was rolled down, and my left arm went out the window. The truck slid down the freeway, and so did my arm. My arm ended up pinned under the truck. After they cut me out some of the arm was still on the road. For a couple of days, the doctors weren't sure I'd keep my arm, or if I did, if I'd ever be able to use it again.

The end result was a reconstructed elbow, a skin over about 25% of my arm, and a flap. For the flap, they took fascia out of my thigh to pad the forearm where the muscles were torn out. From about two inches below my wrist to about two inches above my elbow, muscle was torn out. It tore at an angle ending at the elbow. At the elbow, all muscle was gone. The remaining muscles in the forearm are only pieces of the original. I also damaged the raidal nerve. I'm just starting to get extension in my wrist and fingers. The doctor isn't sure if there'll be enough muscle in the forearm to make the hand function normally. The muscles on the bottom of the arm were untouched. It was just the top that's severely damaged. They might transfer muscle from either the bottom of the arm or the other arm to make the hand functionally normal. It will still be a couple of months before I know if it will work as is, or if I'll need more surgery.

My elbow is another problem. After having the arm locked at a 90 degree angle for 8 weeks to let the skin heal, I lost almost all flexability. Now, after about four months of therapy, I'm able to extend it to within 15 degrees of straight and flex it to within 20 degrees of normal. It'll take about another year before it's completely normal.

After being able to do absolutely nothing physical for 5 months, I've finally gotten back into the gym. I've been doing cardio for about 6 weeks and lifting for three. My lifting is very limited, because of the limited flexability of my arm, but there are some things I can do.

After all of that, here's my question. Would IGF/MGF or something like that help my arm? I'm trying to avoid having another surgery, and I don't want to move muscles around. I want what aleready works to keep working 100%. I've read a lot on this board since the spring, and I've learned a lot from it. If I'm reading correctly, IGF helps grow new muscle cells. If that's the case, it seems, at least theoretically, that it could help replace some of the muscle that was torn from my arm. I know there is some muscle to work with, but I don't know if that would be sufficient. I've waited until now to ask this question, since I'm finally able to lift and just found out exactly the extent of what's missing in my arm. I knew the muscles were torn out, but I wasn't overly concerned with exactly what, becuase until the nerve grew back, it wouldn't matter. Now that the never has grown back, it's time to start exploring options for fixing the forearm.

This isn't the circumstance under which I wanted to make my first post, but things don't always go as planned.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
The quick answer is yes. IGF-1R3 is very healing substance. It can heal 6x the nerve gap. It can heal tendons at 300% speed of normal. It heals cartilage. In several cases the IGF-1R3 works even better to heal with higher HGH levels. So either HGH or HGH booster is a very good idea. PGH-T is the cheapest and works, but may not be the best. Cissus should absolutely be also used.

Peg MGF is likely to help create new muscle.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/57933-arthritis.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/53121-hgh-torn-tendon.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1-gh/48232-post-surgery-igf.html

Texun

Texun

Awards
Thanks. That gives me a couple of things to focus my research on.