Transdermal Application of IGF-1/GH?

djl

Awards
  • Established
Just saw this interesting Active Transdermal System that apparently allows for transdermal delivery of proteins or peptides.

Has anyone heard of this tech? Would it allow for transdermal application of IGF/GH?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
NO those peptides are too fragile and would in all likelihood be destroyed by the rubbing. And why on earth one would want to take them in transdermally is beyond me.

djl

Awards
  • Established
NO those peptides are too fragile and would in all likelihood be destroyed by the rubbing. And why on earth one would want to take them in transdermally is beyond me.
Heh, I have a problem with needles (had to get stitches under my kneecap when I was 9, and the nurse broke the needle on my kneecap :))

I didn't think that technology took rubbing--micro needles on the pad basically aren't felt at all, but do allow for excellent transdermal dosing.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
The slin pins are so small and painless, even needlephobes should just deal with it. And besides, the high cost of IGF is definitely a factor, so why waste so much product with transdermal?

Pin pin, just stick it in,
So small and thin for insulin.
Load it up and take the pin,
Prick your skin and push it in.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Pinning is the best way here, A dermal will not butter the biscuit here.