how long can I use MGF?

large1

Awards
Ok...so I know igf can be used for about 4 weeks before receptors downregulate. how long can I use MGF for? Any thoughts appreciated.

Large1

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Ok...so I know igf can be used for about 4 weeks before receptors downregulate. how long can I use MGF for? Any thoughts appreciated.

Large1
About the same amount of time. New evidence suggests the gains stop not from receptor downregulation though.

Should be able to run them both together perpetually and get cumulative results.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
About the same amount of time. New evidence suggests the gains stop not from receptor downregulation though.

Should be able to run them both together perpetually and get cumulative results.
To satisfy my curiosity, what's the new evidence that you're basing this on? Personal experience, others you've talked to, research?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
To satisfy my curiosity, what's the new evidence that you're basing this on? Personal experience, others you've talked to, research?
Others I have talked to, and research.

It had been asked for a long time why do the gains from IGF-1 stop after a few weeks but not from GH, which mostly operates through IGF-1? That was a missing piece of the puzzle for a while there. And then the same happened with MGF: after a few weeks, gains stop.

Upon doing more research I realized that while it is true that GH works through IGF-1, in athletes, it works more through the IGF-1Ec splice than the IGF-1 liver splice. IGF-1Ec is MGF. So while GH raises IGF-1, in athletes, it raises MGF more than IGF-1. Up until a couple years ago, IGF-1 was IGF-1 even if you were talking about MGF, which makes reading some of the science very difficult.

So anyways, GH's big secret is the MGF/IGF stack. Or so it seems. Going back to theory, one can certainly see that too numerous myoblasts will fail to proliferate, which explains the stopping gains from MGF, and that too few myoblasts will fail to fuse, which explains diminishing gains from IGF-1, and that a good number of myoblasts will proliferate if given the right stimulus (MGF) and fuse if given the right stimulus (IGF-1). So the combination of MGF & IGF, be it from GH or from both, provides a steady stream of new myoblasts that are readily fused, providing continued gains.

Some guys report that this holds true with the pMGF and Long R3 IGF-1 over a couple months at least. I will be running them both concurrently pretty soon and hopefully I will keep the stack going for a good long while.

large1

Awards
Awesome post grunt!

Others I have talked to, and research.

It had been asked for a long time why do the gains from IGF-1 stop after a few weeks but not from GH, which mostly operates through IGF-1? That was a missing piece of the puzzle for a while there. And then the same happened with MGF: after a few weeks, gains stop.

Upon doing more research I realized that while it is true that GH works through IGF-1, in athletes, it works more through the IGF-1Ec splice than the IGF-1 liver splice. IGF-1Ec is MGF. So while GH raises IGF-1, in athletes, it raises MGF more than IGF-1. Up until a couple years ago, IGF-1 was IGF-1 even if you were talking about MGF, which makes reading some of the science very difficult.

So anyways, GH's big secret is the MGF/IGF stack. Or so it seems. Going back to theory, one can certainly see that too numerous myoblasts will fail to proliferate, which explains the stopping gains from MGF, and that too few myoblasts will fail to fuse, which explains diminishing gains from IGF-1, and that a good number of myoblasts will proliferate if given the right stimulus (MGF) and fuse if given the right stimulus (IGF-1). So the combination of MGF & IGF, be it from GH or from both, provides a steady stream of new myoblasts that are readily fused, providing continued gains.

Some guys report that this holds true with the pMGF and Long R3 IGF-1 over a couple months at least. I will be running them both concurrently pretty soon and hopefully I will keep the stack going for a good long while.
Will you be using the protocol suggested by Gavin Kane? I seen his protocol over at promuscle and was thinking of running it in my upcoming cycle. Thanks for the advice.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Will you be using the protocol suggested by Gavin Kane? I seen his protocol over at promuscle and was thinking of running it in my upcoming cycle. Thanks for the advice.
No I will be using the protocol suggested by Grunt76 :D

Interestingly they are similar.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
and what might this protocol look like?
It is privy to the people who donate money to pick my brain... But it has many things in common with GK's way of doing things. Him and I seem to agree on almost everything regarding these things. The main difference is that I charge a lot less and my physique is much less impressive... :blink:

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
It is privy to the people who donate money to pick my brain... But it has many things in common with GK's way of doing things. Him and I seem to agree on almost everything regarding these things. The main difference is that I charge a lot less and my physique is much less impressive... :blink:
ahhh ok ok. I will stick to my 2x week IGF and 2x week MGF schedule then

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
For the money that's a pretty good protocol you have there. :D
Why thankyou. However, I think can only afford to run 6 week cycles like this during my pct's twice per year.

norwegianX

Awards
For the money that's a pretty good protocol you have there. :D
Would it be better to do it like this:

Day 1:200mcg pMGF
Day 2:40mcg IGF-LR3
Day 3:40mcg IGF-LR3
Day 4:200mcg pMGF
Day 5:40mcg IGF-LR3
Day 6:40mcg IGF-LR3
Day 7:200mcg pMGF

I was thinking of doing this for about 12 weeks. Do you think this is a good idea Grunt76?

