Dexamethasone dose dep. doubles GHRH effects

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
We all know, that during stress and exhaustion endocrine growth hormone and corticosteroids are expressed, to accumulate for the need of lipolyses and glycolysis, in a synergistic effect with other hormones, too, also, leading towards an enhanced recovery and sensitivation to following endocrinological recovery means, eg IGF-1 and IGF-2.

So a further examination of the relationship between corticosteroids and gh comes to mind and I found this article on pub-med, myself being severly challanged by asthma and corticosteroid-treatment.

So in the following study, there´s an explantion of why I managed to get along so well, with just 0.5mg dex, some gh and d-bol and been doing miserable on corticosteroids alone -asthma exacerbation included.

Realize, that in Cushingoid Syndrom the response to the growth hormone secretagogues in this study used, is blunted, but, in the lower dex. dose of this experiment, the response was nearly doubled at 4mg, which is a lot!
Its hydrocortisone equivalent is ~120mg, it´s prednisone eq. being 21mg!

So this year, I´ll give Hexarelin and a low dose Dex treatment a try, maybe along with some other anti-catabolic strategies, if asthma and cortisone-dose need to be higher, resp. becomes more severe. (which I hope to prevent with the simultanious treatmet of Ghrp-6, GH, and Dexamethasone).

Neuroendocrinology. 1990 Jan;51(1):51-8. Related Articles, Links

Dual and selective actions of glucocorticoids upon basal and stimulated growth hormone release in man.

Burguera B, Muruais C, Penalva A, Dieguez C, Casanueva FF.

Department of Medicine, Hospital General Galicia, Santiago de Compostela, Spain.

In humans, corticoids suppress growth and growth hormone (GH) secretion elicited by a variety of stimuli, while in the rat they potentiate both in vivo and in vitro GH release. To further study this problem, growth-hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) tests were performed in 6 nonobese Cushing's syndrome patients and 6 controls. The normal GHRH-induced GH secretion was completely abolished in the Cushing's syndrome group. To study the action of shorter corticoid exposures, 34 volunteers were subjected to four tests each: placebo treatment (control); dexamethasone (Dex) administration 4 mg i.v., 3 h before; Dex 8 mg p.o., 12 h before, and Dex 22 mg p.o. over the 2 days before the pituitary challenge that was always administered at 0 min (12.00 h). In the first test (n = 9), GHRH (1 microgram/kg i.v.) induced a GH peak of 14.5 +/- 3.8 ng/ml (control) that was potentiated by Dex 4 mg i.v. administered 3 h before (26.4 +/- 6.8 ng/ml). On the contrary, longer Dex treatments suppress GHRH-induced GH values (6.0 +/- 1.1 ng/ml after Dex 8 mg and 1.8 +/- 0.3 ng/ml after Dex 22 mg). Clonidine administration 300 micrograms p.o. (n = 7) increased GH secretion with an area under the secretory curve (AUC) of 1,274 +/- 236 that was potentiated by Dex 4 mg i.v. given 3 h before clonidine (2,380 +/- 489) and reduced by Dex 8 mg, the reduction being significant only after 22 mg Dex (595 +/- 47).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)