Do you have any other suggestions for this cycle?

Sorry for my bad english:p

Thanks!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Would it be better to do it like this:

Day 1:200mcg pMGF
Day 2:40mcg IGF-LR3
Day 3:40mcg IGF-LR3
Day 4:200mcg pMGF
Day 5:40mcg IGF-LR3
Day 6:40mcg IGF-LR3
Day 7:200mcg pMGF

I was thinking of doing this for about 12 weeks. Do you think this is a good idea Grunt76?

Do you have any other suggestions for this cycle?

Sorry for my bad english:p

Thanks!
That seems like a thoroughly FANTASTIC idea my friend. Hell, it's what I do... :)

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my $.02

i did not see any permanent gains from MGF that i didnt see from LR3 IGF-1 when i used them together. i pinned a number of different ways (ED, E3D, post-muscle group, etc etc)

the MGF+IGF seemed to "inflate" my muscles a bit more than IGF did solo, but the effect did not continue after discontinuation. i still got the lovely veins and mild hypertrophy that i always get, but nothing was added that isnt normally there.

as cheap as MGF is (especially compared to IGF), i wont be buying it again.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
my $.02

i did not see any permanent gains from MGF that i didnt see from LR3 IGF-1 when i used them together. i pinned a number of different ways (ED, E3D, post-muscle group, etc etc)

the MGF+IGF seemed to "inflate" my muscles a bit more than IGF did solo, but the effect did not continue after discontinuation. i still got the lovely veins and mild hypertrophy that i always get, but nothing was added that isnt normally there.

How do you prefer taking your IGF now that you've tried many different ways?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
my $.02

Yes, MGF is not very effective at all. Mostly I refer to pegylated MGF, which is the only reasonable variety of the stuff. Be careful because someone sells pegylated MGF that is actually the "consensus mammalian MGF" sequence rather than the original pegylated Human MGF which is available at only one place.

You really should try the pMGF with IGF-1 over a couple months continuous use bro, I think you will love the stack.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How do you prefer taking your IGF now that you've tried many different ways?
2x/d (AM and PWO), 40mcg each shot, not bilaterally, for about 23 days. quits working after that, for me.

also a ton of protein and moderate-high low GI carbs.

oh and insulin, of course. whole different ballgame with diabeti-bol.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
2x/d (AM and PWO), 40mcg each shot, not bilaterally, for about 23 days. quits working after that, for me.

also a ton of protein and moderate-high low GI carbs.

oh and insulin, of course. whole different ballgame with diabeti-bol.
thanks for the response.

so you prefer ED for about 3 weeks opposed to EOD/E3D for 4+ weeks?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Some guys are like that: they prefer less gains that come quickly to more gains that come more smoothly.

HighRPM's

Awards
Be careful because someone sells pegylated MGF that is actually the "consensus mammalian MGF" sequence rather than the original pegylated Human MGF which is available at only one place.
Grunt, are you saying that the other PEG MGF does not work as good as the Human PEG MGF? I have been using ** brand and it seems to work well. The brand in TheGame46 recommends in his handbook.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the response.

so you prefer ED for about 3 weeks opposed to EOD/E3D for 4+ weeks?
yes. whereas i prefer AS gains to be slower (enough people accuse me of juicing as it is), my IGF gains wont be huge no matter what i do, so i like to really notice them, thus the greater effect for shorter period.

i have noticed a very close inverse relationship between dosage and duration of cycle....but there's still a limit.

i hate that IGF quits working so fast!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Grunt, are you saying that the other PEG MGF does not work as good as the Human PEG MGF? I have been using ** brand and it seems to work well. The brand in TheGame46 recommends in his handbook.
TheGame46 knows his stuff well. If you find someone else who says they have pMGF, just make sure you are talking about HUMAN pMGF. If the source says he doesn't know or has nothing to back up his statement, just walk away. An animal peptide sequence can have some very unpredictable effects. OR it could be just as good but who knows.

yes. whereas i prefer AS gains to be slower (enough people accuse me of juicing as it is), my IGF gains wont be huge no matter what i do, so i like to really notice them, thus the greater effect for shorter period.

i have noticed a very close inverse relationship between dosage and duration of cycle....but there's still a limit.

i hate that IGF quits working so fast!
Add some pMGF and you can keep using both together for a long while bro.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Add some pMGF and you can keep using both together for a long while bro.
maybe. hMGF didnt appreciably increase the duration of efficacy of IGF. only thing that did that was lower doses...

but i may give er a go.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
maybe. hMGF didnt appreciably increase the duration of efficacy of IGF. only thing that did that was lower doses...

but i may give er a go.
Seriously bro I have tried both the hMGF and pegMGF and they are very far from being similar.